Len P Throws the Wet Blanket on the Shanahan Rumors

Coach Tuesday

gee - what a surprise

Russ Brandon manipulating the Bills fans through the media and the internet.

Regardless. I'm happy that we should see a new gm and coach. And also it looks like the bills are considering top notch top priced talent. Gives me a lot of hope. So much I have decided to attend the next home game. I was planning on eating that ticket

With so many conflicting reports about how Shanny feels about Buffalo, there is still only one thing we can truly take from Lenny P's report......

He's still really really fat and ugly.

Honest to God, I had forgotten he existed. I don't remember reading anything by him in the last couple of years.

Well, Vic Carrucci, who on the day that Jauron was fired was on the radio in an interview, and he had said not to get too excited cause Shanahan is in line to take over the Washington job, and that his interest in Buffalo is more of a negotiating tactic to get a better deal in Washington, and that Schefter may just be "helping out a friend" with that "report".

Carrucci still has alot of ties with the Bills organisation, so I wouldn't disregard anything he ahs to say either. He doesn't usually report something without some truth to it. He also thinks that the Bills will be looking at a more "Offensive minded" coach now

I dont need Shanny, or Cowher, or Holmgren. But if we pass up guys like Gruden, Dungy, Billick for Haslett I will walk to the stadium while eating a Mighty Pack with extra hot sauce, break onto the field and take a hot steaming dump on the 50 yard line logo.

ok hands down, that had to be THEE funniest **** ive read on this website ever :( ...money you need a reward for that...but any way i agree...but id switch cowher for gruden...gruden sucks, that tampa team was dungys...gruden just finished the job...i wanna dump in the endzone....now that'll be a real touchdown... :(:(

If they hire Haslett, Fassell, or Gilbride I swear I am done with the Bills. I already live in Portland OR and have to spend over $300 for Sunday Ticket to watch this recurring nightmare. If they do not hire a proven winner or at least one of the hottest offensive coordintors I am done. I'll just watch college football and golf on Sundays.

I'm with ya, bro. I've just about had enough to the point where I'm giving up on football. If Ralph screws this one up, I'm done. By the way, I'm just across the river from you, in Camas, WA.

Well, Vic Carrucci, who on the day that Jauron was fired was on the radio in an interview, and he had said not to get too excited cause Shanahan is in line to take over the Washington job, and that his interest in Buffalo is more of a negotiating tactic to get a better deal in Washington, and that Schefter may just be "helping out a friend" with that "report".

Carrucci still has alot of ties with the Bills organisation, so I wouldn't disregard anything he ahs to say either. He doesn't usually report something without some truth to it. He also thinks that the Bills will be looking at a more "Offensive minded" coach now

not true. if anything carucci has only proven that his only connection to the bills is that he owns a house in WNY. He is way off base all the time. he is a dump adn i wish everybody in buffalo would stop considering him credible.

I dont need Shanny, or Cowher, or Holmgren. But if we pass up guys like Gruden, Dungy, Billick for Haslett I will walk to the stadium while eating a Mighty Pack with extra hot sauce, break onto the field and take a hot steaming dump on the 50 yard line logo.

That's very nice. Now what is your plan B is Ralph offers the moon and the stars and they all say "NO!"? Which coaches family do you plan on holding hostage?

PTR

This whole thing about Shanahan, Cowher, Dungy, etc... not taking the Bills job because it's not attractive enough is absurd. The ESPN talking heads make it sound like taking the head coach position in Buffalo is akin to coaching at UB over Southern Cal. Gimme a break. It's the NFL....the richest and most powerful sports league in the world. If the owner is willing to pony up the cash and makes a committment to win, any of these longtime coaches would flourish here. It's such a homefield advantage when they assemble a solid D and at least a decent O.

From today's Tip Sheet:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/col...&id=4674219

Although the Buffalo Bills already have contacted Mike Shanahan about their coaching vacancy, as first reported earlier this week by ESPN's Adam Schefter, it could be difficult

"It could be difficult..." That is the extent of the story.

Hey, I've got another story. How's this ... "It could be easy." You see how I did that? The exact opposite, and yet equally true.

This whole thing about Shanahan, Cowher, Dungy, etc... not taking the Bills job because it's not attractive enough is absurd. The ESPN talking heads make it sound like taking the head coach position in Buffalo is akin to coaching at UB over Southern Cal. Gimme a break. It's the NFL....[u]the richest and most powerful sports league in the world.[/u] If the owner is willing to pony up the cash and makes a committment to win, any of these longtime coaches would flourish here. It's such a homefield advantage when they assemble a solid D and at least a decent O.

ummmm no. I can name at least 3 sports that are more richer

Agreed. Look Ralph better wake the hell up, fans aren't stupid and they are tired of this BS. He is going to finally have to pay the BIG bucks and get the !@#$ out of the way and hand the keys over. If he doesn't and hires some 2nd hand guy to come in, he will lose the fan base.

Ralph has worked his control freak magic show long enough that it's possibly TOO LATE for any self-respecting winning coach to come here and take the chance of a miserable time with the owner and thus a disaster tenure to sully their reputation.

Ralph could very well have already ruined us for anyone BUT a glorified assistant or perennial loser. If that's the case, I'm on Senator's bandwagon and would take Leach.

not true. if anything carucci has only proven that his only connection to the bills is that he owns a house in WNY. He is way off base all the time. he is a dump adn i wish everybody in buffalo would stop considering him credible.

True. He literally destoyed his cred in an instant with that "the Patriots will get Julius Peppers for a 2010 2nd round pick" report.

He almost died. He had some very serious health issues.

Well now I feel like an ass.

In that case, I'm glad to see he's recovered enough to get back to reporting.

Incidentally, reading that made me think of Dr. Z. Sadly it doesn't sound like his condition has improved at all since his stroke last year...