Brian Brohm

bills_red

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brian-...le-tab-analysis

Compares To: DREW BREES-New Orleans...Brohm is three inches taller and 15 pounds heavier than Brees, but both show tremendous poise standing in with the pocket tightening. Brohm has the drive back from center and to his pass-set point and the vision scan quickly to locate secondary targets. He is a high-percentage passer and good decision maker who will not force the ball into a crowd. While his arm strength isn't cannon-like, he is capable of making all the throws, showing good patience when attacking the middle of the zone. Even though the team struggled in 2007, he remained healthy as a senior, securing his spot as a probable first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope he can come in and start to live up to the hype.

I really like this signing, wanted us to draft him that year, wanted us to sign him all year...and finally we have him. Not saying he will be the next great QB, but I think he has a lot of upside with low risk as we dont have a huge investment in him.

In fact, I love this signing. I proposed this during the preseason (and many flamed the idea) and I wish we signed him then, but hopefully he can get up to speed enough to see some game action this season.

I really like this signing, wanted us to draft him that year, wanted us to sign him all year...and finally we have him. Not saying he will be the next great QB, but I think he has a lot of upside with low risk as we dont have a huge investment in him.

In fact, I love this signing. I proposed this during the preseason (and many flamed the idea) and I wish we signed him then, but hopefully he can get up to speed enough to see some game action this season.

I agree 100%. I have always liked Brohm and wanted him the moment he was placed on the PS. - I think we see him start this season.

This is a great move and I cannot believe they went out and got him, I had only been posting about getting him for months. I posted about Brohm the same time they placed him and Meredith on the PS, and I suggested we get both of them....they went out and got Meredith, then Brohm...WOW. Come to think about it, I also posted many times about Nic Harris pre-draft, and how he was a beast and how he would be a perfect fit for the Bills cover 2.. Maybe the Bills are reading my posts....

PS: Hire Shannahan, or look at Harbaugh from Stanford. :w00t:

College performance means nothing. A local SF radio sports station has Steve Young on every week. It's usually a pretty good and candid interview. Steve said that the difference between college and the NFL is that in college everyone is open, in the NFL no one is open.

I agree 100%. I have always liked Brohm and wanted him the moment he was placed on the PS. - I think we see him start this season.

This is a great move and I cannot believe they went out and got him, I had only been posting about getting him for months. I posted about Brohm the same time they placed him and Meredith on the PS, and I suggested we get both of them....they went out and got Meredith, then Brohm...WOW. Come to think about it, I also posted many times about Nic Harris pre-draft, and how he was a beast and how he would be a perfect fit for the Bills cover 2.. Maybe the Bills are reading my posts....

I like the Harbaugh idea. Look how he made Stanford a winning program. Even Trent Edwards couldn't do that.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brian-...le-tab-analysis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope he can come in and start to live up to the hype.

Wow! That third link in particular really sounded encouraging! :w00t: With this guy on board, it's very tempting to go OL in the 2010 draft. And when I say "go OL" I mean go OL!!! As in the following:

1. LT. Bell is not the answer.

2. Interior OL. Hangartner is, I think, the 32nd rated center in the league. We can either put the interior OL at center and bench Hangartner, or we can move Wood to center and start the interior OL at guard.

3. Front 7 defensive player.

4. RT. Butler gets hurt too often, so it's important to have quality depth at the RT position.

College performance means nothing. A local SF radio sports station has Steve Young on every week. It's usually a pretty good and candid interview. Steve said that the difference between college and the NFL is that in college everyone is open, in the NFL no one is open.

Yep, that's exactly why my biggest criticism of Edwards (and JP, for that matter) has been that he can't anticipate breaks. He's gotta see the guy in open space or already breaking to open space before he'll make the throw....that's a big reason why the fugger checks down constantly.

If you listen to the first clip posted above, at about the 2:30 mark Merrill Hodge says that one of the best things about the kid is that he's able to anticipate his WRs better than most other QBs and how that's a huge advantage coming into the NFL.

I'd love to see this kid hit the playbook for a few weeks and then let him play a bit before the end of the season.

You are a genius. I like the Coaching picks also. More people need to be advocating for Harbaugh from Standord. Guy has it together.

What I don't get is since when is 6'2" good size for an NFL quarterback? With the size of today's linemen, I really think you need a QB who is at least 6'4". Yes, I'm well aware that there are many successful NFL quarterbacks who are not 6'4", but a couple of extra inches really helps.

wish I had a couple of extra inch's as well.....ok that's just bad, I'm short (5' 6 1/2"), that's all I meant..lol..anyways...does this signing mean they most likely won't be drafting a QB this year?...I'm not really liking any of this years QB's...yes, I know I have Pike in my mock, but my mock was written b4 the events of the past week..lol

...does this signing mean they most likely won't be drafting a QB this year?...I'm not really liking any of this years QB's...yes, I know I have Pike in my mock, but my mock was written b4 the events of the past week..lol

That's possible. The team may have looked ahead to next year's draft, figured that they were drafting too late to get a genuine blue chipper and thought Brohm was as good or better than anyone they could pick up in the middle rounds. Still, I doubt they are viewing him as "the answer". My guess is that they feel that Fitzpatrick serves the role of veteran backup. Brohm is a developmental backup. And Edwards is the odd man out. I have a feeling that they look toward free agency (or possibly a trade -- McNabb?) for a genuine starting caliber NFL QB in the off-season.

Wow! That third link in particular really sounded encouraging! :angry: With this guy on board, it's very tempting to go OL in the 2010 draft. And when I say "go OL" I mean go OL!!! As in the following:

2. Interior OL. Hangartner is, I think, the 32nd rated center in the league. We can either put the interior OL at center and bench Hangartner, or we can move Wood to center and start the interior OL at guard.

4. RT. Butler gets hurt too often, so it's important to have quality depth at the RT position.

1.LT Bell MAY be the answer, I will let the new Coach decide about that.

2.Hangartner should be on the bench.............a QUALITY reserve for the entire interior of the line. Wood to Center.

3.Agreed, best one available.

4.Agreed. Maybe Butler becomes the reserve.

Wow! That third link in particular really sounded encouraging! :lol: With this guy on board, it's very tempting to go OL in the 2010 draft. And when I say "go OL" I mean go OL!!! As in the following:

IMO Butler should go back to guard wood to center, Bell and Meredith compete for RT spot in offseason, we shop for a LT