Jimmy Johnson

Mr. WEO

No thanks.

I don't see him rebuilding a team like this. He had a perfect situation in Dallas with the Vikings trade and then the #1 pick with Aikman stocking that team for years.

I'd make Jimmy Johnson a GM in a heart beat as he did pretty good at acquring draft picks Dallas and Miami outside of the Hershel Walker trade.

No thanks.

I don't see him rebuilding a team like this. He had a perfect situation in Dallas with the Vikings trade and then the #1 pick with Aikman stocking that team for years.

Plus the fact that most of the players he drafted for the Cowboys were players that he recruited for Miami. They were all from Florida so he had a history of scouting these guys from high school. ie Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton among others. He was not nearly as successful with the Dolphins because he didn't have that type of personel history with the college players at that time.

Why don't you just put it out there here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=101687

Missed that, Leo.

But as for JJ and the Cowboys--all indications were that, despite the great talent, he was a brilliant HC.

Look at Marv, awesome talent---no rings/ass kicked by JJ X 2.

Look at Dungy--truly awesome talent for YEARS and only 1 SB ring.

This ain't MLB or the NBA. Coaching matters in the NFL.

Hell, if we're just throwing names out there, I've heard Dan Reeves say he would like to coach again...

!@#$ him!

The game passed him by in the 90's... He would be beyond lost in 2010.

NO MORE OLD, CRUSTY SOB's! Find me a Tomlin, Singletary or Ryan. Young, confident and full of hot, angry piss-n-vinegar!

Why not and how much would it take to get him?

Let me count the reasons. Ok, if you have read the above then you know. Besides he would be doing head and shoulders commercials with Polamalu and he was a cowgirl, I want a hungry dog in the fight!