I think TO has met his match in Trent

zow2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strictly my opinion, I think he does to some extent.

I would like to think he realizes his own poor play at times limits his "desire" to vocally hold others accountable.

i.e. Kind of hard to blast Edwards poor play on a public stage when TO whiffs on a catch that goes for a pick 6.

IMHO, I think that is just another way TO is calling out this coaching staff. I think it has become pretty obvious TO has given up on this team.

There's not much public information to go on WRT the relationship between Edwards and Evans. However, based on the limited amount of info available, it rarely speaks in Edwards favor.

Remember that Evans vocally campaigned for Losman to retain the starting job over Edwards. I think they're relationship is strained to say the least.

Ah, I see. Since you cannot refute the argument, insult the poster.

Got it.

Aren't you the same poster that tried to claim Edwards was/would be better than Kelly?

While you continue to think of new insults for me, I will leave you with some more info tidbits:

Good/great players inspire those around them to play even better.

During the preseason, it was revealed not a single Bills player would not unequivocally say Trent Edwards was the leader on the team.

During the preseason, it was also revealed both Lee Evans and TO were constantly telling "Trentative" to throw the ball down field.

Now, feel free to B word about TO's body language all you want. But I do not think TO is the problem there. In fact, I think it speaks volumes of his opinion of this offense, and more importantly, of "his" QB. Hell, even Donte called out the offense.

It's beginning to look like the players have given up on Mr. Edwards.

But feel free to support that sinking ship.

Be careful, your making too much sense. The Edwards lovers might not like it.

The same Trent Edwards that played the perfect game against the Pats and almost beat them, the same Trent Edwards that had a good game going for three quarters against the Titans until our OC and HC started having brain farts, sure,

Free Beer, you bet.

I'll take your bet Heels and when Trent Edwards start's next season I'll personal message you on where to send my case of Budweiser and if he doesn't start all season long you can do the same. You said never be a starter, but just to give you a better chance we will go one season.

FYI almost doesnt count as a win. The Bills ALMOST beat the Giants in Super Bowl XXV, The Sabres ALMOST made it to the cup finals a few years ago, I ALMOST won the lottery, and you are ALMOST making sense.

Almost doesnt mean crap. The Bills have almost won like 8 more games in the last 3 years then they have. But they didnt. They lost them. It was the bad coaching, bad players, bad play calling, and bad quarterback play.

And anyone would be extremely smart to take your bet on starting the entire season since Trent hasnt finished an entire season w/o injury since he was a freshman or sophmore at Stanford.

Dude, you need to get over Trent. Hes not the next coming of Jim Kelly, or Dan Marino, or even Chad Pennington for that matter. He makes bad decisions, doesnt have the balls or game face to play and take the right chances to be a starting caliber NFL quarterback. We have given him just as long or longer then JP Losman what is it going to take for Edwards fans to finally give up on him? Ya know what, I dont care, go down with your boy. The rest of the fans that know what were talking about will be cheering on the new QB come spring time.

This team is a mess. During the Titans game the announcers were firing off stats for everything throughout the game, sadly we were amongst the worst in the league in almost every category. The Bills are becoming the Lions. Trent can't throw and TO can't catch, they make a good pair.

I was watching Brady and Manning last night and even Palmer/Roethlisberger earlier in the day. I could not help but think a QB like Trent would be the perfect backup behind established 1st stringers. If he had to come in because of injury, Trent could manage the game, hit some checkdowns and just try not to screw up. He's not really shown me he is a starter. Every time a crucial drive comes up in crunch time (4th Qtr) he fails. It started in NE opening day this year and has not gotten better. When the other team adjusts, he cannot overcome it.

See, and I think that is coaching... the coaches don't seem to be able to overcome other teams adjustments either. Can you ever remember, particularly on offense, this Jauron staff making any in-game adjustments, that worked? I can't.

I will admit, I really thought Edwards was going to be a good starting QB for us, for the next decade. I liked Losman, but, it was pretty apparent that there was just something lacking with that kid... I thought Edwards was perhaps not the athlete that JP was, but was just a tad smarter...all that may be true still, but I am really starting to believe (and I know it sounds like a cop-out) but the mix of the mediocre talent/horrendous coaching are just setting up an atmosphere where nobody can succeed.

Edwards game has regressed... but so too has this entire team. Has any player gotten better? Have they developed any talent? Most of the "good players" they have (Lee Evans, McGee, Schobel...can't think of a lot more), are about as good, and effective, as they were, before Jauron got there. The one true star that they have discovered, Fred Jackson, seems to be an afterthought to this inept staff. He has been their only offensive spark all season, yet he is relegated to being a "change of pace back"... I don't think Turk Schoenert was the problem....

This team has not gotten better, I would say, in any area,than they were, before Jauron came. In fact, they are significantly worse in most areas. You can point to the secondary, but their effectiveness can be, in part, a tribute to their awful run defense...why pass, when you can just run it down their throats?

Edwards seems to have gotten soft, mentally... he really has taken on the persona of his coach. I still hold out more hope for him that he can resurface somewhere as a competant QB, but I don't think that is going to happen in Buffalo. It happened with Drew Brees. He was pretty bad to awful in San Diego...but so was the team around him. He found the right match in Peyton and the Saints. Brees may be a little mentally tougher...

See, and I think that is coaching... the coaches don't seem to be able to overcome other teams adjustments either. Can you ever remember, particularly on offense, this Jauron staff making any in-game adjustments, that worked? I can't.

I will admit, I really thought Edwards was going to be a good starting QB for us, for the next decade. I liked Losman, but, it was pretty apparent that there was just something lacking with that kid... I thought Edwards was perhaps not the athlete that JP was, but was just a tad smarter...all that may be true still, but I am really starting to believe (and I know it sounds like a cop-out) but the mix of the mediocre talent/horrendous coaching are just setting up an atmosphere where nobody can succeed.

Edwards game has regressed... but so too has this entire team. Has any player gotten better? Have they developed any talent? Most of the "good players" they have (Lee Evans, McGee, Schobel...can't think of a lot more), are about as good, and effective, as they were, before Jauron got there. The one true star that they have discovered, Fred Jackson, seems to be an afterthought to this inept staff. He has been their only offensive spark all season, yet he is relegated to being a "change of pace back"... I don't think Turk Schoenert was the problem....

This team has not gotten better, I would say, in any area,than they were, before Jauron came. In fact, they are significantly worse in most areas. You can point to the secondary, but their effectiveness can be, in part, a tribute to their awful run defense...why pass, when you can just run it down their throats?

Edwards seems to have gotten soft, mentally... he really has taken on the persona of his coach. I still hold out more hope for him that he can resurface somewhere as a competant QB, but I don't think that is going to happen in Buffalo. It happened with Drew Brees. He was pretty bad to awful in San Diego...but so was the team around him. He found the right match in Peyton and the Saints. Brees may be a little mentally tougher...

Agree with everything except the Brees comment. His light just happened to click on and he was good for 2 years before leaving SD for NO.

It is painful to watch Trent not throw the ball, it happens on 60% of passing plays for the Bills. Literally, I sit there and say throw it, throw it, throw it...and he either gets sacked or tosses out a duck to the RB (who then gets destroyed because the throw is so late).

He simply, and for whatever reason, will not throw the ball down the field or over the middle of the field.

This quote from the Sully piece in the news. I think sums it up.

"That's the situation we're in right now," Edwards said. "We're 3-6 and we're not winning football games. The first person you got to look at is the quarterback. I'm coming back from an injury. It's tough to say right now, just in terms of not watching the film. I think he would say the same thing. So it's tough."

He needs to watch the film before defending his job. That tells you a lot. Would Jim Kelly need to see the film? How different would our history be if Grant had sent word to Lincoln that he couldn't proceed until he'd seen the films?

You'd like to see a little passion from your quarterback. Even Drew Bledsoe was defiant when they took his job away. Bud Adams, the 86-year-old Titans owner, flipped the bird at the Bills' sideline after the game. Is it so much to ask for Edwards to act like the fiery leader of an NFL team?

What has Trent done here. No matter how bad his O-Line may be, don't you think they may, just maybe try a little harder if Trent the Great did something ? How about taking the guys out for dinner, or buying them a beer. Something, anything that says " Guys we are in this together good or bad"

"Good/great players inspire those around them to play even better."

It is painful to watch Trent not throw the ball, it happens on 60% of passing plays for the Bills. Literally, I sit there and say throw it, throw it, throw it...and he either gets sacked or tosses out a duck to the RB (who then gets destroyed because the throw is so late).

He simply, and for whatever reason, will not throw the ball down the field or over the middle of the field.

I, for one have a hard time believeing our Tight End with 4.5 speed is or can never be open over the middle of the field when Evans and TO and Reed go wide or short. Middle has to be open 12 to 15 yrads downfield some times. Captain Checkdown just can't see it.

This quote from the Sully piece in the news. I think sums it up.

"That's the situation we're in right now," Edwards said. "We're 3-6 and we're not winning football games. The first person you got to look at is the quarterback. I'm coming back from an injury. It's tough to say right now, just in terms of not watching the film. I think he would say the same thing. So it's tough."

He needs to watch the film before defending his job. That tells you a lot. Would Jim Kelly need to see the film? How different would our history be if Grant had sent word to Lincoln that he couldn't proceed until he'd seen the films?

You'd like to see a little passion from your quarterback. Even Drew Bledsoe was defiant when they took his job away. Bud Adams, the 86-year-old Titans owner, flipped the bird at the Bills' sideline after the game. Is it so much to ask for Edwards to act like the fiery leader of an NFL team?

What has Trent done here. No matter how bad his O-Line may be, don't you think they may, just maybe try a little harder if Trent the Great did something ? How about taking the guys out for dinner, or buying them a beer. Something, anything that says " Guys we are in this together good or bad"

"Good/great players inspire those around them to play even better."

OK - suppposin'...just supposin' you're an NFL football player...big bruising O-line guy...modern-day gladiator...monster of the midway and all that crap....

You wanna go out for a beer with a glove-wearing Mary whose favorite actress is Dakota Fanning? :lol: What's Trent drinkin' - Shirley Temples?

This ain't exactly Jim Kelly we're talking about - you're not gonna see Trentie breaking anyone's legs after they pick him off.

Gotta hand it to Jauron, he molded a QB in his own image...

+1

I like Trent Edwards and I still see potential, but I'm beginning to wish he played for another team just so some of you dimwits would shut the F%@#K UP!!!

Some of you guys wouldn't know a good thing if your life depended on it.

I will laugh my ass off though when a new regime comes in and much to all the Trent haters dismay, the new regime is perfectly happy with Trent Edwards and see the same potential I see and have always seen. Because they know if you put Edwards behind a decent line and give him a coach that knows what the hell he's doing, Trent Edwards will be just fine.

I've backed T.O. since he arrived in Buffalo, but after yesterday I am done. T.O.'s body language was horrible and I'll bet you the same balls T.O. refused to budge off of his pattern for, our safety Jairus Byrd would have caught .

T.O. sucks :lol:

Being as good as he has been throughout his career...would you be happy to be playing on this team, in this offense, with this quarterback and for this coach?

Please. Give the guy a !@#$ing break...I'd be pissed off too.

OK - suppposin'...just supposin' you're an NFL football player...big bruising O-line guy...modern-day gladiator...monster of the midway and all that crap....

Other than Wood and maybe Levitre, who else on the Bills OL fits that description to begin with?

Tinker Bell? Boo-Boo Butler? Chamber Pot?

You wanna go out for a beer with a glove-wearing Mary whose favorite actress is Dakota Fanning? :lol: What's Trent drinkin' - Shirley Temples?

This ain't exactly Jim Kelly we're talking about - you're not gonna see Trentie breaking anyone's legs after they pick him off.