I think TO has met his match in Trent

zow2

Guest dog14787
Trent will play next year, only because the new coaching staff will want to groom our new 1st round QB and not throw him to the wolves. Trent will then happily check us down to another losing record but we will have optimism and hope because our new coaching staff has us in the right direction...with Trent as a back-up QB.

Sorry Dog, Trent doesn't have "it". He lacks emotion, he's easily rattled when he throws an interception and even his team (starting with the defence and now moving to his receivers) are starting to quit on him. Josh Reed quit on him yesterday and yelled at Jauron about Trent missing the obvious on reads. JOSH REED. Trent's outlet for the past three seasons had enough of Trent's sh!tty play.

He's done. Damaged goods. Your statement about how a new regime will fix him is the same thing all the Losman-iacs said when the rest of us knew he was done too.

I'd be willing to bet a case of beer that Trent only starts when other QBs get hurt and he'll never be a successful starter in the NFL. That kid with moxie who played with poise is gone. Jauron sucked the skill right out of him and made him a modern day Ryan Leaf.

The same Trent Edwards that played the perfect game against the Pats and almost beat them, the same Trent Edwards that had a good game going for three quarters against the Titans until our OC and HC started having brain farts, sure,

Free Beer, you bet.

I'll take your bet Heels and when Trent Edwards start's next season I'll personal message you on where to send my case of Budweiser and if he doesn't start all season long you can do the same. You said never be a starter, but just to give you a better chance we will go one season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same Trent Edwards that played the perfect game against the Pats and almost beat them, the same Trent Edwards that had a good game going for three quarters against the Titans until our OC and HC started having brain farts, sure,

Free Beer, you bet.

I'll take your bet Heels and when Trent Edwards start's next season I'll personal message you on where to send my case of Budweiser and if he doesn't start all season long you can do the same.

I just said he would be starting next season because he has a year remaining on his contract and our new coaching staff won't be retards and rush our new first rounder in until they groom him.

That being said, Fred Jackson almost beat the Patriots...not Trent and other than the first drive (capped by FJ throwing the TD) the offense sputtered. You cited two examples of Trent playing "well" but forget to mention the other 5 games where he looked horrendous.

Here's the bet....Trent will not be a starting QB 2011-2012 season when his contract with the Buffalo Bills expires. Bet is one case of beer.

Guest dog14787
Ah, I see. Since you cannot refute the argument, insult the poster.

Got it.

Aren't you the same poster that tried to claim Edwards was/would be better than Kelly?

While you continue to think of new insults for me, I will leave you with some more info tidbits:

Good/great players inspire those around them to play even better.

During the preseason, it was revealed not a single Bills player would not unequivocally say Trent Edwards was the leader on the team.

During the preseason, it was also revealed both Lee Evans and TO were constantly telling "Trentative" to throw the ball down field.

Now, feel free to B word about TO's body language all you want. But I do not think TO is the problem there. In fact, I think it speaks volumes of his opinion of this offense, and more importantly, of "his" QB. Hell, even Donte called out the offense.

It's beginning to look like the players have given up on Mr. Edwards.

But feel free to support that sinking ship.

My apology buddy for making it sound personal.

As far as T.O. goes, we are talking about a QB coming off a concussion and is bound to be rusty. T.O. 's notorious for throwing his QB under the bus and disrupting a Football team, it was only a matter of time...

My apology buddy for making it sound personal.

As far as T.O. goes, we are talking about a QB coming off a concussion and is bound to be rusty. T.O. 's notorious for throwing his QB under the bus and disrupting a Football team, it was only a matter of time...

Remember that our idiot head coach decided on giving each of them different days off so they wouldn't work with each other and work on their timing....

Guest dog14787
I just said he would be starting next season because he has a year remaining on his contract and our new coaching staff won't be retards and rush our new first rounder in until they groom him.

That being said, Fred Jackson almost beat the Patriots...not Trent and other than the first drive (capped by FJ throwing the TD) the offense sputtered. You cited two examples of Trent playing "well" but forget to mention the other 5 games where he looked horrendous.

Here's the bet....Trent will not be a starting QB 2011-2012 season when his contract with the Buffalo Bills expires. Bet is one case of beer.

One case of beer, its a bet :(

Whatever.

I believe that his performances have been horrible, no doubt.

But the Bills, as a whole, have been a collective f_ _ _ up since Smith, Reed, and Thomas left (i.e. the old guard). There is no plan, and hasn't been since John Butler was calling the shots as GM.

To counter your agruments, Cassel looked like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady behind the Pats line. Now in KC, he's not so hot. Clearly, who a player is surrounded with makes an impact as to the performances they will be able to put up.

Cassel? Really? In some ways, I think that's an apt comparison. Cassel was never really good to begin with. He benefited by the talent surrounding him and from superior coaching.

Is this what Edwards needs to be productive? Superior coaching and great supporting talent? If so, does that not bring into question just how good Edwards really is?

The Bills blew up the line, and he is on his 3rd coordinator in 3 seasons. At risk of sounding like a Trent apologist (which I am not),

If you are not, why do you keep bringing up 3 OC in 3 seasons? It's not like Edwards had to learn 3 completely different offenses. It is the same base offense from his first day as a Bill. Every OC was chosen to ensure continuity so the offense would NOT have to learn a new system.

Same base system three years later, and he still looks confused and unsure of what to do.

If he can't be decisive in this simple offense, he will never grasp the complexities of a west coast system.

I believe that the ability and mechanics that brought him to the attention of Bill Walsh are still present. Has he regressed? Absolutely. I don't know that he has ever recovered from the 1st concussion. Is he Captain Checkdown. Absolutely. Did his comments about not being a Bills fan, now taken in context with his lack of emotion in so many games this year, possibly indicate that he may be another Mike Williams-type of player; one who later comes out and publicly declares that he did not give it his all? Perhaps.

All that I am saying is that I have not given up on the potential that got him noticed and drafted. I would like to see him perform on a better team and in an actual NFL system of offense before I say he was a bust.

I wish it were with a better Bills team.

Trent's problem is mental. Better talent, different coordinators, and/or systems will not change a thing.

Don't forget the MOOOOOOOORE-MAN... BY respective position he is one of the best the bills have to offer.

A little tongue in check but true none-the-less.

Josh Reed has grown on me over the last couple of years. He's a great possession receiver.

Correct. He has also thrown other players and even a coach under the bus.

I was actually excited by TO's signing. Given TO's nature, either he was going to light a fire under this teams ass, or he would start calling people out.

Simply put, play better or be held accountable.

It was a win-win situation in my book.

And he's been holding people accountable all year.

I think if you're going to do that you bring in an older veteran to groom him. Even if TE was playing well a QB with three years in the league isn't going to be in a position to teach a rookie a whole lot.

Trent will play next year, only because the new coaching staff will want to groom our new 1st round QB and not throw him to the wolves. Trent will then happily check us down to another losing record but we will have optimism and hope because our new coaching staff has us in the right direction...with Trent as a back-up QB.

Guest dog14787
Correct. He has also thrown other players and even a coach under the bus.

I was actually excited by TO's signing. Given TO's nature, either he was going to light a fire under this teams ass, or he would start calling people out.

Simply put, play better or be held accountable.

It was a win-win situation in my book.

And he's been holding people accountable all year.

I wonder if T.O. holds himself responsible for the footballs that have bounced off his fat head.

Or the fact that things like his big toe, hip, and fat head are preventing him from getting in sync with his QB.

I don't see Trent having the same problem's with Lee Evans.

I wonder if T.O. holds himself responsible for the footballs that have bounced off his fat head.

Or the fact that things like his big toe, hip, and fat head are preventing him from getting in sync with his QB.

You don't? Lee has caught 27 balls compared to T.O.'s 26, through 9 games. I'd say Trent's having the same problems with everyone, and that problem is that he's not any good.

Guest dog14787
You don't? Lee has caught 27 balls compared to T.O.'s 26, through 9 games. I'd say Trent's having the same problems with everyone, and that problem is that he's not any good.

You come up with a stat that says the footballs distributed fairly equally and you quantify that as a problem.

The Rookie O-line is improving week by week and as they improve so will the offense. More time permitted for the QB, the more WR's will get involved. The offense looked better to me against the Titans than it has for awhile now and we almost beat a playoff caliber team despite the Titans record.

Sadly, any improvements made by the O-line, AVP with the offensive scheming and game planning or Trent Edwards are going unnoticed because of the Bills overall losing record.

The Rookie O-line is improving week by week and as they improve so will the offense.

No, they're not. How can they, when the line has a new starting lineup practically every half?

The offense looked better to me against the Titans than it has for awhile now and we almost beat a playoff caliber team despite the Titans record.

:(

You come up with a stat that says the footballs distributed fairly equally and you quantify that as a problem.

The Rookie O-line is improving week by week and as they improve so will the offense. More time permitted for the QB, the more WR's will get involved. The offense looked better to me against the Titans than it has for awhile now and we almost beat a playoff caliber team despite the Titans record.

Sadly, any improvements made by the O-line, AVP with the offensive scheming and game planning and Trent Edwards are going unnoticed because of the Bills overall losing record.

Dog, if you're not in PR you should be. You are trying to make the sh*t sandwich that is the Bills offense into into a delicious Beef on Weck, but it ain't working. The stat I showed didn't show equal distribution, it showed pathetic production. Lee is on pace for 48 catches and he's the leading receiver. The anemic offensive stats are overwhelming and indefensible. And there is more than enought blame to go around to Trent, the coaches, the OL, and the skill positions. The fact that other players and coaches are lousy does not take away from Trent's shortcomings. He is inaccurate, afraid to throw downfield, and lacks any discernible leadership qualities. The guy just stinks.

The offense looked better to me against the Titans than it has for awhile now and we almost beat a playoff caliber team despite the Titans record.

:( so we lose by 24 and we "almost beat them"...I guess we "almost beat" everyone this year!!! WOO HOO!!!!! We're "almost" 9-0. :lol:

:( so we lose by 24 and we "almost beat them"...I guess we "almost beat" everyone this year!!! WOO HOO!!!!! We're "almost" 9-0. :lol:

Well, yeah...but it was tied at 17 before the complete collapse. And you'd expect them to put up 21, as they are a playoff team, albiet with the same record as the Bills.

Well, yeah...but it was tied at 17 before the complete collapse. And you'd expect them to put up 21, as they are a playoff team, albiet with the same record as the Bills.

we almost beat the Pats, Browns, Saints, Texans and now the Titans....the only game we truely lost was against Miami. :(

Strictly my opinion, I think he does to some extent.

I would like to think he realizes his own poor play at times limits his "desire" to vocally hold others accountable.

i.e. Kind of hard to blast Edwards poor play on a public stage when TO whiffs on a catch that goes for a pick 6.

IMHO, I think that is just another way TO is calling out this coaching staff. I think it has become pretty obvious TO has given up on this team.

There's not much public information to go on WRT the relationship between Edwards and Evans. However, based on the limited amount of info available, it rarely speaks in Edwards favor.