Something bad happened today :(

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :oops:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing here. I end up laughing. It is a coping mechanism.

Seriously, how can the fans be smarter than the people who get paid to do this? It is actually funny how bad russ brandon is. He should go to hell. It makes me laugh, not cry, how bad this front office is. DJ's gametime decisions are actually funny! Really, how much more of a joke could it be?? So I laugh.

It's always a gradual degradation for me. During the Pats game opening night I remember running around my living room screaming and jumping after Schobel got the TAINT. My girlfriend thought I was absolutely nuts. Fast forward to this week where I just saty on the coach, and watched updates and laughed at terrible plays. Mind you the first game was televised and I just watched Sully and Mike run the play by play with NFL gamecast this week, but I just can't get that same level of caring up.

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :oops:

I love this team, having followed them for almost 40 years, but your post hit the nail right on the head for me as well. I've become a disinterested observer the last few weeks. I'm not sure when that happened, but it has and it's really sad. I'll keep watching, but Jauron's ineptness and the team's just pitiful on-field performances have really sucked the life out of my fandom. I'll always love the Bills and will watch every game, but I just feel like my "fan soul" has been ripped from my body by the assclowns that run this team right now.....

I love this team, having followed them for almost 40 years, but your post hit the nail right on the head for me as well. I've become a disinterested observer the last few weeks. I'm not sure when that happened, but it has and it's really sad. I'll keep watching, but Jauron's ineptness and the team's just pitiful on-field performances have really sucked the life out of my fandom. I'll always love the Bills and will watch every game, but I just feel like my "fan soul" has been ripped from my body by the assclowns that run this team right now.....

^^^This.

I'm just numb to this mess now. I hate Dick Jauron so much I fight horrible thoughts in my head regarding his well-being...thoughts like "I wonder if TO accidentally hit him with his car if people would really be upset?"

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :censored:

Did your boyfriend watch the game with you? :oops:

I felt the same thing, but it doesn't mean I'm "ending my fandom" for the Bills.

Even if they won today, it's not like I'd be excited for something for this season. I just have very little expectations of this team. I'll still pay attention next week, but won't expect them to do anything exciting.

I know how you feel. My wife asked me why I wasn't swearing at the TV. I said, "Why waste my energy?" No emotion left.