Expect Jauron to be fired tomorrow

keepthefaith

Nothing to go one here except instinct, but I think he gets the axe tomorrow. There is enough to question about today's game that has to leave Russ and Ralph feeling hopeless about this team for this year. We haven't heard much publically from Russ or Ralph but let's face it, it's quite obvious to anyone watching this team that they are a mess and at this point Ralph has to be embarrassed. It won't cost him much to elevate April to HC for the rest of the year and it will send a signal to the players that change starts now. I really think it will happen.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to go one here except instinct, but I think he gets the axe tomorrow. There is enough to question about today's game that has to leave Russ and Ralph feeling hopeless about this team for this year. We haven't heard much publically from Russ or Ralph but let's face it, it's quite obvious to anyone watching this team that they are a mess and at this point Ralph has to be embarrassed. It won't cost him much to elevate April to HC for the rest of the year and it will send a signal to the players that change starts now. I really think it will happen.

I hope you're right, but the only way I see this happen is if Ralph doesn't wake up tomorrow and someone else makes the call.

Today was no different than any other day. I don't think there is a breaking point for Jauron.

And next year when you don't want to go with April as head coach, do you demote him back to ST's?

Sorry, but I don't think any of this makes any sense.

Today was no different than any other day. I don't think there is a breaking point for Jauron.

And next year when you don't want to go with April as head coach, do you demote him back to ST's?

I doubt April would be anything but interim and sure he could be retained as ST Coordinator.

yeah you are probbly right--only pointing out the fact that Jauron shoulda been fired last year.

If they were going to fire Dick during the season, it would have happened during the bye week. They will not fire him this week. Possibly if thing continue to spiral out of control, he will be fired in a few weeks. But I don't expect anything until after the season and I still would not be surprised if he is not fired at all especially if he gets 6-7 wins.

Nothing to go one here except instinct, but I think he gets the axe tomorrow. There is enough to question about today's game that has to leave Russ and Ralph feeling hopeless about this team for this year.

you could have said the same thing after each loss this year with the exception of week 1 so what would be different about this loss then the others especially the horrible loss to Cleveland

Ralph hasnt fired a head coach during the season since '86 and i think before that the last time was the early '70's

face it, Ralph isnt firing anyone during the season and i'll be surprised if he even fires Jauron after the season

From the FO perspective there is absolutely no reason to fire him now - in fact, it works to their advantage to just string out this mess for the rest of the year - then this offseason, the annual marketing ploy for next season to artifically generate interest and sucker ST sales will be to hire a new coach.

I agree Jauron will be history NEXT YEAR. Ralph will let this year play out. 1 down, 7 to go.

DJ stays remainder of the year. No way Ralphie fires him.

Ralph can get himself about a 10% discount on DJ's contract if they agree to pay him in a lump sum now. With the top income tax bracket likely to go way up next year and beyond, he can buy Dickie out at a discount. Write the check and move on.

Guest dog14787

Its possible, the penalties can't be ignored or the questionable coaching decisions late in the game. The way the Titans kept making big plays DJ was damned if he does and damned if he doesn't on making them kick the field goal. 51 yards is no gimme and another 1st down its probably all over, DJ took the easy way out,

and he might be out the door because of it...

I'm fairly certain his contract status is no longer an issue. Surely, they could show tape of this last game and find Jauron in breach of contract because there's no way you can say this team is being coached.

From the FO perspective there is absolutely no reason to fire him now - in fact, it works to their advantage to just string out this mess for the rest of the year - then this offseason, the annual marketing ploy for next season to artifically generate interest and sucker ST sales will be to hire a new coach.

Ding ding. We have a winner. Agree.

From a player performance stand point.. there is nothing to be gained by firing DJ now. Whether he stays, or goes, the season result will be the same, 4-12.

BUT... if he is fired during the off-season, that may provide a teensy assist to season ticket sales. No matter when they fire DJ, they will loose season tix holders... but if they do it in the off season, they will loose fewer fans by next September than if they fire DJ now.

I'm fairly certain his contract status is no longer an issue. Surely, they could show tape of this last game and find Jauron in breach of contract because there's no way you can say this team is being coached.

Hadn't thought of that. At the very least, he could be suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team". Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Guest dog14787
Ding ding. We have a winner. Agree.

From a player performance stand point.. there is nothing to be gained by firing DJ now. Whether he stays, or goes, the season result will be the same, 4-12.

BUT... if he is fired during the off-season, that may provide a teensy assist to season ticket sales. No matter when they fire DJ, they will loose season tix holders... but if they do it in the off season, they will loose fewer fans by next September than if they fire DJ now.

I'm curious to why you think firing DJ now would be worse then the off season as far as season tickets go, wouldn't fans be relieved that RW has finally seen enough and maybe even get excited about it?

I thought we might still have a chance this season with a late push for the playoffs.Now that all hopes are pretty much gone I don't care when DJ goes, as long as he goes because canning him may be the only way the FO will also be replaced and thats what I want to see most.

I want to see the Buffalo Bills bring in a GM that knows how to build a football team.

I'm curious to why you think firing DJ now would be worse then the off season as far as season tickets go, wouldn't fans be relieved that RW has finally seen enough and maybe even get excited about it?

I thought we might still have a chance this season with a late push for the playoffs.Now that all hopes are pretty much gone I don't care when DJ goes, as long as he goes because canning him may be the only way the FO will also be replaced and thats what I want to see most.

I want to see the Buffalo Bills bring in a GM that knows how to build a football team.

Ticket sales, not team record is the metric here. It's all in the buzz factor. The firing will lead to a positive buzz.

If the firing occurs now, the buzz will be wasted as the Bills are so awful, that nothing done now will change the season results.

But if the buzz happens in February or whereabouts, the buzz may help season ticket sales.

Guest dog14787
Ticket sales, not team record is the metric here. It's all in the buzz factor. The firing will lead to a positive buzz.

If the firing occurs now, the buzz will be wasted as the Bills are so awful, that nothing done now will change the season results.

But if the buzz happens in February or whereabouts, the buzz may help season ticket sales.

O.K., thanks for explaining, that makes sense.

doggonit, that's horrible, you are probably right, its all about ticket sales.

O.K., that makes sense.

Fire Jauron, promote April to interim head coach. Hire a GM in february to bring in his own guys, including a new HC. You'll at least show that you're trying to fix this season and you'll still have that "buzz" for season ticket sales in February.

The thing about the "interim" tag, is that it is temporary. The only downside to this is that if the new regime wants to keep April, he may not stay if demoted back to ST coach. Oh well... collateral damage.

Exactly

Fire Jauron, promote April to interim head coach. Hire a GM in february to bring in his own guys, including a new HC. You'll at least show that you're trying to fix this season and you'll still have that "buzz" for season ticket sales in February.

The thing about the "interim" tag, is that it is temporary. The only downside to this is that if the new regime wants to keep April, he may not stay if demoted back to ST coach. Oh well... collateral damage.

Right. A decent marketing exec would advise Ralph to wait to fire Jauron till the offseason, to gin up ST interest at that point. A brilliant marketing exec, like Russ Brandon, might advise RW to stretch out the excitement -- fire Jauron now for an immediate jolt of adrenaline, then hire a GM after the season to build interest, then hire the coach to drive ST sales through the roof.

Or not. But there's a chance we get Jauron's head on a plate as a morsel to keep us interested before the end of the season.

Brandon needs to go back to marketing. Modrak, Guy & Jauron should be fired immediately. Get rid of the Tampon 2 defense as it got torched today by Chris Johnson & Vince Young.

Why in the hell do you put in a QB that is much worse than your starter after he gets intercepted? I don't know if that was Van Pelt or Edwards decision to throw the exact same play 3 times in a row, but that was very pathetic.

If Jauron got fired tonite, it would at least be a signal to the young players that RW and the front office realize and care about what's happened to this team.

We need a coach with an attitude like...

Mike Leach

"As coaches, you put pressure on yourself to improve, because ultimately the blame lies there,” Leach said. "Anybody that’s not on board, you get rid of them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a player or a coach or somebody in the background… if they’re not on board, you get rid of them.” -- Mike Leach

If Jauron got fired tonite, it would at least be a signal to the young players that RW and the front office realize and care about what's happened to this team.

Mike Leach

"As coaches, you put pressure on yourself to improve, because ultimately the blame lies there,” Leach said. "Anybody that’s not on board, you get rid of them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a player or a coach or somebody in the background… if they’re not on board, you get rid of them.” -- Mike Leach

Don't ever quit with the crusade, Senator. I have no idea whether Leach would work in the NFL, but even if he failed, he'd fail spectacularly. And he'd find value, in that he makes use of player types who come cheaply in the NFL.

I'd prefer a proven NFL coach, but there's no question that with Leach, win or lose, it'd be pirrrrrrrate crazy fun! Arrrrrrrrrrr.

Mike Leach

I'm just sayin...

Hard Rules.

Posts that contain the following material will not be tolerated and will be removed promptly (and depending on the nature of the offense - your ISP may be notified of these violations):

Do NOT post:

Advertisements (We sell ad space to anyone who wants to get their website noticed).

Obscene material

Links to obscene material

Foul language

Personal or harassing threats

Libelous or defamatory information

Spam

Messages under another user's screen name

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

Don't ever quit with the crusade, Senator. I have no idea whether Leach would work in the NFL, but even if he failed, he'd fail spectacularly. And he'd find value, in that he makes use of player types who come cheaply in the NFL.

I'd prefer a proven NFL coach, but there's no question that with Leach, win or lose, it'd be pirrrrrrrate crazy fun! Arrrrrrrrrrr.

How many of us on TSW are always thinking we could do a better job than the bums on the field? Well, with Captain Leach we might just get the chance...

Link - Leach Hits The Recruiting Trail...During A Game!!! :oops: