T.O. a no go = Hardy starting?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-a-no-go-again/

Can this mean Hardy will start...or Reed?

Hardy is a complete bust. Can't run routes, poor effort, and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand even our primitive offense. I'm willling to bet he would have been cut in the preseason if not for his 2nd round draft status and injury. He showed absolutely nothing last year except for one TD against the Jags after basically being handed the #2WR position. Rip me all you want but he'll be out of the NFL in 2-3 years after the bills waste a roster spot saving face and trying to "develop" him.

Reed needs to take back over at the #2 WR position. Reed is Edwards go-to guy and our offense has suffered since the ball hasn't been getting into Reed's hands like it was the last few years.

The problem is that Reed just isnt a very good outside receiver......he flourishes in the over the middle 3rd receiver role.

Hardy is a complete bust. Can't run routes, poor effort, and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand even our primitive offense. I'm willling to bet he would have been cut in the preseason if not for his 2nd round draft status and injury. He showed absolutely nothing last year except for one TD against the Jags after basically being handed the #2WR position. Rip me all you want but he'll be out of the NFL in 2-3 years after the bills waste a roster spot saving face and trying to "develop" him.

This seems like an incredible stretch to me..

Moulds is a complete bust. Can't run routes, poor effort, and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand even our primitive offense. I'm willling to bet he would have been cut in the preseason if not for his 2nd round draft status and injury. He showed absolutely nothing last year except for one TD against the Jags after basically being handed the #2WR position. Rip me all you want but he'll be out of the NFL in 2-3 years after the bills waste a roster spot saving face and trying to "develop" him.

Corrected, circa late 1990's.........

How you going to call Hardy a Bust when you haven't see him play in over a year. Please humor me and fill me in on the facts that led you to this conclusion.

Bust = 3 years or more

Bust = Look at the Bills system the last 10 years

Bust = QB play

Bust = DJ and his Coaching Staff

I would not call any player on this team a BUST until a new system is in place.

Rookie WR teamed up with Poor QB play and one of the worst offensive play calling dont mesh to well. VETS have problems with this lame system. LOOK AT TO And EVANS

Hardy had 24 attempts last year......Its been reported he was open many times as well as Evans and the QB's just did not deliver. You may be right......he may be a bust in Buffalo but odds are he would be a stud in another system.

Corrected, circa late 1990's.........

Do you really want to compare Hardy with Moulds at this point of both their professional careers? Hardy is that bad as a pro right now...

I still give him some reps at the end of the year then get rid of him if he is still stuck in unmotivated world. It's not that he can't, it's that he doesn't seem to want to fight for his career.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

It was his rookie year, he hasn't even had 16 games yet and you're ready to cut him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-a-no-go-again/

Can this mean Hardy will start...or Reed?

Wow i hope tblow is out, it will give the young guys a chance to play (Johnson and Hardy() and give Josh Reed a larger inviolvement in the offense. Truely a win win for the bills and next years new coaching staff, i myself wish they would axe him and let the young guys get reps.

All Hardy showed me last season was that he couldnt run, period. Maybe he fixed that during rehad.

Agreed. All the clever Eric Moulds comparisons don't make up for the fact that he looks completely outclassed in the NFL. Moulds was a guy who needed to learn how to play at the pro-level. Hardy needs to be reborn in a different body. He sure is tall though.

Just keep posting the same paragraph below about every player i nthe NFL and you'll look pretty smart as likely over 60% of players will become busts. If you limit the post to QB's the odds I'm guessing would go up to about 75% in your favor. It's easy to look smart calling people a bust as more often you'll be right.

Fill in the blank is a complete bust. Can't run routes, poor effort, and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand even our primitive offense. I'm willling to bet he would have been cut in the preseason if not for his 2nd round draft status and injury. He showed absolutely nothing last year except for one TD against the Jags after basically being handed the #2WR position. Rip me all you want but he'll be out of the NFL in 2-3 years after the bills waste a roster spot saving face and trying to "develop" him.

Just keep posting the same paragraph below about every player i nthe NFL and you'll look pretty smart as likely over 60% of players will become busts. If you limit the post to QB's the odds I'm guessing would go up to about 75% in your favor. It's easy to look smart calling people a bust as more often you'll be right.

For the bills 60% is to low. The actual percentage should be around 90% because almost all of the bills draft picks are busts. I forget the exact number but the bills have only retained like 6/52 players from the drafts between 2001-2005

When you apply it to guys like Hardly, you go up to 99.999993%.

For the bills 60% is to low. The actual percentage should be around 90% because almost all of the bills draft picks are busts. I forget the exact number but the bills have only retained like 6/52 players from the drafts between 2001-2005

since 2004 4 of the bills draft picks are totally out of football (this includes kevin everett), 3 are currently free agents (were on an active roster last year) and 8 play for other teams, of all of these players JP Losman was the only one that was picked before the 4th round (excluding everett who was lost for obvious reasons) So out of 38 players that were drafted in the last 5 years 23 of those players still play for the Bills that is about a 60% retention for the last 5 years. to put this in context, NE has less than 50% retention, SD has the same as us, Pittsburgh has 51%, NYG have 71% MIA has 46%, KC has 46%

now don't get me wrong, we have fielded some pretty crappy teams in the last 5 years but to say that it is because we have bad drafts or bad retention of players would be a mistake.

Agreed. All the clever Eric Moulds comparisons don't make up for the fact that he looks completely outclassed in the NFL. Moulds was a guy who needed to learn how to play at the pro-level. Hardy needs to be reborn in a different body. He sure is tall though.

Aaron Maybin?

Evans & Johnson outside receivers, Reed slot receiver. That should be the starting lineup IMO. TO is leaving so why not develop a young receiver like Johnson -- let the guy play. At this point this season serves no other purpose other than to develop young talent. Sure, give Hardy some time, too, but I like Johnson better.

Can someone just explain how we got a player injured on the Bye week? I'm fairly certain this is a new low in Bills' futility.

He was trying some new sex moves with his girl in LA and she put it on him so good......he pulled a hip muscle.

Hey sometimes I cramp up during sex, must remember to get limber before any booty activity :blink:

Bust = 3 years or more

Bust = Look at the Bills system the last 10 years

Bust = QB play

Bust = DJ and his Coaching Staff

I would not call any player on this team a BUST until a new system is in place.

Rookie WR teamed up with Poor QB play and one of the worst offensive play calling dont mesh to well. VETS have problems with this lame system. LOOK AT TO And EVANS

Hardy had 24 attempts last year......Its been reported he was open many times as well as Evans and the QB's just did not deliver. You may be right......he may be a bust in Buffalo but odds are he would be a stud in another system.

Mike Williams sends you his thanks. :blink:

If the second half of the season plays out like the first, I'd be rotating the younger guys in and seeing their potential: i.e. Steve Johnson and Hardy. I would never take Evans out because he is too good to take off the field. Yeah his numbers aren't great (who has good ones on this team?) but he makes plays when it comes his way (not dropping the ball, T.O., and working for extra yards).