Which current NFL QB do you think is most similar to Jim Kelly?

OnTheRocks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivers = Marino, quick almost sidearm release. Will never win the big one cause the running game sucks or the WRs suck, either or.

Aaron Rodgers reminds me the most of Kelly. Tough guy, throws into tight spots even after he gets picked off for the same throw. Rodgers will be a great one when its all said and done.

Definitely Rivers...

Same Arm

Same trust in his ability to fit it in tight places

Same immeasurable "clutch" ability

Same confidence

Same fire in his belly

He's a little more arrogant than Jim though... Not that Jim wasn't but...

I was watching the Chargers this past weekend and can't help but be reminded of Kelly when I watch Phillip Rivers.

He has some of the same cockey attributes and backs it up with success.

Brett Favre has always reminded me of Jimbo, and I wonder sometimes if Kelly would not have made a comeback with Baltimore to play for Marchibroda again, if not for Hunter's terrible illness that was discovered the year after Jim's retirement. I see a young Kelly in Rothlesberger, the way Big ben bumps into lineman, runs out of trouble and fires the ball for a first down. I watched Kelly make plays like that weekly in his first 5 years or so in Buffalo, until his knee injuries began taking their toll. Finally, Peyton Manning - the way he runs the "slow no-huddle", but calls out audibles all day and finds the open man, reminds me of Kelly's full speed no-huddle. Of course, as much as Kelly will always be my all time favorite Bill, even I am forced to admit Manning has a lot more natural talent and a more acurate arm then Jimbo ever had. Even so, someday Peyton will be welcomed into the same HOF that Jimbo resides in.