Rosenhaus tells it like it is

What we already know...

Pro Football Talk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-in-the-league/

Rosenhaus says Bills line "potentially worst in the league"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 6, 2009 2:40 PM ET

There are many reasons for Terrell Owens' miserable season in Buffalo. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is happy to give them to you. Ta

"It's incredible frustrating and I think you can basically pin it to three things," Rosenhaus told Joe Rose on WQAM this week. "Number one, coaching. Number two, quarterback play. Trent Edwards has been a disappointment this year, then he got injured and they brought in a backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Neither guy has played well."

Rosenhaus seemed to be warming up to what he sees as the biggest issue in Buffalo.

"The offensive line, I believe, is potentially the worst in the NFL. Especially at the tackle position, they got rid of almost every starter from last year, banked on revamping it . . . It's absolutely shocking how that offensive line play has prohibited them from being an effective offense."

Even Bills fans would find it hard to argue with Rosenhaus' points, no matter how much self-interest he has in the reasons. (We do wonder how these comments will be received, though, if they make it to the Bills locker room.) Lee Evans is a quality vertical threat in the middle of his prime, and only has 50 yards and two touchdowns more than Owens for many of the same reasons above.

T.O. is clearly not the dominant force he was in the past; he's not a top-ten wideout and doesn't seperate from defenders like he used to. But it's hard to tell just how how far Owens has declined because of the situation around him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would this have any effect on the Bills locker room. These guys have seen enough games to know its true. I am not as concerned about the seperation Owens gets as much as his stone hands.

Even Bills fans would find it hard to argue with Rosenhaus' points, no matter how much self-interest he has in the reasons. (We do wonder how these comments will be received, though, if they make it to the Bills locker room.) Lee Evans is a quality vertical threat in the middle of his prime, and only has 50 yards and two touchdowns more than Owens for many of the same reasons above.

T.O. is clearly not the dominant force he was in the past; he's not a top-ten wideout and doesn't seperate from defenders like he used to. But it's hard to tell just how how far Owens has declined because of the situation around him.

Sounds about right to me, except for the use of the word "potentially."

The real question will be how does the line get fixed this offseason. I have no hopes that it will. I don't know if there are any quality LTs or RTs availabe this offseason, I doubt that the Bills will spend the money necessary to sign one or two quality tackles. That leaves the draft, and if the Bills believe that they need a qb, then we are looking at using a second or third round pick on a tackle that needs to be a quality starter next year. The chances of that, particluarly for a rookie left tackle, are not promising.

Losing Peters, for whatever the reason, has been devastating for this team and will continue to be for at least the next couple of years.

Why would this have any effect on the Bills locker room. These guys have seen enough games to know its true. I am not as concerned about the seperation Owens gets as much as his stone hands.

Even if his words are 100% true, players don't like to hear that from outsiders, and especially I'm guessing from a teammate's agent.

Even if his words are 100% true, players don't like to hear that from outsiders, and especially I'm guessing from a teammate's agent.

Sounds like they're already hearing it every week from outsiders -- e.g., the defensive squad facing off against them. Thinking about it, it hit me how laughable this offense, particularly the line. Demetrius Bell may well be the worst tackle in the league.

Losing Peters, for whatever the reason, has been devastating for this team and will continue to be for at least the next couple of years.

No Peters is a fat, overrated greedy MF who was just looking for a big payday and look at his stats he is no better than BEll...blah..blah.. BLAH! And Walker is a dough boy who doesn't look the part and is out of shape and couldn't keep up with the no-huddle offense we scrapped..blah blah BLAH!

Like I said in the offseason: for those who bashed J Peters unrelentlessly and over analysized every fricken mistake he made, you must have forgotten the revolving door type we had at the position for years! For those who says he wouldn't have been happy here... SO WHAT???? We had him under contract with 2,3 years left and he had no alternative but to show up and play! Peppers, Ocho Cinco,A Boldin, Brandon Marshall all were unhappy campers with their squadsand wanted to be paid or traded but guess what... they either played or sat at home...guess what they played! And after his contract is up franchise his @$s! The pass protection has not been that bad the past 2 years. The run blocking sucked but our QBs kept taking coverage sack after coverage sack because they couldn't get anybody open. Now they don't have the time to find anybody. Think about where this team would be if we had kept both JP and Walker at tackle and at a minimum resigned Big Pat and London Fletcher...we'd be contenders that's for sure!

...T.O. is clearly not the dominant force he was in the past; he's not a top-ten wideout and doesn't seperate from defenders like he used to....

I disagree 100%. I've watched the same games you have. We have both watched T.O. get seperation down the field countless times. I don't like the few he's dropped, but it seems that has always been a problem with him, despite his Hall of Fame numbers. But what I don't like much more then that, are the times neither Edwards nor Fitz has been able to get the ball down the field to him while he still had steps on the d-back! The man is in amazing physical shape, and he certainly had no trouble "seperating" himself from the Texans D on his TD reverse run, did he?

If Fat Van Pelt has even a pea sized brain, playing behind what I also agree is the worst line in the NFL today, and perhaps one of the very worst in NFL history, he should incorporate many two step drop and throws out to the sidelines or stand up and throw over the middles to both Evans and Owens, beginning with the very first offensive play from scrimmage at the Titans a week from Sunday! If both Rosenhaus and I are convinced Owens still has "seperation speed" and playmaking ability, then Van Pelt should just take a page out of that old Keyshawn Johnson book and "get T.O. the damn ball"! If Edwards is too scared to stand up and throw it, and Fitzy is too inaccurate to throw the ball near him, then Brandon should spend some of the money he saved by cutting Walker and sign Garcia for the second half of the season! Jeff could come in, shake hands with the diva, and they could make something special happen for 8 games - if I remember correctly that was all we got out of Drew Bledsoe's 3 years in Buffalo anyway!!

number one, coaching.

Agreed there.

There are quite a few Bills players who are less than thrilled with their coach. Word gets around in a small town.

The bottom line is Jauron.

Who decided to cut Walker after moving him to LT? Who decided to retain Schonert this off-season, then can him a few days before the season opener? Who was hell-bent on running the no-huddle? Who wanted a "pop warner offense?"

It all comes back to the head man and his lack of knowledge when it comes to offense and overall leadership.

He listed the reasons in importance #1) Coaching #2) QB Play

The O-line is a distant 3rd in problems on the Bills. I agree with him.

Hard to say it is a distant third - Absolutely agree that coaching is a joke so it is issue 1A but I would say the line is issue 1B.

TO is trying to remake his image for another high$ contract .he needs numbers to do it..

Rosenhaus is seemingly angling to excuse T O's " catching " .problem (how many drops so far?)... if he pisses off the Bills TO may get cut allowing him to join a team in need still.. TO then is just a innocent guy,,,, if ROSY talks .

all politics based on cash!

Oh my God stop the presses--our problems are now clearly identified thanks to Mucho Dropo's agent. What tremendous insight, what wonderful analysis. Dick Jauron Sucks, The QBs Suck and the O-line sucks.

One more newsflash blowhard -- if your client could catch he would have at least 2 more TD's and about 200 more yards and be on his way to serviceable year and the Bills might have another win.

Shut up Drew. Outside criticism not needed -- we do plenty of it on our own.

But the players LOVE their coach!!!!

Hey, what's not to love? Easy cupcake workouts, lots of breaks and free time, the paychecks keep on rolling win or lose and no one really cares. Hey, sounds like a frick'n country club if ever there was one. Sweet deal for the players. No wonder they are always found laughing and joking after dismal losses. Winning is totally secondary to this unit - winning is just not in the make-up of the organizational culture and no one seems to care from top-to-bottom. Sweet deal alright for the players.

What we already know...

Pro Football Talk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-in-the-league/

Rosenhaus says Bills line "potentially worst in the league"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 6, 2009 2:40 PM ET

There are many reasons for Terrell Owens' miserable season in Buffalo. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is happy to give them to you. Ta

"It's incredible frustrating and I think you can basically pin it to three things," Rosenhaus told Joe Rose on WQAM this week. "Number one, coaching. Number two, quarterback play. Trent Edwards has been a disappointment this year, then he got injured and they brought in a backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Neither guy has played well."

Rosenhaus seemed to be warming up to what he sees as the biggest issue in Buffalo.

"The offensive line, I believe, is potentially the worst in the NFL. Especially at the tackle position, they got rid of almost every starter from last year, banked on revamping it . . . It's absolutely shocking how that offensive line play has prohibited them from being an effective offense."

thats all fine and dandy but TO has also dropped A LOT OF BALLS too.

He listed the reasons in importance #1) Coaching #2) QB Play

The O-line is a distant 3rd in problems on the Bills. I agree with him.

I would put management as #1 and back the rest up one spot. I think I would put OLine #2, Coach #3, and I'm really not sure I can judge Edwards yet based on the revolving door OC position. Persistent crappy OLine and of course, the scared coaching of Dick.

I would put management as #1 and back the rest up one spot. I think I would put OLine #2, Coach #3, and I'm really not sure I can judge Edwards yet based on the revolving door OC position. Persistent crappy OLine and of course, the scared coaching of Dick.

Management is the origin of all this team's problems. The owner's handpicked people are nowhere near being average NFL talent or coaching evaluators. Ironic amid all of this remains their reliance on people selected by Donahoe to manage personnel for a GM untrained to build or maintain a football team.

It comes as little surprise that marketing man Brandon is unable to craft a winner, let alone have the power to fire the HC I suspect he wanted gone after last year.

I'm petty sure at least some players if not several, hear it right here.

No matter how they sugar coat it, everyone on the team knows how awful a coach DJ is there is just no escaping it.