Petition to bench Larry Johnson for using "fag"

John Adams

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think before you post. Is that difficult for you?

Everyone has every right to say what they want. But they also should deal with the repercussions for what they say. Quite simple, for those with an objective brain. There is no law prohibiting anyone from being a bigot, nor should there be. Doesn't take much of a brain to deal with that logic.

Think for a second before you start calling people a commie or a nazi. Please, attempt to understand what free speech and accountability for your words really mean.

You do realize you called me a nazi and communist, right? You know, the people who murdered jews, and the government (stalin) who committed mass genocide. You do realize how !@#$ing retarded your analogy is, right? The foolishness of associating someone who advocates free speech and personal responsibility for that speech with those who restrict it and commit murder because of their others beliefs? Please tell me you aren't that narrow and stupid.

It is quite simple. Say what you want, and deal with the reprocussions. Man up, in other words. If Larry Johnson was a real man, he'd own his hate and what he said about gay people.

I believe in brevity. We've been chatting for years, todd. Wouldn't a simple "FY, and the horse your rode in on!" suffice?

:cry:

I blame this mockery of a thread on Perez Hilton., the ACLU, and Bill Belicheck. Not necessarily in that order.

Yeah, I know, first racial jokes are off limits, then misogyny, its really getting so a guy with the sense of humor of a cretin just can't get a laugh anymore. Aaaah, for those halcyon days of yester year when a good pollack joke made you the king of the kegger. Good times. Whatever happened to that America?

In my day if someone called someone else a fag it was settled between the two people. I reall cant stand PC :wallbash:

Fans in KC are petitioning to bench Johnson for using "fag" and generally being a PIA--the urgency of the benching is that he's about to become the team's all-time leading rusher passing Priest Holmes. Seems foolish but at least some fans are trying to hold their team accountable.

Too bad more fans like this aren't in Buffalo petitioning to remove a double-murdering woman-beater from the Wall. A friend of mine went to a game this season and was floored to see OJ's name still up. He mocked every fan around him for that blight, and of course, no one had anything to say.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4622503

Waiting for the hollow "It's for what he did on the field" arguments.

You do realize how !@#$ing retarded your analogy is, right?

So, they gays are off-limits, but the retards are fair game? :wallbash:

It's nice to know you honor the sensitivities of one group, yet totally dismiss the sensitivities of the other. Your post only serves to show how ridiculous the word police really are...

Fans in KC are petitioning to bench Johnson for using "fag" and generally being a PIA--the urgency of the benching is that he's about to become the team's all-time leading rusher passing Priest Holmes. Seems foolish but at least some fans are trying to hold their team accountable.

Too bad more fans like this aren't in Buffalo petitioning to remove a double-murdering woman-beater from the Wall. A friend of mine went to a game this season and was floored to see OJ's name still up. He mocked every fan around him for that blight, and of course, no one had anything to say.

Isnt there freedom of Speech here....Chiefs fans...what a bunch of fags.

Guest dog14787
So, they gays are off-limits, but the retards are fair game? :wallbash:

It's nice to know you honor the sensitivities of one group, yet totally dismiss the sensitivities of the other. Your post only serves to show how ridiculous the word police really are...

Yup, we should leave the Bills FO out of it...

It's kind of pathetic to ban a player for the use of a word. The league is full of violent criminals including Johnson himself.

On the otherhand it's doubly foolish to honor a murderer in any fashion.

Wilson or someone in the front office will have to remove OJ from the wall. I don't think any Bills fan is okay with him on the wall. At the Tampa game the Bills named their all time top 50 players. Thurman was the only RB named to the team.

Glad to see you've come out of the closet. Now if you could just get rid of that chip on your shoulder...

Ohh boo hoo... and your friend mocking Bills fans around him shows the level of class involved. Why would anyone do that when it is a management decision? Sounds really childish and stupid to me... the guy got 2,000+ yards in a 14 game season, and I don't see the Pro Football Hall of Fame removing all traces from Canton, either. I guess the whole league disagrees with you, not just the Bills. Nice try.

Yeah, I know, first racial jokes are off limits, then misogyny, its really getting so a guy with the sense of humor of a cretin just can't get a laugh anymore. Aaaah, for those halcyon days of yester year when a good pollack joke made you the king of the kegger. Good times. Whatever happened to that America?

Mainstream.

<sigh...> so this has been going on for 5 pages, eh? i knew their would be plenty of people here willing to stand up for bigotry. i know he has the "right" to express himself as a bigoted a-hole, but it's up the chiefs to decide what their values are as an organization. if they don't want their players expressing bigotry in public they should sit them down. any employer has the same right.

every time a thread like this pops up, the only thing it proves is that homophobia is still a socially acceptable form of bigotry for most. i hoped i would live to see the day that would no longer be true...but in a country where the dolchstoss right still have their hand around the throat of the mass media, i don't have much hope.

<sigh...> so this has been going on for 5 pages, eh? i knew their would be plenty of people here willing to stand up for bigotry. i know he has the "right" to express himself as a bigoted a-hole, but it's up the chiefs to decide what their values are as an organization. if they don't want their players expressing bigotry in public they should sit them down. any employer has the same right.

every time a thread like this pops up, the only thing it proves is that homophobia is still a socially acceptable form of bigotry for most. i hoped i would live to see the day that would no longer be true...but in a country where the dolchstoss right still have their hand around the throat of the mass media, i don't have much hope.

Well, when you have shows that use terms like queer, fag, and the like produced and/or created by gay people, then what do you expect?? I'm sorry, but just as in the N word, if you throw it around in your community, then don't get upset when someone uses it.