Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is: those are still very tough games remaining before the Big East tournament and Syracuse could drop any of them.

Of course, those games are all loseable. I thought Marquette (who has lost a ridiculous # of close games in the last year) was a game they could lose until seeing them lose to Depaul. Still will be a battle if they don't play well.

Man I am pretty jacked about this team. The ultimate goal is of course an '03 result, but the ride up to this point is for me the most fun ever. I was like 10yrs old the last time they even had a chance at a #1 seed this late in the season ('91?).

edit: 2000 I think we had a similar start, but they played a much softer schedule & I never remember thinking that team was that good.

great game tonight....started off a bit sketchy, but they put it together and really looked strong...still make some 'dumb' mistakes and AO really needs to make those inside shots, but all in all this was a powerful statement and a huge win against another highly rated team :P

The game started with Georgetown punching the Cuse in the mouth, spilling a little blood. Like in the movies SU touched their hand to their mouth, looked at it, saw the blood, tasted it, and smiled.

Then commenced the ass whuppin.

Syracuse is to Rocky as Georgetown is to Apollo Creed.

While it's hard to find fault in a 20 point beatdown of the Hoyas, one has to think the missed layups and turnovers are going to be costly at some point this season.

Missed lay-ups by some, not all; I love how Joseph finishes around the rim.

My one hope is that they work Mookie in more; we need another outside shooter, esp. when Rautins goes cold. If Mookie can play defense some of the time, he can be that guy.

Missed lay-ups by some, not all; I love how Joseph finishes around the rim.

My one hope is that they work Mookie in more; we need another outside shooter, esp. when Rautins goes cold. If Mookie can play defense some of the time, he can be that guy.

I think Joseph has real serious potential. He is really coming into his own as a sophomore no less. I think they have enough shooting; Triche, Jaurdine, Johnson and even Joseph can stroke it.

Kentucky upset by South Carolina. Cuse should be movin on up to number 3 next monday
Or #2 if Kansas loses @Kansas St. Saturday.

Even so, Cuse is probably going to lose another game or two in conference. Just too hard to win all your conference games (I know they already lost one).

Even so, Cuse is probably going to lose another game or two in conference. Just too hard to win all your conference games (I know they already lost one).

Well yah, who expects them to run the table? 17-1 in the toughest conference is hard to do.

For the purposes of next week's rankings though, I'll walk to Chicago if they lose to Depaul.