Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Knight was quite impressed with last night's performance.

Knight was calling the Ohio St. vs Cal game tonight and when asked about the Cuse/UNC game, he said that he'd be surprised if Cuse lost the game versus UNC.

Cuse is as athletic of a college team that I have ever seen, and after seeing teams like Nova, G-Town, (haven't seen Louisville, WVU, or UCONN), but this team should win the Big East and get a #1 seed come March.

Congrats on a big win tonight, and after tonights game, they should easily be ranked in the top 10 and they have an extremely easy schedule. Their next opponent that is a formidable force is @FLA on Dec. 10th.

Two questions:

Anyone else think Wes Johnson is one and done?

Where are the Cuse going to be ranked?

I think they will be lower than most people think.

Yeah, I think Johnson is a goner. Too bad, because he's a special player.

Not sure what to think regarding the ranking. On the merits, I could see them around 8-9, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the mid-teens.

The most unbelievable thing is that Boeheim is able to get these all American talent to come to freaking syracuse year after year

Why is that so unbelievable? Granted Syracuse is not paradise & the winters are rough there but the Cuse plays in the premier basketball conference in the country(sorry ACC fans but it is true), get to play at Madison Square Garden a few times a year, play in front of the largest crowds in the country & the northeast(particularly NY State) as opposed to football is a pretty good hotbed for basketball talent.

Have you ever been to Durham, NC? Talk about a sh*thole, but coach K does alright there too.

Why is that so unbelievable? Granted Syracuse is not paradise & the winters are rough there but the Cuse plays in the premier basketball conference in the country(sorry ACC fans but it is true), get to play at Madison Square Garden a few times a year, play in front of the largest crowds in the country & the northeast(particularly NY State) as opposed to football is a pretty good hotbed for basketball talent.

Have you ever been to Durham, NC? Talk about a sh*thole, but coach K does alright there too.

Seriously. What about Norman OK, E. Lansing Mich, Storrs CT, and pretty much every college town.

Boo @ inferiority complex.

didn't realize that happened until you mentioned it..not much info in the syracuse paper other than the fact that it happened....on a related side note...the article said that

...SU’s coordinator of player development Lazarus Sims...
, it really says alot how so many former players are still actively involved with the university and program...even those former players that show up to watch the games(ie...DC)

Nice win yesterday. We're very balanced when you git guys like Joseph and Triche carrying the offensive load.

Anyone here about Mookie storming out? Seems like we always have one of these malcontents every year.