Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

i hate complaining about ref's but they were horrendous...calling ticky tack fouls up top...ignoring some serious bumping on both sides(save for one moving pick call) and they were banging away inside...how is a team to know how to play when the refs are that inconsistent....or bad....granted, butler shadowed Wes and Andy big time.....CRAP!!! CRAP!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Turnover machine.

This one reminded me of the Vermont loss. Played sloppy, let a far inferior team stick around, and blow it at the end.

Very frustrating loss. Oh, and didn't help that the officiating was horrid.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was lost when they had a 3 point lead with a little over 3 minutes remaining. Syracuse was inbounding underneath their own basket and they turned it over. Butler converted that turnover into a 3-point basket. Ensuing possession, Rautins turned the ball over on the baseline expecting a foul to be called. Butler scored another basket to take the lead and never looked back from there.

watching the cornell game....do they put down a completely different surface???? if i didnt know it was in syracuse, i would never know it was the domw

I believe so, I don't think they'd want to paint the SU court for just three games. I noticed too every teams practice uniforms have the same design also.

Pooj, side note, the SU Women are still in the NIT, they play Friday night at Manley.

watching the cornell game....do they put down a completely different surface???? if i didnt know it was in syracuse, i would never know it was the domw

NCAA supplies the court to all arenas, so that there's a "standard" look to the games. Personally, I don't like it...I think it's nice to look at the court and recognize the arena.

The Nazi NCAA also makes arenas cover all advertising, and take down all championship banners from the pro teams who call the arena home. What a joke. Say some fan from Texas travels to Boston to see UT play...It would probably be pretty cool to look up and see all of those Celtics and Bruins banners...Not so, says the NCAA...

The game was lost when they had a 3 point lead with a little over 3 minutes remaining. Syracuse was inbounding underneath their own basket and they turned it over. Butler converted that turnover into a 3-point basket. Ensuing possession, Rautins turned the ball over on the baseline expecting a foul to be called. Butler scored another basket to take the lead and never looked back from there.

In my view, the no call on the Rautins turnover was the play of the game. You've got to call that.

Here's an uncalled-for piece of journalism... :rolleyes:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball...lines;headlines

It may be uncalled for but it's absolutely true. When I saw the AO injury I thought he'd blew out his knee. When I found out it was his quad I knew he was done. They guy was writhing in agony on the floor and couldn't walk. He didn't just pull that muscle he must have tore it badly.

There was NO WAY he was playing in this tournament and Jimmy B played poker and bluffed his way to a number 1 seed. I'm not blaming him for doing that but it was very Bellichekian in nature.

It may be uncalled for but it's absolutely true. When I saw the AO injury I thought he'd blew out his knee. When I found out it was his quad I knew he was done. They guy was writhing in agony on the floor and couldn't walk. He didn't just pull that muscle he must have tore it badly.

There was NO WAY he was playing in this tournament and Jimmy B played poker and bluffed his way to a number 1 seed. I'm not blaming him for doing that but it was very Bellichekian in nature.

Ah - thanks for the info. So it was more than Brady's year in and year out "sore shoulder"...

I just don't see why it matters. #1 seed, #2 seed, who cares??? They made it to the Sweet 16 and played #5 seeded Butler as a #1 seed. If they were #2 in that region, they would've played #6 seed Xavier. Regardless, if you are 27-4 in the regular season, your goal is to win a national championship. No matter where you're seeded, you're going to have to beat 4 or 5 very good teams. That's why this tournament is great...Unlike football, it's actually settled on the court, not in a voting booth.

In general, the seeds matter less than they ever have. Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and Syracuse were all in the top-5 for the majority of the year. They earned their place as the best regular season teams. Beyond that top group, there is very little difference between the #2's and the #9's. Overall, the committee does pretty well with a very difficult task.

Syracuse lost because they took bad shots and had 65 turnovers, not because their big man wasn't in there.

This article is just a media blowhard who needed to turn something in to his editor.

I thought the game was lost when they put Jackson back in at the end. Every time he came out they played better. I understand the desire to have your biggest guy in there, but I cringed when he came back in the game.

This is what I wrote last night in the thread titled Jim Boeheim:

The thing that bugs me about the AO injury is that either Boeheim lied to the committee (the same guys he's been trying to tell to expand to 96 teams) by saying AO would practice the day after Selection Sunday, or AO has no heart and should have gave it a go........It was one or the other or both.

This writer is definitely telling the truth.

i may be among the minority, or perhaps I am simply agreeing because its my team involved, but to me it's all part of the gamesmanship...don't tip your hand to your opponent and make them prepare for the unknown...now if there are rules that were violated, thats another story, but I feel the same way about the NFL...even if its NE....

This is what I wrote last night in the thread titled Jim Boeheim:

The thing that bugs me about the AO injury is that either Boeheim lied to the committee (the same guys he's been trying to tell to expand to 96 teams) by saying AO would practice the day after Selection Sunday, or AO has no heart and should have gave it a go........It was one or the other or both.

This writer is definitely telling the truth.

i may be among the minority, or perhaps I am simply agreeing because its my team involved, but to me it's all part of the gamesmanship...don't tip your hand to your opponent and make them prepare for the unknown...now if there are rules that were violated, thats another story, but I feel the same way about the NFL...even if its NE....

My problem is the outright lying. I wouldn't have a problem if they said it's day to day, not quite sure when he'll be back. But, they said he's fine, he'll practice Monday. And, his mother doth protest too much, looking back on it......I feel cheated as a fan, to be lied to, for some reason, and it was blatantly lying to the committee.......There's gamesmanship and there's cheating/lying.