Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

The game started with Georgetown punching the Cuse in the mouth, spilling a little blood. Like in the movies SU touched their hand to their mouth, looked at it, saw the blood, tasted it, and smiled.

Then commenced the ass whuppin.

What impressed me was Boehiem's comments after the game. All season he's been saying they're not that good -perhaps alluding to all the lost talent from last season, with a dash of challenge to his young charges. In the post game inteview, he extolled them for the first time, calling their comeback and performance -in effect- 'outstanding, powerful and decisive. If they continue to put up this type of effort they will be tough to beat anywhere'.

Strong words from a coach who typically doesn't hard sell his team. Makes me think he believes. If he does, it's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

P.S. Love your avatar! "..They'll be waiting for there, Senator.."

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What impressed me was Boehiem's comments after the game. All season he's been saying they're not that good -perhaps alluding to all the lost talent from last season, with a dash of challenge to his young charges.

I could be wrong but I thought I heard Boeheim laud his team with praise, telling analysts this years team is better than last years on several occassions. I believe you are referring to his post game comments, which are always somewhat negative of his team.

my god this team is gonna kill me......they cannot continue to play like this...down 18 early....where was AO today? did they leave him in syracuse? thank god this goes in the books as a 'W' and it counts as much as the other 20 'W's'. Johnson really needs to show that he can carry this team, but he plays way to unselfish and almost disappears...but when he plays....WOW

my god this team is gonna kill me......they cannot continue to play like this...down 18 early....where was AO today? did they leave him in syracuse? thank god this goes in the books as a 'W' and it counts as much as the other 20 'W's'. Johnson really needs to show that he can carry this team, but he plays way to unselfish and almost disappears...but when he plays....WOW

Giving up these early leads is a little concerning, but damn it's nice to be down 18 and still be able to sit there and know they'll come back.

Now let's go Vandy and Kansas St!

Edit: Oh yeah, and SUCK IT UCONN!

I just caught the end of the game on justin.tv. Agreed on Wes. Why in the world is Rautins trying to take guys off the dribble when the game is on the line? The lack of a go-to guy will be our undoing. We've been spoiled recently-- had guys lke Melo, G-Mac, Flynn, even Devo who you could give the ball to for the last shot of the game. The closest go-to guy we have on this team is probably Joseph.

I just caught the end of the game on justin.tv. Agreed on Wes. Why in the world is Rautins trying to take guys off the dribble when the game is on the line? The lack of a go-to guy will be our undoing. We've been spoiled recently-- had guys lke Melo, G-Mac, Flynn, even Devo who you could give the ball to for the last shot of the game. The closest go-to guy we have on this team is probably Joseph.

Spoiled by bubble/NIT teams? The lack of go-to guy was why Kansas wasn't supposed to win 2 years ago.

The last possession was bad. Rautins wasn't trying to take anyone off the dribble; he was probably told to take a quick shot so they could have the last possession but the play just took too long. Boeheim should've either called time out sooner or let them play.

Spoiled by bubble/NIT teams? The lack of go-to guy was why Kansas wasn't supposed to win 2 years ago.

The last possession was bad. Rautins wasn't trying to take anyone off the dribble; he was probably told to take a quick shot so they could have the last possession but the play just took too long. Boeheim should've either called time out sooner or let them play.

Good points, but still think you need a player whose going to make the big shot when the game is on the line. WJ hasn't shown that he's that guy....yet.

Hey bro, were you tying up your shoes for your long walk to Chicago??? :)

ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) The way Jim Boeheim saw it, Syracuse had no business winning this one.

Wes Johnson scored 16 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and No. 4 Syracuse rallied from 18 down to beat DePaul 59-57 Saturday afternoon for its eighth straight win.

''Tonight, we played two great minutes,'' Boeheim said. ''Not usually enough to win.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...p#ixzz0e8ci5ymW

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

• 2 weeks later...

i think last night showed who our go to guy was.....without rautins on the floor the team fell apart. also i don't think johnson is 100%, i think he hurt himself pretty good last week...i missed the game due to power outage...want to see the replay of the 'controversial' time out call at the end

Sloppy win last night; still worried that we don't have a go-to guy. But a win's a win...

Sloppy win last night; still worried that we don't have a go-to guy. But a win's a win...

Just wait till they play the Hoyas next Thursday :) . That's my team :thumbsup: , and would love to make some sort of wager with a Cuse fan who is willing.

I hate Nova, just like my sig. states.

does Georgetown still have a basketball program?????? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just wait till they play the Hoyas next Thursday :) . That's my team <_< , and would love to make some sort of wager with a Cuse fan who is willing.

I hate Nova, just like my sig. states.

does Georgetown still have a basketball program?????? <_<:thumbsup:

So what would you like to wager?? I know you can come up with something interesting.

1th grade NCAA Final, party at a buddies house, had lots of party favors, locked myself in his parents bedroom and watched the :) Wildcats upset my Hoya squad. :thumbsup:

What the hell's a Hoya?

Oh well, no matter.

I wager POOJ's first month's salary on the outcome of the game.

I have no idea what a Hoya is, just what Georgetown calls their mascot.

I could pick up my winnings in less than 30 minutes if he's going to be in KOP by next Thursday. :)

Hoya is a genus of 200-300 species of tropical climbing plants in the family Apocynaceae (Dogbane), native to southern Asia (India east to southern China and southward), Australia, and Polynesia. Common names for this genus are waxplant, waxvine, waxflower or simply hoya. ...

let me get paid before i start wagering, or others start using my earnings as wagers.... :)

let me get paid before i start wagering, or others start using my earnings as wagers.... :)

We needn't make a cash wager, something along the lines of displaying the "odd" avatar, or something similar is fine with me. Let's just wager something. I haven't placed a bet of any kind in a long while. Or we could bet 10 euros. :thumbsup: