Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

more proof, to me, that unless he steps it up big time, Wes Johnson isn't gonna have nba teams drooling over him quite yet

Interesting to hear JB's post-game press conference-- he basically said the Bigs need to be more physical, and singled out Wes, RJ, and AO.

Didn't realize it, but Wes had 6'3" Jermaine Dixon on him all game. He needed to back him down and dunk on his head everytime.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great outcome, decent second half. They need to finish around the rim. Arinze and Ricky woul putting up 3 foot bricks. How is that possible? Still, happy they won. Look like a cohesive unit.

Yah Knight was spot on with his "missed points" analysis. Were terrible around the rim against Pitt too - which contrary to all the talk in the Sub-Standard about them dissecting the zone - was the biggest factor in the loss. I mean they shot a million FT's because we had to press with 12 minutes left down 11 because we were on pace to score about 50 points. That's an offense problem, not a zone problem.

I thought watching the Florida game Jackson was too passive in not trying to dunk, but it's harder to say anything when he makes everything and has a career game.

Joeseph continues to impress...

Boeheim's postgame presser was pretty funny.

In other news, Kansas lucky to escape the Big Red at home.

i really like bobby knight calling games, its nice to hear basketball knowledge without the nonsense ala Vitale.

What did Boeheim say in his presser that was so funny?

nice to see Rautins make his presence felt, although he hobbled off the court at the end...

i love it when Scoop is out there leading the attack, he is so dynamic

Yah Knight was spot on with his "missed points" analysis. Were terrible around the rim against Pitt too - which contrary to all the talk in the Sub-Standard about them dissecting the zone - was the biggest factor in the loss. I mean they shot a million FT's because we had to press with 12 minutes left down 11 because we were on pace to score about 50 points. That's an offense problem, not a zone problem.

I thought watching the Florida game Jackson was too passive in not trying to dunk, but it's harder to say anything when he makes everything and has a career game.

Joeseph continues to impress...

Boeheim's postgame presser was pretty funny.

In other news, Kansas lucky to escape the Big Red at home.

nice to see Rautins make his presence felt, although he hobbled off the court at the end...

i love it when Scoop is out there leading the attack, he is so dynamic

Looked like Rautins was cramping up -- hopefully, that's all it was.

Not really sure why Scoop saw so little PT in the 2nd half. He was far better than Triche in the 1st half

boeheim said in his PC that he started to see Triche playing well after a few games where he wasn't and he wanted to keep him in the groove, he admitted that Jardine would have been in there more if it wasnt for this reason.....his PC is on Syracuse.com, its a pretty good listen

Looked like Rautins was cramping up -- hopefully, that's all it was.

Not really sure why Scoop saw so little PT in the 2nd half. He was far better than Triche in the 1st half

• 2 weeks later...
solid, solid W @ WVU

Need to cut down on the turnovers, though.

The last 1:40 was far more tension-filled than it needed to be.

Seriously. After going up by 10 with under 2 to play, I thought that it was easy victory from there. But one thing that has been perpetual with a Boeheim coached team is the fact that they cannot shoot free throws.

It was a guard dominated game with the big guys coming up with some shots when needed, but I didn't see the same energy that I have seen in games past. Maybe a lot of it had to do with the fact that Wes Johnson was under the weather.

A win is a win none the less and to do it in a volatile environment is key, especially in conference.

Pretty awesome win. That was the toughest game left on the schedule. Onuaku (still can't spell his name) seems to be regressing. But I was wrong about Joseph and Trische stepped up nicely. If not for all of WVU's ridiculous Dukesque flops and late 3's this is a double digit win.

The great shooting by Rautins in the first half allowed the Orange to work the ball underneath a lot in the 2nd half. Onuaku was a force because Rautins and Triche were both able to penetrate and make some great passes. Onuaku was also surprisingly good at the free throw line.

Rafferty said that there were 26 scouts in attendance at last night's game which was the most in Joyce Center Fieldhouse history and Rafferty mentioned that a number of them were there to see the expecteds (Wes Johnson, who is a potential lottery pick, and Luke Harangody), but a number of them were saying how impressive Triche looks as a true freshman.

The future looks bright for Syracuse basketball with the emergence of Triche (Fr.) and Kris Joseph (So.) and with the great recruiting class they have coming in next year with Fabricio Melo (a 7 ft center ranked #20 as far as HS recruits are concerned), Baye Moussa Keita (a 6'11" center), C.J. Fair (a 6'7" small forward), and the most promising recruit of them all, Dion Waiters (a 6'4" shooting guard who is the #14 ranked high schooler in the nation).

They're only going to get stronger as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe the mark of a good team, but for the majority of the game I thought they looked pedestrian. Even so, everytime I looked at the score they were up by 5-10 points.

I don't think I've ever been less worried with a 2pt lead in the 2nd half. We were just so much better. Nice road trip.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe the mark of a good team, but for the majority of the game I thought they looked pedestrian. Even so, everytime I looked at the score they were up by 5-10 points.

This is starting to get really exciting. I called it in the beginning of this thread that they were going to be fine & tough out in March. They are better & alot quicker then I even thought they were going to be. I seriously think they have a realistic chance to get to the final four & then who knows. I watch alot of college basketball & there are really no dominant teams(like NC was last year) out there this year. I suppose Kansas is probably the closest thing right now. It is wide open & Syracuse has just as good of shot as any team imo.

still trying to figure out the severity of that Rautins foul on Tory Jackson(?). The camera angles made it look like it was a good shot to the chin, and that wasn't your everyday 'fake flop', he went down as if he was out cold from the start...yet the way Rautins looked at the ref almost immediately made it seem that it may have not even made contact....i really want to know how bad that hit was....regardless, Rautins cannot swing elbows like that....

I am really enjoying Rautins' swagger this year...he is one tough hombre

still trying to figure out the severity of that Rautins foul on Tory Jackson(?).

They showed that replay 50 times, everytime my brother and I laughed harder. Looked like he clocked him but unless you're the elbowee or elbower, we can only go by what they say.

regardless, Rautins cannot swing elbows like that....

I am really enjoying Rautins' swagger this year...he is one tough hombre

Those go hand in hand.

Nothing wrong with the elbow, might give him a bit more space down the road.

As you & inky have said it's difficult/impossible to determine how severe the impact was...but, the kid made his 2 free throws and stayed in the game so I'm guessing not so severe.