Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

Yeah, it is. If I heard correctly this morning this is also the first time a Syracuse team has had two winning streaks of at least 11 games in the same season.

Correct....

Mike's Mailbag

Has SU ever had multiple 10-plus game win streaks in the same season before? — Tom T.

Syracuse won its first 13 games this season, lost to Pittsburgh and has won its 10 most recent games. That’s two separate win streaks of at least 10 games each. I had to go way back to find an answer to Tom’s question. Way back. I mean way back. So far back, as a matter of fact, that it’s never happened before. In the 100-year plus history of Syracuse basketball, there’s never been a year in which the Orange put together two separate win streaks of at least 10 games.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh--poor effort today.

Now we know what kind of teams Syracuse will struggle against-- scrappy, physical pests, like L'ville and Pitt.

Not a great team effort.

Johnson 5-20, Triche 0-4...the rest of the team shot 19-34. I'd be tempted to sit down Johnson for a game or two if that's what it's going to take to get him back on his game.

Not a great team effort.

Johnson 5-20, Triche 0-4...the rest of the team shot 19-34. I'd be tempted to sit down Johnson for a game or two if that's what it's going to take to get him back on his game.

I'm kind of wondering what's going on with Triche. His playing time has been scaled back and he has struggled to find his role lately. I hope he figures it out because his play is going to be vital for them. I feel the same way about Jardine. I feel pretty good about Jimmy getting Johnson back on track.

I'm kind of wondering what's going on with Triche. His playing time has been scaled back and he has struggled to find his role lately. I hope he figures it out because his play is going to be vital for them. I feel the same way about Jardine. I feel pretty good about Jimmy getting Johnson back on track.

Agreed. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that Wes has the sort of injury that doesn't get worse by playing with it. But it's really discouraging that they haven't played well since the G'town game other than the 2nd half of Providence. I don't understand why Trische barely played at all in the 2nd half.

Interview with Jim Boeheim;

JB: (excerpted) So if they did expand where you had a first round where say 32 teams get by and the next 64 played you would end up with 64 of the best teams. Right now you don't really have that. You have some teams that slip in because of the first round that aren't in the top 64 teams in the country. But I think if you do it one weekend and you'd be down to 64 teams, it would be an expansion that covered everybody. Those people that say the 97th team would be upset, I don't think so because their record would be like 17-16, so I think now you have teams 23-8, 22-8, 21-9 that are going to be out of the Tournament.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatric...p#ixzz0fsm5mJul

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

its a win, and it was against georgetown....thats really all that matters.....isn't it??????????

oh and a sweep, by the way

I think so. The most stressful reg. season game in a long time. My heart almost exploded.

Big win that puts us in much better position for a 1 seed. Kentucky has their toughest road game all year tomorrow - Vanderbilt. :doh: Good chance they lose if the refs don't give it to them again like the other night. Nova is @Pitt Sunday as well.

I think so. The most stressful reg. season game in a long time. My heart almost exploded.

Big win that puts us in much better position for a 1 seed. Kentucky has their toughest road game all year tomorrow - Vanderbilt. :doh: Good chance they lose if the refs don't give it to them again like the other night. Nova is @Pitt Sunday as well.

How about Joseph in the clutch? Or the great FT shooting by the Orange? Some really nice moments last night.

You knew G-Town was going to storm back--but we made the plays at the end when it mattered.

How about Joseph in the clutch? Or the great FT shooting by the Orange? Some really nice moments last night.

You knew G-Town was going to storm back--but we made the plays at the end when it mattered.

I knew they were going to cut the 23pt lead to 8 or 10. I didn't know they were going to have a chance to win the freaking game with an open 3. I'll take it though.

Providence couldn't miss a 3 last night in the first half. Pretty obvious that was their philosophy entering the game. All the practices the past few days must have been 3 point clinics. Glad to see da Cuse get a little more aggressive on d in the 2nd and get them out of their rhythm behind the arc. Kudos to Providence though, they were scrappy and did a good job changing tactics and getting inside when the 3s stopped falling. Too much Rautins and Jackson for them to overcome.

The Nova game is going to be rockin' this Saturday!

Providence couldn't miss a 3 last night in the first half. Pretty obvious that was their philosophy entering the game. All the practices the past few days must have been 3 point clinics. Glad to see da Cuse get a little more aggressive on d in the 2nd and get them out of their rhythm behind the arc. Kudos to Providence though, they were scrappy and did a good job changing tactics and getting inside when the 3s stopped falling. Too much Rautins and Jackson for them to overcome.

The Nova game is going to be rockin' this Saturday!

I had same reaction as you. For some reason, I really like that Providence team and like to see them play well. If they were in another conference, they could be a tourney team.

That said, great job by the Cuse clamping down and going on an offensive clinic in the second half.