Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

Great win last night for the #1 team in the country. Seniors on senior night bringing their 'A' games. Rautins his usual solid self and Onuaku was an absolute beast in the paint. It's been a joy watching them play over their careers. Great way to end it by hoisting the Big East Regular Season Champions trophy.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win last night for the #1 team in the country. Seniors on senior night bringing their 'A' games. Rautins his usual solid self and Onuaku was an absolute beast in the paint. It's been a joy watching them play over their careers. Great way to end it by hoisting the Big East Regular Season Champions trophy.

How sweet is it to see "#1 Syracuse" on the ESPN ticker, and get the lead story on Sportscenter!!

Did you hear JB pushing Rautins for BE player of the year?

i really hate that they lost that game yesterday, but i felt that winning the game was more important to the fans than it was to the team...they already had the bye for the tourney, so this game was an opportunity to get in a bit of a work out but not risk any injuries..the #1 ranking was a badge of honor for us fans and thats about it...now lets take down NYC!!!!

i really hate that they lost that game yesterday, but i felt that winning the game was more important to the fans than it was to the team...they already had the bye for the tourney, so this game was an opportunity to get in a bit of a work out but not risk any injuries..the #1 ranking was a badge of honor for us fans and thats about it...now lets take down NYC!!!!

Anything less than a championship is gonna have the idiotic Boeheim sucks crowd coming out of the woodwork. :lol:

louisville is a touch match-up for us frankly; their big guys pass well, they have 3-4 guys who can hit the 3, and they play dogged man defense. The last point is the most crucial, IMO; in both games, they shut Rautins down. If Rauins is on in those games, we win them both. Oh, well. Hope we can another shot at them in the BET.

..the #1 ranking was a badge of honor for us fans and thats about it...

I never wanted the ranking. It leads to inflated ego's and headline reading. The team is good but I think a lot of their energy early in the season stemmed from a lack of respect nationally. Of course, they haven't lost many since their escalation into the top ranks but I'm always leery of my favorite teams receiving too much praise.

I like this SU team more than any I can remember. Scoop seems like the only semi-non-likeable player. He's got a little thug in him not to mention Devendorf-like decision making at times. The team as a whole seems like a good group of guys that really like playing for/with one another. Here's to hoping they make a serious NCAA Tournament run!!!

terrible game by the orange, terrible game by the officials on both sides, great game by georgetown. reports are that AO's x-ray is negative his mother says he will be ready for the tourney. lets hope the mri confirms that....that could be devastating.....should keep #1 seed and have 2 extra days of rest

Most likely Trische. Seriously.

You're probably right. I wonder if going small might not be a terrible thing. Perhaps get Mookie some touches, and gain another scoring threat.

The biggest concern is simply fouls. Maybe Riley can come in and give us the extra 5 fouls per game. We can't afford to have RJ get in foul trouble.

I guess the backline is now Joseph and Wes on the wings, with RJ in the middle.

AO is day-to-day with a quad injury

Good news, I guess, but I'm still a little skeptical given how much pain he was in. I hope we play Friday and Sunday on the first week, and they rest him at least until the second round, maybe even until the sweet 16.

I heard Joseph got an MRI on his tweaked knee--but he's been fine even with the knee bothering him.

Getting bounced early in the BET and being able to get healthy again might have been a blessing in disguise.