4th round pick for Quinn

saundena

So we all know that Trent is probably not the QB of the future. Maybe he stays in Buffalo as a backup or maybe he leaves- whatever. . . . What would you think about trading for Brady Quinn with a 4th round pick. The upside is that you know what you would be getting- A QB that has potential but certainy one that needs work. Now, lets also assume that Ralph fires Jauron and hires somone like Gruden (who can develop a QB). Maybe then could it be a good idea to consider a trade like this? I have to think that Quinn, Gruden and an Oline that has played together for a season would certainly be better than the offensive offense that we have now.

My fear is that we draft a QB who is either a 1st round bust or another 3rd disapointment like Edwards was. If we had smart people in our front office, then I would say draft a 1st rounder, but I don't think the Bills can risk spending millions on a bust.

What do you think. . . .

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So we all know that Trent is probably not the QB of the future. Maybe he stays in Buffalo as a backup or maybe he leaves- whatever. . . . What would you think about trading for Brady Quinn with a 4th round pick. The upside is that you know what you would be getting- A QB that has potential but certainy one that needs work. Now, lets also assume that Ralph fires Jauron and hires somone like Gruden (who can develop a QB). Maybe then could it be a good idea to consider a trade like this? I have to think that Quinn, Gruden and an Oline that has played together for a season would certainly be better than the offensive offense that we have now.

My fear is that we draft a QB who is either a 1st round bust or another 3rd disapointment like Edwards was. If we had smart people in our front office, then I would say draft a 1st rounder, but I don't think the Bills can risk spending millions on a bust.

What do you think. . . .

brilliant idea...trade one loser QB for another

What do you think. . . .

Jeff Garcia, draft some dt, ot, lb next year and then get a qb draft after that.

What do you think. . . .

I dont mind the Bills bringing in another qb, but there is NO WAY that the browns take a 4th for brady quinn. Especially since they traded up, back into the 1st rd to get him. Sounds like something the Bills would do. Trade up for a 1st rd pick and then move him 2 years later for a 4th. Just does nt make sense, right?

What do you think. . . .

I think you need a reality check on every level

Quinn for a 4th round pick...do you really think Cleveland would do this?

Gruden as Bills head coach? do you actually think Ralph is going to pay him what it would take plus pay Jauron the remaining years on his contract

people really need to stop assuming the Bills are going to hire someone like Gruden because it simply isnt going to happen

Well giving up a 4th for Quinn would have to be the move you would make if you weren't confident in the QB's of the upcoming draft. Quinn is a interesting guy to me if you don't want to draft a guy round 1 then grabbing a guy like Quinn might be the way to go.

If Quinn were the way you wanted to go I say sign a vet like Pennington and sit Quinn for a year let him get the system for a year While Pennington take the lumps. Go LT round 1 and then grab a OLB round 2 then draft some depth the rest of the way.

Also it would help to get some depth in free agency.

What do you think. . . .

I think the asking price will be a 2nd and a 7th or something close to that. and that would be too much for a team with this many needs, A 4th would be awesome but it wont happen.

i would do this in a heartbeat. No one in the draft is better than Quinn and no other QB that will be in FA is either. The Bills should do this. He's not a loser. He has raw talent.

I like Quinn. Has a bit of an attitude and a Thurman Thomas type chip on his

shoulder (thought he should have been drafted earlier).

The Bills should do this? Which Bills? The DJ Bills? No way. DJ and crew can't even

get Owens the ball, how do you expect them to mold "raw talent" like Quinn into a

NFL QB? Now, if we get an actual NFL quality coach, I'd say why not, although no way

you get him for a 4th rounder.

I really do think the Browns want him gone, or at least I did until this week. I have no idea who is actually running things now in Cleveland. I think a 3rd or 4th would have had the trade done. Quinn has some contract escalators which is why some suspect Mangini isn't playing him. I don't think he'll be in Cleveland by draft day.

I really do think the Browns want him gone, or at least I did until this week. I have no idea who is actually running things now in Cleveland. I think a 3rd or 4th would have had the trade done. Quinn has some contract escalators which is why some suspect Mangini isn't playing him. I don't think he'll be in Cleveland by draft day.

Which one? Mangini or Quinn?

For some people the hype never dies. Quinn was some hotshot Notre Dame kid who has done jack squat in the NFL, just like every Bills QB since Kelly. Yet some people still have stars in their eyes for Kiper's annointed ones. If you want to know how Quinn would look as a Bill, just watch his work in Cleveland, then add in our O-line which is even worse.

PTR