Microwave Popcorn

Chef Jim

Does anyone eat this ****? I work late every Monday and have been too busy lately to get out for dinner. We have microwave popcorn here in the office so I've tried it a few times. Holy crap is that stuff awful. I eat popcorn at home a lot but I pop my own and it's not like it takes forever. If you eat microwave popcorn my question it...........why?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone eat this ****? I work late every Monday and have been too busy lately to get out for dinner. We have microwave popcorn here in the office so I've tried it a few times. Holy crap is that stuff awful. I eat popcorn at home a lot but I pop my own and it's not like it takes forever. If you eat microwave popcorn my question it...........why?

You mean they still sell pop corn thats' not in a microwave bag?

I've been using an air popper (same one) for 22 years.

I've never used a air popper but I've hear they work well. For me it's a stove, kernels, corn oil, salt and fresh ground pepper. Can't beat it. And if you want to get creative add spices like cayenne, curry, chili powder, cumin etc.

I've never used a air popper but I've hear they work well. For me it's a stove, kernels, corn oil, salt and fresh ground pepper. Can't beat it. And if you want to get creative add spices like cayenne, curry, chili powder, cumin etc.

Stove? Kernels? Oil? Fresh ground pepper?

You're nothing more than an elitist, capitalist popcorn pig. Oh, how great it must be to go to your comfy, roomy home and make fresh popcorn while the rest of us struggle every day to make ends meet and must compromise by eating whatever popcorn we can pick up for a buck-fiddy outside the grocery store from Boy Scout Troop 97 so they can afford to make the cross-country trek to see the Lincoln Memorial.

Enjoy your elitist snack food, pig. <_<

I love microwave popcorn! But I don't eat it cuz it's all loaded with sodium and I have to watch my blood pressure. Now I make it in a air popper. Not as good but it satisfies the craving. Reading your post makes me feel better about not eating it! <_<

Stove? Kernels? Oil? Fresh ground pepper?

You're nothing more than an elitist, capitalist popcorn pig. Oh, how great it must be to go to your comfy, roomy home and make fresh popcorn while the rest of us struggle every day to make ends meet and must compromise by eating whatever popcorn we can pick up for a buck-fiddy outside the grocery store from Boy Scout Troop 97 so they can afford to make the cross-country trek to see the Lincoln Memorial.

Enjoy your elitist snack food, pig. <_<

Admit it, it was the fresh ground pepper that put you over the edge wasn't it?

I'm a fan of adding cayenne to the oil. Mmmm.

The Whirley-Pop is awesome:

http://www.popcornpopper.com/24101.html

The popcorn isn't very good for you, since the packages use coconut oil, but it tastes fantastic. We use healthier oil and our own kernels when we don't want to clog our arteries. Baby-white kernels are excellent, as are the purple kernels:

http://www.popcornpopper.com/41401.html

http://www.popcornpopper.com/2amishpurple.html

CW

My kids eat the microwave stuff on the weeknights or whenever I do not want any.Much easier to make and no cleanup for a 10 or 8 yr old.

But if it is movie night on the weekend, only real popcorn on the stove, with some butter and Wye River (like Old Bay, only better) on it..

Microwave popcorn is just so much more convenient. I usually don't have an hour to spend popping popcorn over a stove.

You should never eat microwave popcorn. Never.

My dad uses one of these. It makes pretty good popcorn but since I've gone off the deep end with nutrition, I just settle for an apple.

Hah, thats is the same gadget we use!!! Kids get a kick out of spinning it as well.

I just settle for an apple

BTW, according to your site..apples no good no either <_<<_<http://www.prevention.com/7foodsthatshouldnever/list/7.shtml

Anyway, have you tried those Honey Crisp apples..oh my lord..all i can say is genetics is a beautiful field cause those things are just a slice of heaven.