Holmgren wants to coach on the east coast

Bruuuuce

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But would Holmgren want to go to a place where if things are going bad he would get the rug puled out from under him? Not like that would ever happen to a coach like him tho. I also think Holmgren would do a good job if he had complete control of the team.

To the contrary, in Seattle he had complete control and had the GM responsibilities taken away from him. It is too much responsibility for one person to handle, especially in season.

Gruden - Skins

Shannahan - Cowboys

Cowher - Panthers

Shottenheimer - Bills

What a dream scenario that would be. Holmgren as GM making all the personnel decisions, and Schottenheimer as Head Coach who knows how to turn around teams quickly. That would be awesome, only wish it could come true.

If he was going to go "in-house", I think he would have done that already.

:sick: Funny that you should mention it. Last month's rumor about Ralph considering a cheerleader for the next HC is gaining momentum. Missy (last name not available) has several qualifications that makes her a strong candidate:

1. She would work for minimum wage.

2. No prior experience as an NFL head coach.

3. Would agree to work with all others in the organization who are currently under contract (no expensive firings allowed).

4. Promises never to say anything noteworthy at an interview or press conference.

5. Actually, since she is currently working as a volunteer (pom pom waver), she will work for less than minimum wage.

6. Believes everything that Ralph tells her.

7. Has already been practicing being highly enthusiastic about the team's personnel each Spring.

8. Is willing to spend most draft picks on defensive backs.

9. Has intimated that she would work without pay if asked, just for the positive experience and the impressive addition to her resume.

10. Has several friends that could fill vacated assistant coaching positions if needed.

That is really a beautiful thing to say.

I have read a book by Parcells, back when he was coach of the Giants. What book is this that you speak of where is so kind to my beloved City of Buffalo?

I think it was called, something like "My Last Season Coaching In the NFL"....seriously. It was a "diary" of his last season coaching the Jets. He kind of said that playing games in Buffalo really got his adrenalin going, and IIRC, even said something derogatory about cities "like Miami"...

I know Parcells is considered a blowhard by many, but I would love it if the Bills had a "my way or the highway" guy in charge, one who could back it up with success (in other words, not tough guy Gregg Williams).

To the contrary, in Seattle he had complete control and had the GM responsibilities taken away from him. It is too much responsibility for one person to handle, especially in season.

In retrospect it looks like Holmgren did as good a job as GM as his successor did. Holmgren may replace his successor as GM next year & become Seattles new GM.

I am not seeing the pattern or any indicators in RW's history that lead me to believe he will hire any of the big name/big $$ coaches that will be available next year. Does anyone really believe that his is going to pry open his wallet now and try and land a big fish.

I would anticipate that we will hire a successful coordinator at around a million per. Or, he may go even cheaper and do the "in-house" which will be extremely frustrating.

Stop peein' in my Wheaties!!! LOL Maybe even Ralph realizes you can't take it with you!

I would agree with the Skins comment .... Snyder is likely to throw a significant paycheck his way.

I don't think coaches look at that job in Washington as a real good one. Snyder is coaching/managing that team and anyone he hires will just be the scapegoat when it inevitably blows up again. When they hired Zorn, they basically did so because they couldn't find a real head caoch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...our next head coach will be Jack Del Rio. Fits in perfectly with how the Bills "brain trust" thinks.

And I'm fairly certain that Shanny will end up as the Redskins HC. Holmgren won't want anything to do with Washington, I wouldnt be surprised to see him give Carolina a shot though if Cowher wants to keep golfing.

My guess is the Redskins is his team of choice. Though Buffalo fits his fortay of bringing a team back out of the shadows an into the sun.

And when he leaves they go back into the shadows something like Chuck Knox.

We have 50 years of mistakes to learn from, lets try to not repeat the same ones again.

I don't think one of the "big names" is going to coach for the Redskins unless a) there is HUGE money attached, and b) the front office including Vinny Cerrato is dumped.

An interesting quote from Profootball Weekly:

"You heard Mike Tomlin admit it — owners don't want to pay anyone. He was cheap labor."