OL guru's out there...pls provide your opin on Meredith

I'm intrigued with this guy...He was picked off the GB practice squad, picked up the offense, and BAM he's starting and holding his own? I think that's pretty remarkable from a rookie...What is your opinon about him? Have we found a diamond in the rough?

He looks good for a rookie. He needs to add strength to his lower body. If you watch a replay of the Carolina game, he was driven back a lot by a bull rush. He does do a very nice job getting his hands on people quickly and effectively. In the end, I'd say he's a great depth player and Butler would still be the better of the right tackles.

I think guys like Wood, Levitre, Bell and Meredith will make a big leap forward this offseason as they spend more time in an NFL strength and conditioning program.

agreed, maybe next year they will be ready to start in the NFL.......... :lol:

You youtube write up is a very good piece and it sees the same things I see......

A couple of notes:

- You cannot go by last weeks performance as an indication of how good he is going to be.....that was J. Peppers who is one of the best if not THE best DE in the league......it is totally unfair to make an evaluation on a kid who is in his second game of action against a force like Peppers.

- He has a natural strength to him that is very good right now and if it improves will make him an absolute mauler

- His footwork is pretty darn good for a rookie....but he does not strike me as a LT type.

That video clip is interesting. It states at the end that he would go in the first 50 picks, as did many draft guides. Why then did he fall so far?

What was the hang up that caused him to fall out of favor with so many teams?

That video clip is interesting. It states at the end that he would go in the first 50 picks, as did many draft guides. Why then did he fall so far?

I heard his passion for the game and toughness were questioned by scouts.

also per rotoworld "Meredith fell in the draft for character and injury concerns"

also per rotoworld "Meredith fell in the draft for character and injury concerns"

heart issues and injury prone? OK, those qualify as important concerns.

However, I'll still get the ball rolling and coin in it right now:

JAMON-JI!!!!

heart issues and injury prone? OK, those qualify as important concerns.

However, I'll still get the ball rolling and coin in it right now:

JAMON-JI!!!!

Maybe since he barely hung on with GB and now has a second chance with Buffalo he finds his "heart"

Maybe since he barely hung on with GB and now has a second chance with Buffalo he finds his "heart"

Good point SB12.

Not to make excuses on how other players have handled big rookie contracts (Mike Williams), but this "practice squad" guy could come in start and possibly be able to turn around his fortunes in a short time and be able ask for millions which could be great, GREAT motivation for the soul.

For some reason he was seen as argumentative, not coachable and potentially a locker room lawyer. He was otherwise regarded talent-wise as a first day pick.

There apparently was no attitude issues in Green Bay however. He's just not nearly ready, as I'm sure everyone has noticed.

why did brady fall to the sixth round?

ray brown was very impressed with this kid and stated he was a keeper. i think we got luck ont this guy. the next week GB needed a tackle but he was already in buffalo. the football gods were good to us that day!

Good point SB12.

Not to make excuses on how other players have handled big rookie contracts (Mike Williams), but this "practice squad" guy could come in start and possibly be able to turn around his fortunes in a short time and be able ask for millions which could be great, GREAT motivation for the soul.

dollars2donuts, When you ask for millions you inevitably get traded by the Bills. :worthy:

He oozes potential, is better than Kirk "Sucks" Chambers, and Ray Brown likes the way he studies the playbook. Oh and the Bills can play cash-to-cap and save a buck or two. :worthy:

Seriously, the kid has a long ways to go to be average. He may get there someday, but until then we get to watch him contribute his number of mistakes to the general ineptness.

I'm intrigued with this guy...He was picked off the GB practice squad, picked up the offense, and BAM he's starting and holding his own? I think that's pretty remarkable from a rookie...What is your opinon about him? Have we found a diamond in the rough?

He is just going to have to keep making plays.

The kid has played two games for us.....it is amazing how many "what have you done for me right at the moments" we have on this board......

- In his first start.....his you never heard his name and he held up well

- In his second start his foe was Julius Fricken Peppers.......generally considered to be one of the very best DE's in the NFL today......we would have given up just about anybody on our team to have him in the offseason and most were willing to give up a 1st round pick

So lets bash the kid and call his overall play mediocre based on what happened to him last week.......he just got here.......off of a practice squad......and got thrown straight into the fire then we turned up the flame by asking him to contain Peppers.

He is soooooooo not the problem with this offense.

I remember when some thought that Pennington and Hicks were going to be great tackles. The play of the o-line has been horrible. We will need significant upgrades at one or both tackles next year to have an effective offense.

You youtube write up is a very good piece and it sees the same things I see......

A couple of notes:

- You cannot go by last weeks performance as an indication of how good he is going to be.....that was J. Peppers who is one of the best if not THE best DE in the league......it is totally unfair to make an evaluation on a kid who is in his second game of action against a force like Peppers.

- He has a natural strength to him that is very good right now and if it improves will make him an absolute mauler

- His footwork is pretty darn good for a rookie....but he does not strike me as a LT type.

I agree if we can turn this kid into a starting RT I would be happy.