Even though we are awful, we got a shot at the wild card

uticaclub

you do of course realize wild card is a conference spot and it doesn't mean 2nd place in the division. its awarded to the 2 non-division winning teams that had the overall best conference records.

Right, I had left a few teams out. Jets and Houston are 4-3. We're 3-4. If we beat Houston we'll all be 4-4 but we'd have the tie breaker on head to head for both. I forgot that Jacksonville and San Diago and Balitmore are 3-3. So they figure in too. Gotta figure they all won't all win. But one or two might.

Bottom line: we're right in this now.

Go BILLS !!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we beat Houston and the Fish beat the Jets, we will be in the last wildcard spot. Our destiny will be in our own hands.

Go BILLS !!

Not true. You would also need Baltimore, Jacksonville and San Diego to all lose their games. And we would also have a worse conference record of all of them if we would tie any of them.

What's even more f'd up is that, had we not collapsed late against the *Pats, and managed to not lose to Cleveland, we'd be at 5-2 and alone in first place. That's just ridiculous.

Yeah you're right I did. But we're still right in it for that last wild card. I don't care what all the whiny wimpy complaining losers on this board think, we're right in this thing. Just because our offense wasn't so good last 2 weeks doesn't mean it won't be better Sunday.

Go BILLS !!

Last two? :unsure:

Can we assume you were satisfied with the way the offense performed vs Saints, Dolphins, and the Browns?

beating houston this week will defiantly help are cause

Not that I think this team is good enough to make a serious run at the wildcard, if they have any aspirations of doing so this game is a must win. Houston will be one of the teams fighting for that last wildcard & it is important to have the tiebreaker over them

Oh Good Lord - win 2 games back to back and people starting talking about playoffs - I guess that's how desperate we've become.

Let's face it - we won 2 games not because we were the better team, but because our opponent was flat out terrible. We barely squeaked out an OT win against a team with rookie QB who turned the ball over 5 times but ran over us to the tune of 200 yards on the ground. Then we won over a pathetic Carolina team who had 3 times the offensive yardage we had because again, we faced a team that turned the ball over. Those are W's, but nothing to crow about, folks. I'll take the wins but I'm not happy about how we played in either of those games. Hard to say we were the better team in either of those games.

I also love how people keep bringing up that if we hadn't fumbled the ball against NE and Cleveland we'd be 5-2. You know what? If Norwood would have made that kick we would have been Super Bowl champs - unfortunately the "what ifs" don't count. Do you really think this is a 5-2 team? Do you really think this is a playoff team?

Last two? :lol:

Can we assume you were satisfied with the way the offense performed vs Saints, Dolphins, and the Browns?

Exactly, the Offense hasnt' really done much the entire year. 75% of our points are because the defense got them a turnover in the opponents territory.

I also love how people keep bringing up that if we hadn't fumbled the ball against NE and Cleveland we'd be 5-2. You know what? If Norwood would have made that kick we would have been Super Bowl champs - unfortunately the "what ifs" don't count. Do you really think this is a 5-2 team? Do you really think this is a playoff team?

Of course, that wasn't the point of why I brought it up, but don't let that stop you.

Oh Good Lord - win 2 games back to back and people starting talking about playoffs - I guess that's how desperate we've become.

Gosh, you're RIGHT! Wait a minute...that makes this fan base just like that on every other fan board for every other middle-of-the-road team.

What part of that is so difficult for you to understand? Trust me on something, "Avenger"...I'm rooting my two functioning brain cells on the Bills' winning this weekend. Wow. Imagine 4-4. That's a hell of a long way from 1-4. And not too far removed from 5-4. And so on...

And then imagine what it would be like to be a Carolina fan. Get it?