Dick Jauron's 13-3 season in Chicago....

Lv-Bills

I think there are two sides to the Dick Jauron analysis as a HC. One is during the week, and the other is on gameday. Over the course of his Bills tenure I'd give him a B+ or A- for the first part, and a C- or D for the second part. The Bills are generally well prepared and give maximum effort, however Jauron becomes spineless when the pressure is on and doesn't inspire confidence in his team when the game is on the line.

Bottom line -- he needs to go. Nice man, horrible gameday coach.

If you really wanted to, you could probably do this for a lot of really good seasons. Schedule, luck, and avoiding injuries are part of any team being really successful.

Well that may be true...But we do know for a 100% fact that Jauron has been woefully bad vs. Teams that finish the Season with a winning record since he's come to Buffalo...2-21 bad...So even though any given winning Season could have similarities, Dead Dicks' problems with winning Teams are tremendous and they date back to his pre-Buffalo days...That pretty much can't be questioned...:w00t:

I love how you can just say that you can discount last year. Cassell didnt start a game since high school and he slowly improved enough to take the Pats to an 11-5 record. Most likely were the second best team in the AFC at the end of the year.

You can't just discount them playing so well with a high school QB, while your whole argument is based around QB's. Belicheck didn't fail with Bledsoe. Bledsoe even helped Brady get the Superbowl with the drive vs. Pittsburgh when Brady went out.

By your logic, how in the world did Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, or even Jeff Hostetler win a Super Bowl for that matter? You can just watch how someone like BB strategizes differently than someone like Jauron on gamedays.

Jon Gruden, Joe Gibbs, and Bill Parcells were teh coaches for the guys you mentioned. They were well established winners before those Super Bowls. Belichick was a loser (slightly worse than Jauron) before he got a HOF QB. Again, without Mo Lewis, he won't have been around long enough to coach Cassel. I also believe the missed the playoffs as well.

In the only year DJ had a winning record, obviously we all know he guided the bears to a 13-3 season. During that same year, the Bears played 7 teams (including the home playoff loss) with winning records. He went 3-4 including the first round home playoff loss.

Two of those three wins were against 9-7 Tampa.

I'm just saying. I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to look that up, but he may be responsible for the least spectacular 13-3 season of all time. LOL.

I'm just sayin. Ole Dickie Boy.

His 13-3 season was the anomoly!!!!

I think there are two sides to the Dick Jauron analysis as a HC. One is during the week, and the other is on gameday. Over the course of his Bills tenure I'd give him a B+ or A- for the first part, and a C- or D for the second part. The Bills are generally well prepared and give maximum effort, however Jauron becomes spineless when the pressure is on and doesn't inspire confidence in his team when the game is on the line.

I agree with this assessment 100%. I think he is also a good "Damage Control" coach, which is to say that his conservative style tends to mask a team that is highly deficient, which is why I think he did a good job in 2006 with JP starting all 16 games and 2007 when the team was ravaged by injuries.

In the only year DJ had a winning record, obviously we all know he guided the bears to a 13-3 season. During that same year, the Bears played 7 teams (including the home playoff loss) with winning records. He went 3-4 including the first round home playoff loss.

Two of those three wins were against 9-7 Tampa.

I'm just saying. I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to look that up, but he may be responsible for the least spectacular 13-3 season of all time. LOL.

I'm just sayin. Ole Dickie Boy.

The Bucs were 9-5 in games in which they didn't play the Bears. That's how you should measure it.

Man, I've been saying this for the last couple of years. Let Dick coach the team and get them prepared during the week. On game day give all decision making like going for it on 4th, play calling, penalties, challenges, fake punts and FGs, third down calls with 2:06 remaining, etc. to someone else. Hell, I'll even do it for $100,000 per game. Maybe put Dick in the press box with a dead mic so at least he'll think he's doing something.

when you look for small, fast players, you are asking for injuries...

Maybe the mindset here plays a role too, I'm not sure. When you're an undersized wimpy team with a soft "good guy" coach in a violent, aggressive sport, that seems set up for trouble.

Great post! You should change your screen name. :thumbsup:

If I may.....throw inclement weather and blue collar fans into the mix and it makes even less sense.