I'm a Yankees fan

Gotta Dream

I hear you. As a Bills/Yanks fan, I'm on both sides of this argument. I do think that part of what you're hearing is a product of the faithful wanting Jeter/Mo/Posada/Pettite to win one more for old time's sake. They're not going to be around forever.

Perhaps Pettite has been sharing his HGH. I kid, I kid. :unsure:

But how many guys get better naturally this late in the career like Jeter and Mo. I'd like to think they would be the last ones to ever do it, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't root for almost anything Boston... They are the disease. They stole our basketball team. Our football team helped theirs stay in existence and look what the Krafts of the NFL and the their cheating coaches are doing to the league today. Red Sox fans are like protestants... They claim so hard to not be catholics (Yankees), then act exactly like them... The only thing that defines them is that can't be the Yankees... It is the only reason many of the Red Sox fans exist. Just like Cubs/Maple Leafs (they exist to lose) fans, I say get a life.

The only team that I can possibly root for from BOS are the Bruins... Go Danny Paille (got an assist ont he winning goal last night) while the two big B's stars heel... Boston, consider it a gift from our classy hockey team (Sabres).

How is this for trash-talkin'!

:worthy:

If you go back far enough, they stole our baseball team too. Way back, but the old Buffalo Bisons moved to Boston and became the RedSox.

Perhaps Pettite has been sharing his HGH. I kid, I kid. :worthy:

But how many guys get better naturally this late in the career like Jeter and Mo. I'd like to think they would be the last ones to ever do it, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

I would simply say that Jeter has managed age by becoming the premier opposite field hitter in the league (he rarely pulls his hits), and that Mo has managed to deal with losing 3-4 mph off of his fastball by placement. Make no mistake, though -- as good as a year that Mo had in 09, he's not the same physical domintor as he was in 99-00.

You've got to be kidding me. When you have the payroll of a small country you damn well better win the championship every year.

Buying championships is boring.

Trying to buy them and failing most of the time is pretty funny though. Sort of pathetic.

You left off Pettitte.

Oops! Thank you for the correction.

The Yanks' last WS win was in 2000. Radomski said he was sending Clemens (and probably Pettite) HGH in 2002. The Sox OTOH were definitely aided by Manny and Papi's juicing.

This is relevent, how? Or is your argument that one set of juicers were bad because they won the WS (Red Sox) but the other set was okay because they lost it (Yanks)??

(Do you honestly believe that the Yanks get to the WS in 2003 without the juiced contributions of Clemens and Petitte?)

To be honest, half of the hate for Yankees is payroll envy. The other half is because for every one decent Yankee fan, there is are a dozen loudmouth douches.

Corrected that for ya...

This is relevent, how? Or is your argument that one set of juicers were bad because they won the WS (Red Sox) but the other set was okay because they lost it (Yanks)??

(Do you honestly believe that the Yanks get to the WS in 2003 without the juiced contributions of Clemens and Petitte?)

I never said it was "okay" for the Yanks. Just that cheating didn't get the Yanks a championship.

The Yanks' last WS win was in 2000. Radomski said he was sending Clemens (and probably Pettite) HGH in 2002. The Sox OTOH were definitely aided by Manny and Papi's juicing.

It's just too bad that the Yanks didn't have enough clout to get someone other than Senator George Mitchell, who served as a director in the Red Sox front office to lead the investigation. Seeing that Manny was + and how terribly bad that Big Papi is now, it makes one wonder how the Red Sox are excused.

It's just too bad that the Yanks didn't have enough clout to get someone other than Senator George Mitchell, who served as a director in the Red Sox front office to lead the investigation. Seeing that Manny was + and how terribly bad that Big Papi is now, it makes one wonder how the Red Sox are excused.

So that's your only defense? Wah... Wahh... The Red Sox did it... It's all their fault! :doh:

Yep. No conflict of interest there. ;)

And with the Bills' season coming to a crashing halt today, Go Yanks and Go Sabres!

Baseball?!?!?

Baseball is so boring and full of drug using cheats...oh, wait...the NFL is full of juicers too...but atleast its exciting!

Postseason baseball is the most dramatic sport there is..........I just got back from RWS and saw one of the most boring displays of so called entertainment ever.

Baseball?!?!?

Baseball is so boring and full of drug using cheats...oh, wait...the NFL is full of juicers too...but atleast its exciting!

I was just thinking... I thought it was more exiting when there was steroids. McGwire vs. Sosa.

Clemen's chase of 300 wins. Manny and Papi = clutch, etc....

Try this on for size:

Bills

Sabres

Pirates

Knicks

There you go... some of us suffer endlessly THE WHOLE YEAR. Yeah.

Bills, Sabres, Nationals, Wizards. Yup. And I didn't go to a big sports college. I'm 33, and I've never seen one of my teams win a championship.