RUMOUR: Holmgren to the Bills?

Bash_Gash

Quote:

as it was discussed this morning on J.T. the Brick’s radio show that there are rumors in Buffalo that Mike Holmgren could receive total control of the Bills if he decided to take over the Bills.

http://hardknoxsports.com/nfl/buffal...olmgren-bills/

He is not my top pick but how can it not be an upgrade over Skeletor. Holmgren has proved he could win, which is another bonus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

as it was discussed this morning on J.T. the Brick’s radio show that there are rumors in Buffalo that Mike Holmgren could receive total control of the Bills if he decided to take over the Bills.

He is not my top pick but how can it not be an upgrade over Skeletor. Holmgren has proved he could win, which is another bonus

While I don't put much validity into any of these rumors, I would literally crap myself from overexcitement if this came true.

I think that Ralph has so tainted the waters for potential coaches, it is going to take a mountain of concessions on his part to get any quality coach to seriously consider Buffalo. We don't have a true GM. Our FO is full of Ralph Wilson yes men and Ralph doesn't want to pay what it costs to land a winning coach. Not to mention we inexplicably will not raise our ticket prices to make ourselves more revenue competitive and we are tied to this Cash to Cap policy and therefore won't spend the money other teams do to get all of the peices they need to compete.

Outside of all of that, I think Buffalo is a "no-brainer". Who wouldn't want to coach here.

It could happen. The Walrus left Seattle to take a year off. Has said it would take him being GM AND Coach to come back. If he could get that in Buffalo it would be a great setup for him. Small market like Green Bay. Rabid fan base. We're down, he can build us up and be a hero. Likes cold weather football. Ralph is itching to bring a good coach in here and knows he needs a new GM too. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Downside is the Walrus pretty much failed at this in Seattle and had to give up the GM role and be only coach. Seattle suffered though many 8-8, 7-9, and 9-7 seasons before hitting it big in 2005. Maybe he learned something.

He's also good at bringing along young QBs. Anyone heard of Brett Favre and Matt Hasselback? Just what the doctor ordered.

I say do it.

i discussed with my wife the possibility of winning the lottery tonight ... i hope that makes it true.

jw

That reminds me of a story...

So this guy comes running into his house one night, screaming to his wife, "Hey honey, quick...pack your bags....

Wife says, "Why? What's goin' on?"

Guy says, "Just hurry ...hurry up...hurry up and pack your bags..."

Wife says, "Honey, tell me WTF is going on..."

Guy shouts, "I just won $10million in the lottery....hurry...pack your bags..."

Wife says, "Holy &*%#!, that's great honey, where we goin'?

Guy says, "We? WE??? We're not going anywhere...pack your bags and get out!"

Oy vey, I slay me.

That reminds me of a story...

So this guy comes running into his house one night, screaming to his wife, "Hey honey, quick...pack your bags....

Wife says, "Why? What's goin' on?"

Guy says, "Just hurry ...hurry up...hurry up and pack your bags..."

Wife says, "Honey, tell me WTF is going on..."

Guy shouts, "I just won $10million in the lottery....hurry...pack your bags..."

Wife says, "Holy &*%#!, that's great honey, where we goin'?

Guy says, "We? WE??? We're not going anywhere...pack your bags and get out!"

Oy vay, I slay me.

pow, enjoy the veal...

I believe Seattle made their Super Bowl breakthrough after Tim Ruskell took over the GM duties from Bob Whitsitt who I believe was basically a Holmgren puppet while he was GM.

Once Ruskell took over the reins and Holmgren focused on coaching the Seahawks were able to get to the Super Bowl (where they were somewhat robbed by poor officiating in losing to the Steelers).

If Holmgren took over football operations, I wonder who he would name as his general manager.

Look, Ralph is incapable of running things. I think that has been proven. Give Holmgren whatever he wants and let's get this thing going. It's rumors like this that make me think I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. It's torture.

thats an off season thing. no way ralphie pulls that off 5 games into the season when he had no idea of axing jauron coming into this

But then again if I were Ralph I would be thinking I need to change this up ASAP and let the rebuilding begin!

Fans would love the dramatic move. It might actually help us win a few extra games just from better clock management and the end of game decision making process and season ticket sales would jump UP next offseason...DOH!

What am I thinking! I do not think that this type of decision can be made by this ownership????? We will probably hear that Jauron will be back next season. He was dealt an unfair hand with numerous injuries etc...

But then again if I were Ralph I would be thinking I need to change this up ASAP and let the rebuilding begin!

We will probably hear that Jauron will be back next season. He was dealt an unfair hand with numerous injuries etc...

I think someone would burn the stadium down if RW did that.

Give me a break! People, worthy news comes from worthy news sources. Nothing is happening till we are closer to the bye week if it happens at all. There is not a interm coach on the Bills roster, Cottrell could have done it but Fewell, Pelt, April, Krugher, etc.. are lucky they still have jobs. Wilson will fire Modrak, Guy, Jauron, Fewell and hire a new pro-personnel/coach for next year. Braddon is home grown and is going nowwhere. Stop the stupid rumors!!!

I like Holmgren, but I did not care for how he announced his exit from Seattle prior to the end of his last season. He kind of made himself a lame duck by doing so. Either you are into it or you are not -- there's no middle ground "I'm leaving at the end of the season". Just keep that to yourself and lead your team while you're the HC. I'd still take him immediately over Jauron.

thats an off season thing. no way ralphie pulls that off 5 games into the season when he had no idea of axing jauron coming into this

I totally agree. As much as I'd love to believe this rumor, there is no way this is true. RW will ride this season out with Jauron and make his decision in the off season.

I totally agree. As much as I'd love to believe this rumor, there is no way this is true. RW will ride this season out with Jauron and make his decision in the off season.

I think it's an off season thing too, but if you wait until the off season to do it, you're too late. Now would be the time to get the ball rolling on something like this. Plus the Walrus' wife told him he could not coach this year so there's no way he comes riding in on a white stead during the bye week. They may work something out and announce it after the season is over.

I have no idea if it's true, but it's a good one.

Quote:

Two big words.

Look, Ralph is incapable of running things. I think that has been proven. Give Holmgren whatever he wants and let's get this thing going. It's rumors like this that make me think I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. It's torture.

There are going to be rumors ad nauseum until Jauron gets fired and they name the next HC and whoever else that was fired with Jauron. You may need to go buy a giant vat of glue.

I remember that Holmgren had promised his wife he would retire after a certain number of years with the Seahawks and was dead set on sticking to that promise- so I don't see this happening.

He has already publicly said that he'd like to come back after the year off and his wife is on board.