"I'm not a Bills fan."

murra

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Trent can be an excellent QB? Zero career 300 passing games? I know that stats are often unimportant, and there is a fine line in defining the term excellent, but at a certain point you have to face the facts.

Early on we all admitted he had little talent. But then we claimed at least his head was on straight. It turns out he often makes poor (or no) decisions, and his mental game looks worse game-by-game. Blame the coach all you want, but this press conference was another indicator that he's not Buffalo quarterback material.

Again - the opposing quarterback went 2/16 and you think they lost because of QB play. There's so little logic there I don't know what to say other than you need to see the bigger picture.

How about this - do you remember Edwards rookie year? Do you remember what he was good at? Quick decisions, quick release, accurate throws, right?

Do you think he got tentative on his own?? Or do you think maybe the coach that can't get a punt return team out on the field without a timeout might be part of the problem? You know - the coach who calls for a punt down by 7 in the 4th against New Orleans? Was that Edwards fault too? He's learned to expect failure, just like the rest of the team because Jauron teaches failure.

"It's hard to win in the NFL."

NINE false starts at home. Hideous field position because our punt returner playes like a scared little girl - and who does that remind you of (hint - his initials are DJ)? On the fumble, Rocoe was moving away from the contact.

Trent was taking hits, trying to make plays, picking up first downs on drives that started on the 1-yard line. He's far from perfect, but he's also far from the problem.

No, he is one of the problems.

Again - the opposing quarterback went 2/16 and you think they lost because of QB play.

Re-read my post again. I tried to (as simply as possible) refute your comment that (AND I QUOTE) "Edwards can be excellent".

If you can't understand that then you should leave this debate.

To be fair, I think he was more saying "You're seriously asking me if I would boo *me*? I'm not a fan, I'm a starting QB - I'm trying to win the game (no matter how miserably I'm failing)."

I just think that there is a huge difference in the emotion of a fan, and a QB playing to (supposedly) win...

Fair enough but not the type of response you'd look for from your field general. I would have hoped for some emotion and fire and anger. Something like "yeah, I would have boo'd, we can't play like this. We expect so much more from this team. We shouldn't be losing games like these..."

Ever since Kelly and not including Flutie, every QB the Bills have brough in sucked eggs.

Todd Collins

Ron Johnson

JP Losman

Trent Edwards

All were decent college QB's with good arms. Its either we have the most dilusional scouts of the past 20 years or our coaching staff has no clue on how to develop a qb. During their tenure with the Bills they even regressed.

I think Trent is salavagable to be better then Trent Dillfer QB in the leauge. With some coaching and an Oline he might be better.

Fair enough but not the type of response you'd look for from your field general. I would have hoped for some emotion and fire and anger. Something like "yeah, I would have boo'd, we can't play like this. We expect so much more from this team. We shouldn't be losing games like these..."

Totally agree! Someone sure as heck needs to become a leader on this team...

Again - the opposing quarterback went 2/16 and you think they lost because of QB play. There's so little logic there I don't know what to say other than you need to see the bigger picture.

It's too bad Derek Anderson was on the same field today. It gives the Trent supporters (Dick Jauron),,,the amo he needs to keep him in the starting lineup.

I'm done with this guy. The fact that everyone of his press conferences are laced with his two favorite words, Disappointed and " it's frustrating" and his catch all, " I need to go back and see the tape" to his now infamous, " I'm not a Bills fan, because I'm a Bills player." Get DJ and his sorry @ss out of Buffalo and take Trenative "no guts" Edwards with you

I'm surprised no one has said it yet, but that sounds like a really stupid question. I really don't expect anything different after that game though.

No disagreement here. But as the starting QB for your team, better responses would include:

"What do you think?"

"Yes. We played a poor game, I can understand why some fans bood - we'll take that and be better prepared next week"

"No, I'm a bills fan, and I would never boo my team"

"No, I'm just looking forward to some nice warm retada when I get home... It was cold out there today"

"Next question"

It's pretty sad that the defense of Edwards at this point amounts to "He's not the whole problem." Find me the people who are saying he is.

And no, criticism of Edwards for his crappy performance in this game does not mean that anyone thinks he's solely to blame. But when your offense only musters 3 points against the Browns I think it's fair to say the quarterback did not have a good game.

Ever since Kelly and not including Flutie, every QB the Bills have brough in sucked eggs.

Todd Collins

Ron Johnson

JP Losman

Trent Edwards

All were decent college QB's with good arms. Its either we have the most dilusional scouts of the past 20 years or our coaching staff has no clue on how to develop a qb. During their tenure with the Bills they even regressed.

I think Trent is salavagable to be better then Trent Dillfer QB in the leauge. With some coaching and an Oline he might be better.

Trent had plenty of time to throw THROUGHOUT the game. Either we have the worst receivers playing professional football (unlikely), or they're running the most idiotic routes known to man (possible, but unlikely).

Coaching doesn't account for one immensely important component of the game: improvisation. Either our receivers suck at it, or the camera tells the tale, and it's our quarterback who's slow on his feet. Perhaps the receivers and quarterbacks both suck at it, but I find that hard to believe. Regardless, where we've need improvisation most (and where we've needed it throughout all the post-Kelly debacles) is in the passing game.

You excluded Flutie from the list. Rightfully so, he was a fantastic improviser, he made plays. So did Kelly.

JP tried to make plays, but he had rocks for brains. Definitely had it going on, guts wise, he just couldn't put the parts together.

Trent is all brains and no guts.

At some point, a quarterback has to succeed IN SPITE of his coach, IN SPITE of his offensive line, and any other excuse Trent makes.

HERE'S A CONSUMER'S SUGGESTION FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE AT NFL.COM: release game footage from the coach's cam on a week to week basis on your website. Charge a subscription fee if you like, thousands would pay for it including a good majority of posters here and on at least 31 other boards of equal or lesser caliber.