B. Edwards traded from cleveland to the Jets

IHFO

Your argument escapes me.

You are waiting for fans to complain because the Bills won't spend $ (not sure if cash to cap is used elsewhere) then you point to successful small market franchises.

What are you trying to say?

I think successful teams do what it takes for them to win. Small markets don't normally spend big to compete, but rely on good drafting and smart under the radar UFA signings. Big market teams spend big in the hopes of winning with name talent. MIN went big this season to try and help gain a stadium from the state of Minnesota. They signed Favre to win, which could result in getting a new home. They're a unique case.

In this decade, big and small markets have won the SB. TB, PIT, IND, and BAL aren't huge markets, but combined they've won 5 titles. The other 4 went to big markets: NE and NYG.

I didn't phrase my point well, as I'm at work. Sorry about that. I think Bills fans will see a trade like the B. Edwards deal and wonder why NYJ is making all effort to win now, while Buffalo is struggling to keep their collective heads above water.

The Bills are telling us they're fine with what they've got. And we know that's a joke of an excuse.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many holes in the sinking ship called the Bills, where do you start?

PTR

Exactly. I don't know. I was looking through available FA's and that's what I thought - what position first? I guess we'd have to go offensive line and then TE. Even though, I like what Nelson could be - we need a serious blocking TE.

MEANWHILE 2 VERY TALENTED YOUNG VETS RIDE THE PINE AND ARE AVAILIBLE FOR TRADE IN OTHER CITIES (Tony Ugoh- Indy and Derrick Johnson- KC)

These players happen to play the same positions for which the Bills have the biggest needs, LT and LB.

The Jets make moves to improve, the Bills sit here with their thumb up their butt just accepting failure. Why wasnt I born somewhere else....

My thoughts are two-fold:

1.) Great. Now are division just got even tougher.

and

2.) Why are the Bills content to stand pat with their current mediocrity, and not making any moves? Chambers s-u-c-k-s. Bell may produce, but currently he is out with a groin injury. I believe Scott to be a serviceable backup. But RT needs to be improved. Runyan (not based on name recognition, guys) should have been inked the Monday after Butler went down. If the team is trying to save face by not bringing back Walker at RT (who would atleast be better than the turnstile Chambers), I would say "GET OVER IT!"

You had the brilliant move last year of attempting to trade away DT McCargo, only to have the trade with the Colts nixed because of back issues (Newman!). That has seemed to have been water under the bridge.

Why would Walker at RT not be a viable option? Hey- it looks like the Raiders (his pre-Bills team) are bringing him in for a tryout.

Why can't we?

Why is Derrick Brooks still out there in light of Poz's injury and the uncertainty of Ellison's ability? What, he wouldn't be productive for a season or two? Bring some life to the team?

Hello?

My thoughts are two-fold:

1.) Great. Now are division just got even tougher.

and

2.) Why are the Bills content to stand pat with their current mediocrity, and not making any moves? Chambers s-u-c-k-s. Bell may produce, but currently he is out with a groin injury. I believe Scott to be a serviceable backup. But RT needs to be improved. Runyan (not based on name recognition, guys) should have been inked the Monday after Butler went down. If the team is trying to save face by not bringing back Walker at RT (who would atleast be better than the turnstile Chambers), I would say "GET OVER IT!"

You had the brilliant move last year of attempting to trade away DT McCargo, only to have the trade with the Colts nixed because of back issues (Newman!). That has seemed to have been water under the bridge.

Why would Walker at RT not be a viable option? Hey- it looks like the Raiders (his pre-Bills team) are bringing him in for a tryout.

Why can't we?

Why is Derrick Brooks still out there in light of Poz's injury and the uncertainty of Ellison's ability? What, he wouldn't be productive for a season or two? Bring some life to the team?

Hello?

Why sign Runyan when we can trade for a 3-4 yr vet who has started at LT for P.Manning since his rookie year?

Why sing D.Brooks when we can get a cheaper and, at this point in their careers, more athletic player in D. Johnson. Johnson played very well the last two season but is out of place in the 3-4.

These players could be had cheap (draft pick wise) and also have no leverage for a new contract just yet.

I guess teh question reamins - why do the Bills insist on sucking?

Why sign Runyan when we can trade for a 3-4 yr vet who has started at LT for P.Manning since his rookie year?

Why sing D.Brooks when we can get a cheaper and, at this point in their careers, more athletic player in D. Johnson. Johnson played very well the last two season but is out of place in the 3-4.

These players could be had cheap (draft pick wise) and also have no leverage for a new contract just yet.

I guess teh question reamins - why do the Bills insist on sucking?

That is the question... why are the Bills satisfied with doing nothing when those around them in the division that they are 0-8 now are getting better?

MEANWHILE 2 VERY TALENTED YOUNG VETS RIDE THE PINE AND ARE AVAILIBLE FOR TRADE IN OTHER CITIES (Tony Ugoh- Indy and Derrick Johnson- KC)

These players happen to play the same positions for which the Bills have the biggest needs, LT and LB.

The Jets make moves to improve, the Bills sit here with their thumb up their butt just accepting failure. Why wasnt I born somewhere else....

Good thing you know the Bills havent made any inquires about these players :thumbdown:

Plus id be willing to bet that Bill Polien and Scott Piloi two of the better talent evaluators in the NFL are also aware these guys are talented and dont want to trade them.....

But your right Im sure Brandon is willing to sit on his thumb after an offseason drafting 3 lineman in the first two rounds and bringing in different linebackers and recievers who choose not to sign with us and then landed TO. :unsure:

A 3rd and 5th for a guy who caught 16 TD's a couple of years ago? The Jets made out very well on this, IMO. Sucks for us though. :unsure:

He reminds me of of what the psych docs call "arrested adolescent development."

Nasty at best, dangerous at worst. You can see the type in the stands at any NFL game - screaming invectives, telling others it's their "right" because they bought a ticket, fighting, spilling and vomiting on others, hunting down opponents' fans for special abuse, and so on.

I think CLE is cutting their losses...this guy is destined for incarceration IMO.

Will you still feel the same if he ends up in jail for a long period of time? Or starts to get regular suspensions?

Edwards is a risk, for obvious reasons.

So, your saying the Bills front office making good picks is more of a sure bet than Edwards staying out of trouble? My money is on Edwards over the Bills office any day.

He reminds me of of what the psych docs call "arrested adolescent development."

Nasty at best, dangerous at worst. You can see the type in the stands at any NFL game - screaming invectives, telling others it's their "right" because they bought a ticket, fighting, spilling and vomiting on others, hunting down opponents' fans for special abuse, and so on.

I think CLE is cutting their losses...this guy is destined for incarceration IMO.

I agree Cincy. He has been a dissapoitment the past 2 years. I guess the Jets are banking that a change of scenery will get him back to 2007 season levels.

I think successful teams do what it takes for them to win. Small markets don't normally spend big to compete, but rely on good drafting and smart under the radar UFA signings. Big market teams spend big in the hopes of winning with name talent. MIN went big this season to try and help gain a stadium from the state of Minnesota. They signed Favre to win, which could result in getting a new home. They're a unique case.

In this decade, big and small markets have won the SB. TB, PIT, IND, and BAL aren't huge markets, but combined they've won 5 titles. The other 4 went to big markets: NE and NYG.

I didn't phrase my point well, as I'm at work. Sorry about that. I think Bills fans will see a trade like the B. Edwards deal and wonder why NYJ is making all effort to win now, while Buffalo is struggling to keep their collective heads above water.

The Bills are telling us they're fine with what they've got. And we know that's a joke of an excuse.

Gotcha. It's about spending money for the right personnel, whether on field or off.