Pitoniak: "Time for some Cowher Power in Buffalo"

Lori

http://scottpitoniak.blogspot.com/2009/10/...in-buffalo.html

Enough already.

If I’m Bills owner Ralph Wilson, I pull the plug on Dick Jauron now. I put fiery special teams coach Bobby April in as interim head coach and immediately begin negotiations with Bill Cowher. And, yes, I prepare to turn over a king’s ransom and complete control of football operations because if I do otherwise neither Cowher nor Mike Shanahan nor Jon Gruden nor any other big-name coach will be coming to Orchard Park and the Bills will continue to be stuck in this quagmire of mediocrity that has stymied them for nearly a decade.

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

(more at link)

Yeah, I know this has little to no chance of actually happening, and I'm betting Scott does too. But hey, it's fun to consider the possibility, no?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know this has little to no chance of actually happening, and I'm betting Scott does too. But hey, it's fun to consider the possibility, no?

Because you can only win with big name coaches. I think they should look at Paul Pasqualoni from Miami- you know, the guy that got run out of Syracuse.....the last guy to win there.

Because you can only win with big name coaches. I think they should look at Paul Pasqualoni from Miami- you know, the guy that got run out of Syracuse.....the last guy to win there.

I think the team should take a very hard look at Leslie Frazier (D-coordinator) from the Vikings. He brings the same accountability that Singletary brings to the 49ers.

Look at some of the bright new faces leading teams to victory. Spending money on a big time coach doesn't guarantee results.

It's just not gonna happen. Cowher's not going to want to come north and his price tag will probably be historic. Snyder will pay anything.

While I think Cowher would be good for us, the track record historically is just not great for the semi-retired crowd.

Yeah it will be fun to speculate how many pro bowlers we can stuff into this team to make him look like a good coach.

It's just not gonna happen. Cowher's not going to want to come north and his price tag will probably be historic. Snyder will pay anything.

While I think Cowher would be good for us, the track record historically is just not great for the semi-retired crowd.

Who cares, the price tag for success is limitless. I agree that big money doesn't always equal wins, but this team needs a spark. they have many of the pieces they need to win some ball games. The coaching staff continues to be the issue.

Guest dog14787

I say Jon Gruden and vote Gruden because I think its possible, but Cowher is by far my favorite choice and nobody even comes close. I also think if its done quick enough Bobby April could make for an interesting season.

I'm not a fan of Cowher. He had all the support from ownership and the front office a guy could want, his teams consistently choked or outclassed by Belichik...no thanks.

He won't take us to the promised land. There are exactly zero coaches who have won the SB with 2 teams, hell the only coaches to appear on behalf of two franchises are Holmgren and Shula.

I'd be in for a guy who has never won a SB, young or old, with a proven record of success. Guys like Marty Schottenheimer or Russ Grimm.

No coach will matter without a GM and some competent personnel people. No to say they wouldn't do much better than DJ, but who can work with these handicaps?

That's the thing about Cowher or Shanahan - they're both! They won't accept a position where they don't have complete control. One-stop shopping, two birds with one stone, all that.

Git R done, Ralph

think about it though, T.O. is gone after this year, and ralph is going to HAVE to do something to keep the fans buying into the team and get the bills national exposure next year. plus with the high chances of an uncapped season, coaching becomes much more important for the bills.(that is only if there is no lockout)

it would not suprise me to see shanahan, gruden, holmgrin, or schottenheimer coaching the bills next year.

cower, however, would suprise me to the point of a heart attack......and i'm only 31 and in decent shape

i'm sure to get shanahan,holmgrin or cower, they would have to be offered both gm and coach positions.

i wouldnt mind taking a stab at parcells either. we can stick it to the entire division in more than one way with him and the bills are the only afc east team he has never worked for.

That's the thing about Cowher or Shanahan - they're both! They won't accept a position where they don't have complete control. One-stop shopping, two birds with one stone, all that.

Git R done, Ralph

Shanahan was a terrible GM. It killed him as a head coach.