I hate Tony Dungy!

sharper802

Screw him!!! He is attacking TO and TO purposely did not throw Trent, AVP or the o-line under the bus. WTF. You want to know what makes him difficult to coach? It is the fact he knows he is the best player on the field. He knows Donovan McNabb choked in the SuperBowl.

I hate Dungy so much it makes me want to scream. I hate his pious sanctomonius Christian bullsh*t. He was a loser in TB and if not for a complete melt down of New England's defense he wouldn't be a champion coach. AGHHHHHHHH.

Buffalo needs to rally around TO and say screw you Dungy, Harrison, Sully, and all the other hack Buffalo media.

Trent stand up for your best WR and give him the dam ball and make these morons shut the f up!!!!!!

I hate him so much.... "Two Christian coaches doing it the right way." Didn't realize doing it the right way meant rehabbing dog killers.... AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...for-dick-jauron

Oh good another Tim Graham article. I swear the media are a bunch of hyprocrits. They get mad when TO doesn't speak to them and when TO does talk alot there are a thousand articles on how he should shut his mouth.

Tony Dungy is a fool. Never liked him as a coach and he has that holyier than now attitude when it comes to talking to people.

Screw him!!! He is attacking TO and TO purposely did not throw Trent, AVP or the o-line under the bus. WTF. You want to know what makes him difficult to coach? It is the fact he knows he is the best player on the field. He knows Donovan McNabb choked in the SuperBowl.

I hate Dungy so much it makes me want to scream. I hate his pious sanctomonius Christian bullsh*t. He was a loser in TB and if not for a complete melt down of New England's defense he wouldn't be a champion coach. AGHHHHHHHH.

Buffalo needs to rally around TO and say screw you Dungy, Harrison, Sully, and all the other hack Buffalo media.

Trent stand up for your best WR and give him the dam ball and make these morons shut the f up!!!!!!

I hate him so much.... "Two Christian coaches doing it the right way." Didn't realize doing it the right way meant rehabbing dog killers.... AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow..... let it go man..... seriously..... anger issues much?

Hate Christians much? Good grief.

Dungy a loser in TB? Seriously? He built that Super Bowl team - Gruden happened to be in the right place at the right time to cash in on Dungy's work. Maybe if you took off your TO shaded glasses for a minute, you would be able to see more clearly and not be so freaking emotional. It is a game, after all.

Dungy a loser in TB? Seriously? He built that Super Bowl team - Gruden happened to be in the right place at the right time to cash in on Dungy's work. Maybe if you took off your TO shaded glasses for a minute, you would be able to see more clearly and not be so freaking emotional. It is a game, after all.

Read what Warren Sapp has said. TB would never have won with Dungy as coach.

Oh good another Tim Graham article. I swear the media are a bunch of hyprocrits. They get mad when TO doesn't speak to them and when TO does talk alot there are a thousand articles on how he should shut his mouth.

Tony Dungy is a fool. Never liked him as a coach and he has that holyier than now attitude when it comes to talking to people.

Amen brother!!!!

The point is that Dungy built that team, all Gruden had to do was come in and not screw it up

Dungy was not the GM. He did not draft Sapp or Derrick Thomas. He wasn't even the D-coordinator. Let's say you are right and he did build that team. He never could build an offense to go with the D.

The point is that Dungy built that team, all Gruden had to do was come in and not screw it up

I think Sharper802 went in like a bull in a china shop. But i got to agree about TB. Dungy had plenty of opportunites to win with that team. Not till Gruden came in and set things right on offense did that team win.

I think Sharper802 went in like a bull in a china shop. But i got to agree about TB. Dungy had plenty of opportunites to win with that team. Not till Gruden came in and set things right on offense did that team win.

Fair enough, I just looked at his record and you are right, he had some good players in place but they couldn't piece it all together, so i concede my error

:thumbsup:

Ok. Maybe, maybe not. I think the evidence that points me to the true architect of that team is this. What did Gruden do with TB after that year? What did Dungy do with IND after that year?

I realize that this debate could go on, and never have a resolution. I think my main point was the pure hatred of a man that is widely considered a great coach and a great human being. Thats it. Maybe I took it off on a tangent...

I would love it if Dungy, a champion and classy guy, coached the Bills. I could do without the religious stuff, but he's a class guy and a good coach.

I know people want a loudmouth obnoxious ass as a coach because that's what people think make you good, but Dungy is a great man and great coach.

Actually Rich McKay was the GM & the man responsible for building that Bucs team. Dungy was the Coach period. In his time in Tampa he NEVER hired a good OC. That is the reason the Bucs don't have 3 or 4 rings as they should. He was fired by the Glazers, owners of the team for that reason. When hired by the Colts Dungy was told he would have NO INPUT on the offensive side of the ball including the OC.

Actually Rich McKay was the GM & the man responsible for building that Bucs team. Dungy was the Coach period. In his time in Tampa he NEVER hired a good OC. That is the reason the Bucs don't have 3 or 4 rings as they should. He was fired by the Glazers, owners of the team for that reason. When hired by the Colts Dungy was told he would have NO IMPUT on the offensive side of the ball including the OC.

Never heard that before. But it seems plausible, since by the time Dungy was hired, Manning was well-established in Tom Moore's offense.

Actually, I don't get into that stuff, but I believe there is a part in the Bible that says something about judging not and another one which speaks to redemption.

Also not sure I get the hate for someone I'm assuming you've never met (nor have I), and whose actions have no effect on either of our lives, so I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree here. Bigger things in life to worry about.

I would love it if Dungy, a champion and classy guy, coached the Bills. I could do without the religious stuff, but he's a class guy and a good coach.

I know people want a loudmouth obnoxious ass as a coach because that's what people think make you good, but Dungy is a great man and great coach.

Maybe coulda had Rex Ryan. He's not looking too bad.

To be hated by some and be a Christian is like a baseball and a glove, they go hand in hand. Don't let it get under you're skin Sig1. About Dungy though, he was a good coach, one of the most respected in the league, by his players and his peers. He built the Bucs defense and brought them from a perenial loser to a SB contender in the NFC. He went to Indy and helped Peyton get over the hump by building their defense. You can't ignore the man's credentials. Tony Dungy as an NFL analyst and a player advocate? I don't agree with much he has had to say or some of the things he's done. He's a smart, humble man though who has endured ALOT, on and off the field. I, for one, respect the man even regardless of whether I don't always agree with what he has to say.

hallelujah!! i'm right there with you brother (although i like sullivan)>

SING IT FROM THE MOUNTAINTOP! DUNGY IS FULL OF HIS OWN SANCTIMONIUS bull ****!!

Never heard that before. But it seems plausible, since by the time Dungy was hired, Manning was well-established in Tom Moore's offense.

It was reported & well known down here in Tampa. They have a pretty good GM up in Indy. The FUNNY thing is while the Colts had a GREAT Offense with Tom Moore in charge of it & needed help on the defensive side, the Bucs had a GREAT Defense with Monte Kiffen in charge as DC & needed help on the Offensive side of the ball. Gruden was told basically the same thing as Dungy, the Defensive side is Kiffen's, you just worry about the Offense. It worked out GREAT for both the Bucs & Colts.

Only a damn fool would hate Tony Dungy. You don't think he is a good coach? You don't agree with his views on football, religion or anything else? Fine. Whatever. But to hate a good, genuine, caring man (who by the way can also coach the game, but that is besides the point) is nothing short of foolish. If you have ever spent 30 seconds around the man, you would know what I'm talking about.

Face it, no matter what Owens does he will never lose the self-centered label pinned on him. Ever.

P.S. - I love Rodney Harrison's response to T.O. saying he still is a champion. He's a cheater, but hey, he's still a champion :thumbsup:

So is Barry Bonds when it comes to home runs. And nobody can take that away from him either. :sick:

Nice post. Don't forget his approval of Frank Middleton's cheap shot on Sam Cowart either, Dungy is a POS... and he's even more boring on TV than Steve Young zzzzzzzzzzz. I'll give him credit though, he was a very good regular season coach.

I don't know if I hate him, but he is without question a massively overrated coach.

Don't forget his approval of Frank Middleton's cheap shot on Sam Cowart either

OMG yes! Thought I was the only person who remembers that.

Only a damn fool would hate Tony Dungy. You don't think he is a good coach? You don't agree with his views on football, religion or anything else? Fine. Whatever. But to hate a good, genuine, caring man (who by the way can also coach the game, but that is besides the point) is nothing short of foolish. If you have ever spent 30 seconds around the man, you would know what I'm talking about.

So, your point is that Ralph should higher some no name archbishop from some seedy mid-western town to come in and coach up the Bills??

So, your point is that Ralph should higher some no name archbishop from some seedy mid-western town to come in and coach up the Bills??

Actually, that wasn't my point at all. I didn't suggest in my post that Ralph should "higher" anyone. But since you mentioned it, he could do a lot worse than Dungy.

i like the idea that players should rally around TO..

i'm not sure how the team feels about his one-crucial-drop-per-game policy.

it's the kind of thing that makes your teammates trust you less with the ball.

....Didn't realize doing it the right way meant rehabbing dog killers....

Obviously, you know nothing about being a Christian, so you should really not bring it up at all, you are only screaming out to all of us your ignorance. Being a true Christian means absolutely helping a sinner "rehab" as you put it. Vick must have convinced Tony he was sincere in his desire to change his life, so Dungy felt the desire to help him.

However, being a Christian does not mean watching a selfish, self centered diva act like an idiot during a news conference without expressing your opinion about it. Watching Ownens not answering the reasonable questions about the lousy game against the Saints with that stupid hat on, was almost enough for me to want the Bills to just dump this a..hole and eat the 6.5 Mil they invested in him. And I'm a life long Bills fan that wants only for T.O. to get his 10 TD's and over 1,000 yards receiving for his one season with the Bills. Dungy has no affiliation with the diva or our Bills, and he was just stating his honest opinions about Owens, and most other people around football agree completely with his takes anyway.

Instead of "hating" Tony Dungy, we should all apsire to live our lives like him. That said, as a Bills fan, I really hope like you that Edwards gets his head out of his butt and starts throwing the ball his way Sunday against the Dolphins' weak secondary. I would rather watch Owens act like a selfish jerk during press conferences after games he plays well in for the rest of this strange season! :thumbsup:

i like the idea that players should rally around TO..

i'm not sure how the team feels about his one-crucial-drop-per-game policy.

it's the kind of thing that makes your teammates trust you less with the ball.

The most TD's over the past 3 seasons and a HOF career say otherwise. And who in this offense can be trusted with the ball?