Losman, might have been better suited

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this offense were tailored to edwards' strengths, as well as taking advantage of our young and (aggressive?) o-line, screens and quick hitting pass plays would be great. who cares if they don't throw deep as long as we move the chains, establish rhythm and confidence. but please, for the love of all that is good and holy...don't throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 25!

if this offense were tailored to edwards' strengths, as well as taking advantage of our young and (aggressive?) o-line, screens and quick hitting pass plays would be great. who cares if they don't throw deep as long as we move the chains, establish rhythm and confidence. but please, for the love of all that is good and holy...don't throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 25!

With Trent at quarterback a tight end this offseason would have made more sense...but this is the Bills were talking about. I would say that some help on o-line would have been nice, but I think everyone is being a little too hard on our o-line. We have zero depth on the line, but in regards to our starters, the pass protection is a little weak compared to last year, but our run blocking has definitely been an improvement.

I'm sure the list will dwindle, but next years tight end class for free agents is looking pretty strong. Just throwing out a few names....Anthony Fasano, Bo Scaife, Tony Scheffler, and Benjamin Watson. The loss of Derek Schouman hurts a lot more then people want to believe. Trent loved throwing to him and he seemed to catch everything thrown at him.

With Trent at quarterback a tight end this offseason would have made more sense...but this is the Bills were talking about. I would say that some help on o-line would have been nice, but I think everyone is being a little too hard on our o-line. We have zero depth on the line, but in regards to our starters, the pass protection is a little weak compared to last year, but our run blocking has definitely been an improvement.

I'm sure the list will dwindle, but next years tight end class for free agents is looking pretty strong. Just throwing out a few names....Anthony Fasano, Bo Scaife, Tony Scheffler, and Benjamin Watson. The loss of Derek Schouman hurts a lot more then people want to believe. Trent loved throwing to him and he seemed to catch everything thrown at him.

to the bills credit, they did try to get tony gonzalez last year while the team was still red hot and he did not want to come here.

it's not they they didn't try, it just didn't work out in our favor(as usual)

What if that is all the defense is giving him ?

Two premier receivers in TO and Evans. TO, who did not have much trouble getting consistently open in the past.

There is no way the three defenses we faced consistently covered (double covered ?) both these receivers without leaving something open for a third WR/TE in the middle portion. The D has to be 'giving' something either deep or middle.

to the bills credit, they did try to get tony gonzalez last year while the team was still red hot and he did not want to come here.

it's not they they didn't try, it just didn't work out in our favor(as usual)

Ahh the Tony Gonzalez fiasco, I completely blocked that out of my memory. I really hope Schouman can come back from that injury though, because like it or not TE will probably be the starter next year even if DJ gets the boot.

Just score baby

JP 19 TDs in 16 starts

Trent 22 TDs in 27 starts

He needs to step up his game is all im saying.

Huh?

Oh, I got it. You quote JP's best SINGLE season vs. ALL of TE's games.

Mind if I do a little bit of the same:

JP = 42 games, 33 TDs = 1.27 .786 TDs per game.

TE = 27 games, 22 TDs = 1.22 .810 TDs per game.

Looks like a statistical dead heat when it comes to TD passes per game played. I love stats.

You had me at, (TE) "he needs to step us his game." Game, set, match. That's all that really matters. Here's hoping he does.

GO BILLS!!!

P.S. - Thanks DC Tom and Magox for correcting my math.

As much as the Bills were going nowhere with JP it beats the crap out of what we have now. Sure JP was maddening but at least he wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield. Between all the horrible games there were games where JP threw for 300 yds and was fun to watch. Even when he sucked I at least got the feeling he was giving it his all and leaving it all on the field. TE is not fun to watch. Even my 84 year old mother in law who can't remember who the Bills are playing from quarter to quarter knows TE is afraid to throw the ball. Sadly I don't think it's Trent's fault. I think it's been drilled into him at every turn - DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER!! Now he's so gun shy that it's hard to imagine a good result. I think the kid had a chance to be a quality NFL quarterback. That's looking less likely every week.

Ahh the Tony Gonzalez fiasco, I completely blocked that out of my memory. I really hope Schouman can come back from that injury though, because like it or not TE will probably be the starter next year even if DJ gets the boot.

I wouldn't bet on that. Trent wasn't drafted in the first round, and is not carrying around a first rounders salary. From a financial standpoint, the FO has no incentive to "force" Trent to become the starter.

Not saying Trent will be waived, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new coaching staff brings somebody in to compete with Trent for the starter's spot.

I am so sick of "taking what the defense is giving him". How about let's ATTACK the Defense & TAKE what we want!

I appreciate what you're saying and I feel the same frustration. But until you can indeed TAKE what the defense gives consistently, you won't have much success forcing the issue.

First and foremost you need a QB with superior confidence. Edwards doesn't strike me as confident when faced with adversity. Secondly, you MUST have a superior OLine in every facet. We don't. Far from it.

Because of those two factors, we will be in more unmanageable down/distance situations. Defenses usually dictate to offenses in those situations.

GO BILLS!!!

Nice math skills, Newton. :thumbsup:

LOL! Talk about lazy math.

I apologize to the community and will immediately correct my post.

Thanks for pointing it out, Tom.

GO BILLS!!!

GO NEWTON!!!