Lynch and Jackson To Split Carries

LGB

Hopefully, the Bills will be able to grind it out more and move the chains. The no-huddle is not doing the defense any favors when it is a fast 3 and out.

"Going into the season, even in the off season when we knew about Marshawn's suspension, I said, 'We've got to be careful with Fred because he's a really good player and we don't want to overload him.' He had a lot of touches and did a great job," Bills coach Dick Jauron said. "Now Marshawn's back and we'll take some of that load off and evenly distribute it because both those guys are good. It'll make us a better team."

Hopefully, the Bills will be able to grind it out more and move the chains. The no-huddle is not doing the defense any favors when it is a fast 3 and out.

"Going into the season, even in the off season when we knew about Marshawn's suspension, I said, 'We've got to be careful with Fred because he's a really good player and we don't want to overload him.' He had a lot of touches and did a great job," Bills coach Dick Jauron said. "Now Marshawn's back and we'll take some of that load off and evenly distribute it because both those guys are good. It'll make us a better team."

Try doing that with our receivers too DICK. Some people think they're good too....

I have a feeling we will see more Freddie than Lynch the first week or two just on the mere fact of Freddie is hot and Lynch has sat the first 3 weeks. And if Lynch doesnt find some success in his opportunities out there, we might see a shift to Freddie during the season as the guy getting the bulk of the touches.

So, IMO, Lynch has some pressure to maximize his touches over the next few weeks...

I have a feeling we will see more Freddie than Lynch the first week or two just on the mere fact of Freddie is hot and Lynch has sat the first 3 weeks. And if Lynch doesnt find some success in his opportunities out there, we might see a shift to Freddie during the season as the guy getting the bulk of the touches.

So, IMO, Lynch has some pressure to maximize his touches over the next few weeks...

Freddie will probably lose some carries inside the 20, but the running attack should be able to stay fresh with Omon coming in too.

I don't think you are right at all. Look how Pierre Thomas smoked us in the second half. Lynch will do the same, he will come out running hard and will get a lot of touches. Lynch is very talented. Freddie is good but he is not as good as Lynch.

I don't think you are right at all. Look how Pierre Thomas smoked us in the second half. Lynch will do the same, he will come out running hard and will get a lot of touches. Lynch is very talented. Freddie is good but he is not as good as Lynch.

all opinion my friend, all opinion. Hard to debate against Jackson's 300 yds and 5 yds a carry avg. Oh yeah, forgot to mention he is also the leading receiver with 15 grabs for 189 yds...What can you really say to that?

Marshawn is more of a run you over type back, Freddy has better vision and finds the seams and openings.

all opinion my friend, all opinion. Hard to debate against Jackson's 300 yds and 5 yds a carry avg. Oh yeah, forgot to mention he is also the leading receiver with 15 grabs for 189 yds...What can you really say to that?

You can say that this offensive line is just not good at pass protection, which really requires them to work together and know each other almost telepathically. But the holes for the run game have been bigger this year than we've seen in years, except at LT. But it's not even close through the interior.

Good good run blocking.

Marshawn is going to look better than he ever has. Bet on it.

Hey Dick don't worry about fred wearing down he will have plenty of time get his legs back after week seventeen.

Not to be a smart-aleck, but you could say a few things:

1) Lynch is yet to play behind this line, so we'll see how well he does in comparison

2) Jackson racked up 168 of his 300 yards against Tampa Bay, which is giving up 187 yds/game on the ground (2nd worst in the NFL)

3) He has a lot of catches because his QB can't/won't throw to a WR and he is often the safety valve.

4) In the 2 losses, against NE and NO (who rank 10th and 5th against the run, respectively), Jackson averaged 3.8 yards per carry and averaged 64 yards per game

So it may not be as cut-and-dry as some would make it out to be. Again, not picking on you here, but it's not really all that hard to debate Jackson's numbers. He's a good back, but I happen to think Lynch is more talented. That said, I'm all for an even split, because they can both be effective getting 15-20 carries each per game--and anything that keeps the ball out of Trent's hands is a good thing, at least until he gains enough confidence to make some downfield throws.

Just my 1 cent.

This, IMHO, is the correct approach. Keep both fresh and let the % of carries be decided by who is doing better, the down and the distance etc.

And what people don't consider is that Freddie has been running into defences that have often had two deep safeties when they've been double-teaming our WRs. If they do that, Marshawn will eat them alive. Fred Jackson is a good RB and a great receiver, but Marshawn is a better runner and we'll all see that shortly.

And what people don't consider is that Freddie has been running into defences that have often had two deep safeties when they've been double-teaming our WRs. If they do that, Marshawn will eat them alive. Fred Jackson is a good RB and a great receiver, but Marshawn is a better runner and we'll all see that shortly.

I don't care which back gets the most carries; just want to see LOTS of carries by them both. Say, 20 for Fred and 15 for Marshawn, plus a little Oman. Hope AVP figures it out this week.

anything that keeps the ball out of Trent's hands is a good thing, at least until he gains enough confidence to make some downfield throws.

Not ignoring the rest of your post as i think it is good but I disagree with one aspect of the statement above.

Trent has to show that he has the ability to get the ball downfield through the air. Otherwise we will consistently see 8 or even nine in the box and I don't care how good of a back you are the odds are against you in this scenario. While there are exceptions (Cards last year come to mind) having the ability to present a balanced attack is the road to success.