Lynch and Jackson To Split Carries

LGB

Not ignoring the rest of your post as i think it is good but I disagree with one aspect of the statement above.

Trent has to show that he has the ability to get the ball downfield through the air. Otherwise we will consistently see 8 or even nine in the box and I don't care how good of a back you are the odds are against you in this scenario. While there are exceptions (Cards last year come to mind) having the ability to present a balanced attack is the road to success.

Well said. The season began with the threat of TO and Evans burning teams in the middle to deep part of the field. As it is becoming apparent that the QB is incapable of using their strengths, teams will cheat more towards the line of scrimmage thus decreasing the production of Lynch and/or Jackson. Also will put tremendous and unfair pressure on a young, inexperienced OL. If we do not solve the issue of not being able to attempt/complete passes beyond 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, we are hosed on offense.

Well said. The season began with the threat of TO and Evans burning teams in the middle to deep part of the field. As it is becoming apparent that the QB is incapable of using their strengths, teams will cheat more towards the line of scrimmage thus decreasing the production of Lynch and/or Jackson. Also will put tremendous and unfair pressure on a young, inexperienced OL. If we do not solve the issue of not being able to attempt/complete passes beyond 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, we are hosed on offense.

For the last couple of years the excuse was: we need a good WR to take to pressure off Evans and open up the passing game. Enter James Hardy, but that has not panned out. TO was signed and you would never know he was on the team - less the one TD. Bills fans want to know what it will take to get the ball down the field? Not too many people liked JP, but at least he threw the ball (remember JP to Evans against the fins?). There will always be excuses, but c'mon, if not now, when are we going to throw the ball?