phins get tyler thigpen

mjohns85

My best friend is a Chiefs fan and I really enjoyed watching Thigpen play last year. Frankly I was disappointed when KC traded for Cassel, but when Croyle was named the backup I was shocked. Thigpen may not have prototypical size but he is a gamer and a heck of a playmaker. Miami will benefit from this move now and for the future.

My best friend is a Chiefs fan and I really enjoyed watching Thigpen play last year. Frankly I was disappointed when KC traded for Cassel, but when Croyle was named the backup I was shocked. Thigpen may not have prototypical size but he is a gamer and a heck of a playmaker. Miami will benefit from this move now and for the future.

It's a good move...for the future. He doesn't know the Dols' system or players, and they don't exactly have the skill position talent the Chefs did last year.

Who was the guy Miami drafted 2-3 years ago (2nd round I think, when they didn't have a 1) who was a 26-year-old rookie? Was it John something, maybe from BYU? Older because he went on a mission? Backed up Caulpepper? Is he still in the league anywhere?

Who was the guy Miami drafted 2-3 years ago (2nd round I think, when they didn't have a 1) who was a 26-year-old rookie? Was it John something, maybe from BYU? Older because he went on a mission? Backed up Caulpepper? Is he still in the league anywhere?

john beck

He played against CIN in the teams' who-could-care-less '08 final game.

IIRC, it was a low-score dog of a game, and Thigpen did squat.

Beck is the 3rd QB behind Flacco and Smith in Baltimore.

He played against CIN in the teams' who-could-care-less '08 final game.

IIRC, it was a low-score dog of a game, and Thigpen did squat.

Thank you for helping to make my point. You saw him play one game and I watched every game he played.

In 11 games he had 22 TD's (18 passing, 3 rushing, 1 receiving)

Much better than our village idiot Edwards

Thank you for helping to make my point. You saw him play one game and I watched every game he played.

It's odd then, that 31 other teams weren't pounding on the Chiefs' door during the off-season to be first in line to buy Tyler's services...

It's odd then, that 31 other teams weren't pounding on the Chiefs' door during the off-season to be first in line for Tyler's services...

I wouldn't know since I'm not an NFL scout or talent evaluator. Do you know or are you just playing the "hater"

I wouldn't know since I'm not an NFL scout or talent evaluator. Do you know or are you just playing the "hater"

Nice try to spin off the subject. :thumbsup:

I also saw glimpses of his play in other games. IMO, he was playing like a college qb, not bad thing for a team with numerous problems. He was a 7th round selection in '07, so I don't think he has anything but the minimum contract for the position and his 2 years.

He then, would be a cheap pick-up. Anybody could match his tender price, if that even applies. They didn't come calling.

You seem to think I have something against the youngster because I expressed my opinion. I certainly don't. If he turns out to be MIA's next Marino, good for him.

You seem to think I have something against the youngster because I expressed my opinion. I certainly don't. If he turns out to be MIA's next Marino, good for him.

My apologies. Your first post gives the impression that you based your opinion on one game. I also figured you were jumping on a member with a lower post count as the TBD Elite often does.

As for draft status, remind me where Tom Brady was drafted....

He is good. I went to school with him at Coastal Carolina where he was a 4 years starter. He is big and suprising fast for his size. Dont believe me, watch he highlights last year, he has a long run for a td. Tyler also has a very good arm. He did well statistically last year for a TERRIBLE cheifs team.

Good pick up for the fins unfortunatley

Washington Post is reporting that the Dolphins have acquired QB Tyler Thigpen from the Chiefs. Seems unlikely he will play this weekend, but who knows. Thigpen actually played some very good games for the Chiefs last year. I was surprised he was relegated to 3d string this year.

My apologies. Your first post gives the impression that you based your opinion on one game. I also figured you were jumping on a member with a lower post count as the TBD Elite often does.

As for draft status, remind me where Tom Brady was drafted....

All is good.

Point taken about Brady*... you never know.

make fun of it all you want but at 0-3 at least dolphins are trying to improve.

Thigpen made a lot out of little last year in KC...

you have to be joking :lol: if Buffalo signed him all I'd read about is how cheap Ralph is when Garcia is right there ughhh u people piss me off :thumbsup:

and you completely missed the point

no i dont think i did. i believe you were trying to make the point to "bring in the name guy" but "thats not the wilson thing to do because it costs more" so, traditionally wilson would "bring in the under achieving journeyman type or cheap youth player" because thats Wilson's Modus operandi.

So back to this thread...

you seem to be inferring that i would be someone who would be mad we signed joruneyman cheaper thigpen when bigger name more expensive and proven garcia is still available.

how you got to this conversation i have no idea. but i need to go find where i put my johnnie walker...ughh

no i dont think i did. i believe you were trying to make the point to "bring in the name guy" but "thats not the wilson thing to do because it costs more" so, traditionally wilson would "bring in the under achieving journeyman type or cheap youth player" because thats Wilson's Modus operandi.

So back to this thread...

you seem to be inferring that i would be someone who would be mad we signed joruneyman cheaper thigpen when bigger name more expensive and proven garcia is still available.

how you got to this conversation i have no idea. but i need to go find where i put my johnnie walker...ughh

no that's not the point i was trying to make. I made the point that the dolphins brought a cheap no-name guy in instead of the big name guy (Garcia). You hail it as a move that shows the team is trying to improve. Wilson did the same thing by bring in Meredith instead of Runyan but alot of people on this board said it was Ralph being Ralph and (cheap). I PRAISED the move. Ralph IS NOT CHEAP. (when it comes to players...i'll give u coaches) Showing the hypocriticalness of the board. thats all i was pointing out, when another team makes a move it's cuz they are trying to improve but everything no matter what it is Ralph does appears to be wrong to this board, he can't win. Not saying he deserves the benifit of the doubt because this team has sucked the last decade but it's still hypocritical. The only thing I was inferring was that u think this is a move that shows the dolphins are trying to improve but the bills never sign anyone to try to improve and are just cheap. I could be completely wrong about you though, i was not trying to flame.