I'm Calling It Right Now

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron and his stellar 2-23 against teams with a winning record isn't going anywhere any time soon. (I'm assuming ne* & NO will have winning records at the end of the year and Tampa will not)

2-23 how pathetic is that???????????????

Come on Big Cat...tell me it isn't his fault...

Honestly, I don't have much faith in Dick being fired at any point in this season any maybe even before the end of his already-extended contract.

Last year as the Bills went down the drain I figured that the bright side of things would be that Dick couln't possibly be retained. A small part of me wanted things to go so badly that he'd have to be fired and the healing could begin. I figured losing 8 out of the last 10 games and going 0-6 in the division would seal his fate for sure, but that didn't happen.

If you can still be here after 3 years where you've never had even a .500 season, never beaten the Patriots, and won only 2 games against teams with winning records and you took a 5-1 season and completely tanked it in 2008, what's your confidence that any kind of coaching change would happen anytime soon?

Van Pelt gets Head Coach and playcalling until end of season when new coach is hired.

I like the part about Jauron getting canned, but I don't see Van Pelt being both H/Coach & OC. V/Pelt already stated that he likes to be removed from the sideline and in a box while handling OC duties. I don't know for sure, but I think the Bills may promote B. April to head coach as he stays on the sidelines during the game and seems to be a good interim choice. I would love to see Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher or anyone else that has prior H/C success on his resume and has a pulse!

D.J. is as energetic as the Tin Man in OZ and has about as much courage as the Lion ie: 4th down and punt when down by 2 scores with 7:43 left in the game? Anyways, I agree with you generally except for Van Pelt's promotion.

I'll personally drive Dick Jauron to the bus station and even pay his bus fare. I have no doubt Miami will beat us, even with Chad Henne at QB. We'll see more of the same in Landshark Stadium. Bad play calls, bad coaching decisions, bad decisions by the QB who if someone gets within 5 yards of him he panics and dumps the ball off regardless of down, distance or situation. We can't forget the inopportune penalties and turnovers plus don't discount the injury excuse. Good old Dick was throwing that around last night. The sad thing is, Bills also have had trouble with a bad Browns team. I'd say if they don't beat the Browns than thankfully DJ will be canned. I don't even give a darn who the coach is for the rest of the season. Bring back Marv Levy for all I care about that. ANYONE dead or alive is a better choice at this point. Harvey Johnson or John Rauch still alive?

Honestly, I don't have much faith in Dick being fired at any point in this season any maybe even before the end of his already-extended contract.

Last year as the Bills went down the drain I figured that the bright side of things would be that Dick couln't possibly be retained. A small part of me wanted things to go so badly that he'd have to be fired and the healing could begin. I figured losing 8 out of the last 10 games and going 0-6 in the division would seal his fate for sure, but that didn't happen.

If you can still be here after 3 years where you've never had even a .500 season, never beaten the Patriots, and won only 2 games against teams with winning records and you took a 5-1 season and completely tanked it in 2008, what's your confidence that any kind of coaching change would happen anytime soon?

Agreed. Ralph finally made the HOF, he doesn't care anymore. Like I said before, I think it'll have to get really ugly at the Ralph for him to make a move. If he's embarrassed by fan behavior, maybe something happens.

I don't care who coaches Trent, you cant change what he is 'captain checkdown'

That's bull ****. If you had a coach like Cowher or that fat pig Ryan that's coaching the Jet's you could absolutely change the behavior.

All that needs to happen is a head coach with the stones to say "If you throw another pass that doesn't go at least 20 yards I'm benching your ass".

That's bull ****. If you had a coach like Cowher or that fat pig Ryan that's coaching the Jet's you could absolutely change the behavior.

All that needs to happen is a head coach with the stones to say "If you throw another pass that doesn't go at least 20 yards I'm benching your ass".

Yep, absolutely correct. Pretty tough to blame Edwards for all of this mess when everyone on this list is ready run Jauron out of town. Mediocre coaching = mediocre performance by the players. Everyone forgets that it was the late Bill Walsh who recommended Trent Edwards. If we had a coach here with even half of Walsh's competence, I think Edwards and the rest of the team would be looking a lot better.

Meanwhile, until Ralph Wilson passes on to the next life, I don't expect much is going to change. Even if Jauron is shown the door, it will be another bargain basement coach taking his place. Ralph has never figured it out, and he won't now at this late, late stage of his life.

The Browns maybe, but they won't beat Miami.

Miami is a good team that has a brutal schedule; they've lost to Atlanta (2-1), Indy (3-0), and San Diego (2-1).

They also match up perfectly to stop Buffalo: they have an excellent run defense (which combats Buffalo's only discernable strength on offense) and can pressure the QB off the edge (where OT is clearly one of the 2 major weaknesses on offense). On top of that, Sporano is a good enough coach to get the ball into the hands of his playmakers often enough to score points, even if Buffalo's defense continues to play well (which I fully expect)...I don't mean to be a defeatist but I honestly don't see a game that Buffalo can play that will beat Miami.

I agree. I don't think we can score a TD against Miami's defense the way we are scared to throw down the field. I went to the Miami-Atlanta game and the fins D was tough accept they had noone to cover Gonzalez. We don't have a guy like Gonzalez, so how do we win any matchups? And our D will probably wilt in the heat, with Bryan Scott missing one of his tackles on a TE late in the game.

Even though it will prolly not happen I would imagine that Bobby April would take over... He is already the Assisstant HC!!

He only has that title so another team can't sign him away from the Bills by making him an assistant HC/special Teams. Another team can not interview your coach for the same postion.

Please tell me what you thought of the Redskins and Daniel Snyder when first they hired Jim Zorn to be the OC then promoted him to HC without ever even being an OC in Seattle. I am sure you laughed at yet another bad coaching move by Snyder. As it would be yet another horribly bad move to elevate AVP to HC by the Bills.

Let the season play out. DJ will either win his job back or lose it. He gets a 1 or 2 game fudge factor for the young o-line and again injuries. He finishes 7-9 or better and he will be back. Anything less and RW probably eats his contract.

I agree with you on all of your points and that is why I'm beyond depressed. Even if Wilson fires Jauron during or immediately after this season why should we think he will get it right? The only way to get this right is if he cans Brandon too or somehow Brandon hires a real football coach which I doubt.