The thing that i don't understand...

B Rob

The Bills had one of the best teams in the NFL 10-7 in the 4th quarter.A real chance to win the ball game with a very young team.And all most of you can do is talk **** about fire this person trade that an replace this.

This team has shown the 1st few weeks of this season that they are on the right path and deserve your support.This team is not as good as it will be later in the season.They compete with the best in the game and with some breaks today they might have won.

Give this team some time to come together.Be a fan and stop thinking you are smarter than the people running the team.

I know you have the right to B word but that is all most of you do.It is like some wierd need to be able to say see I told you so.Well guess what at the end of the season there are 31 teams out there that people like you will be able to finally be able say see I told you.Only one team gets to win it all and if people on this board thought that this team would do any more than compete for the play offs than maybe you should lower your expectations.

The Bills had one of the best teams in the NFL 10-7 in the 4th quarter.A real chance to win the ball game with a very young team.And all most of you can do is talk **** about fire this person trade that an replace this.

This team has shown the 1st few weeks of this season that they are on the right path and deserve your support.This team is not as good as it will be later in the season.They compete with the best in the game and with some breaks today they might have won.

Give this team some time to come together.Be a fan and stop thinking you are smarter than the people running the team.

I know you have the right to B word but that is all most of you do.It is like some wierd need to be able to say see I told you so.Well guess what at the end of the season there are 31 teams out there that people like you will be able to finally be able say see I told you.Only one team gets to win it all and if people on this board thought that this team would do any more than compete for the play offs than maybe you should lower your expectations.

But, that's just it....a new coach I believe will put them over the top....

You gotta completely overreact after every game. Apparently, you didn't get the message. :censored:

The offense sucked but he has been good the last 2 games. The defense played very well. This is a solid young team. But the complete overreaction to every game just gets so tiresome.

Keep the faith man and hopefully we can laugh at this nonsense in December.

Agree, B Rob. Waaahhh we lost a game. Waaahhh we suck.

Yeah we lost today, and, yeah we sucked today (though I would theme the day: "missed opportunities"), but does that mean that in week, say, 14 we'll suck? Maybe, maybe not. Why not sit back, enjoy the ride and take each game for what it was?

All we can do is hope they learn something (and learn to score some freaking points on O) and get ready to Squish the Fish. Let's hope Marshawn coming back provides a big boost...

Agree, B Rob. Waaahhh we lost a game. Waaahhh we suck.

Yeah we lost today, and, yeah we sucked today (though I would theme the day: "missed opportunities"), but does that mean that in week, say, 14 we'll suck? Maybe, maybe not. Why not sit back, enjoy the ride and take each game for what it was?

All we can do is hope they learn something (and learn to score some freaking points on O) and get ready to Squish the Fish. Let's hope Marshawn coming back provides a big boost...

Stop being positive. You need to whine more.

seriously, it was a great defensively gameplan and our offense let us down. They are young and have played well 2 out of 3 games. People need to get a grip.

You gotta completely overreact after every game. Apparently, you didn't get the message. :censored:

The offense sucked but he has been good the last 2 games. The defense played very well. This is a solid young team. But the complete overreaction to every game just gets so tiresome.

Keep the faith man and hopefully we can laugh at this nonsense in December.

When you see the same mistakes being made over and over it's not over-reaction. It's reality.

When it's 4th and 23,.. I don't want to see a 3 yard dump off pass. Maybe if you are drinking the Kool-aid that looks good, but to me it looks like you are giving up.

Meanwhile, the Jets trade up for Mark Sanchez and are 3-0.

Oh, yes, if this team doesn't learn to score, we ain't squishing **** next week. The Fish will run all over this defense, and there won't be any answers from the O if they play like THAT against a D like the Saints'. Hell, even Matthew FRICKING Stafford put up some points on them in his first NFL start. Not Commander Checkdown, though. No siree. 4th and forever, last play of the drive, he checks down.

:censored:

How the hell do all these other teams find QBs that come out and OWN as rookies and we can't find one who's even half-decent after THREE seasons?

How is this team young? Some parts of this team is young, but the core of the team has been together under Jauron for 3+ seasons.

Don't tell me that the Bills shouldn't expect to win with a young offensive line when the Jets are ripping up the league with a rookie HC and QB.

You're right, though, the Bills can't expect to win all the games against the good teams on its schedule. It would be nice, however, if they had manage to win MORE THAN ONE of these games over the past 3 seasons (and 3 games).

If you're a Bills fan, there is no better thing you can hope for than having your beloved franchise be put into the hands of a competent front office and coaching staff.

Baltimore, New York (Jets and Giants), Pittsburgh, and Atlanta all managed to do so for their fans. It would be nice if our HOF owner did the same for us fans.

Meanwhile, the Jets trade up for Mark Sanchez and are 3-0.

Oh, yes, if this team doesn't learn to score, we ain't squishing **** next week. The Fish will run all over this defense, and there won't be any answers from the O if they play like THAT against a D like the Saints'. Hell, even Matthew FRICKING Stafford put up some points on them in his first NFL start. Not Commander Checkdown, though. No siree. 4th and forever, last play of the drive, he checks down.

:censored:

How the hell do all these other teams find QBs that come out and OWN as rookies and we can't find one who's even half-decent after THREE seasons?

Trent Edwards had a winning record as a rookie. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaTr01.htm

It is all frustration. The ineptness that is displayed at times just get's to people. Not calling a time out before the two minute warning, fumbling a kickoff, fumbling a punt, forcing a throw to TO at the absolute worst time, missing a TD to TO at the worst time, not recovering an onside kick against Dallas, the 60 yard kick against Cleveland. For that matter losing at home against Pittsburgh's second string to miss out on the playoffs. It just all adds up. I don't even live there anymore but my brother's do. Buffalo is dying or already dead as a city. The Bills and Sabres is all they/we have.

Let them rant then cheer then rant again. Just don't swear at a kid at the game and don't drive home drunk.

In the end it is only words that noone cares about.

B Rob, I appreciate your input- I sincerely do.

I don't know how long you have been a fan. I started back in '88, so I grew to expect those Super Bowl teams and successes.

I've also been paying out of my arse for NFL Sunday Ticket for the past decade because I no longer live in NY, and it is growing old.

I mean, if not for the Bills, I probably would not put in the time and money in the NFL like I do now. I am a fan of the Bills. But when does this devotion become insanity?

Is it wrong to hope for something of a winning record and maybe a sniff at the playoffs?

Is the past 10 years of devotion to losing football a price any fan worth his salt must pay, or is this a time when a good 'ol refusal to pay for and accept losing.

I mean, if you want to keep paying for mediocrity for the sake of fandom, be my guest. But Ralph and the powers that be need to see a collective drop in the pocket book to wake up and take this seriously.

Trent Edwards had a winning record as a rookie. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaTr01.htm

Really? Seriously?

Let's compare impact on the team. Roethlisberger: starts whole season, AFC Championship Game.

Ryan: Starts whole season, NFC Playoffs

Flacco: Starts whole season, AFC Championship Game

Sanchez: 3-0 and on the way to a division title.

Edwards: "winning record," no postseason, no one fears him. And now, he's a checkdown machine.

We have a lot of good young players and have finally drafted some good lineman. In order to take advantage of that good young talent, we need better coaching. I think that's obvious, and is something that should be said.

Just blindly cheering about moral victories isn't what a message board like this is all about IMO. You come here to discuss how to make the team better. And getting a legitimate head coach would lead to actual victories, not just moral ones.

"Give this team some time to come together." 10 plus years is not sufficent for an organzation to come together and make the playoffs? Perhaps, we should give them 20 years and maybe then they can put a playoff team "together"! I think we have been more than patient!

The defense played a great game and I believe the Bills will still do good this season however the fact is the Bills offense got shutout by an average defense.

Gotta give Williams credit. He took advantage of a young oline and coached a hell of game. Edwards palyed badly and we missed some opportunites. Still excited about this team's potnetial this year though.

Yes, we have seen this same game about 10 times the past 3 years, and our record in them is 0-10...that is the problem. There is no forward progress to speak of, just more of the same crap.

Gotta give Williams credit. He took advantage of a young oline and coached a hell of game. Edwards palyed badly and we missed some opportunites. Still excited about this team's potnetial this year though.

This team will not win 5 games this year.

Stop being positive. You need to whine more.

seriously, it was a great defensively gameplan and our offense let us down. They are young and have played well 2 out of 3 games. People need to get a grip.

When in the last three years has the offense come through? Zero points today.... I know you want to be Mr. sunshine but this offense has shown no change in three years.

Were we watching the same game, might have won????? the offense never scored a point, only the special teams did. So in what world does that make an almost win??? Hello welcome back to reality... where the bills did nothing even close to winning that game. That was a painful game to watch. The only team that played worse today than buffalo than i seen was the only team we beat this year.

good thing no other team the Bills will play will watch the tape and copy what Williams did.

Another tough loss to take. Really a shame because the Bills were in this game and could have won it. The offense went south after that fluke INT, which killed a good drive.

Edwards play was bad in the 2nd half. The offensive playcalling was not creative at all. The shotgun snaps were always going to Trent's feet, and the Bills committed 12 penalties.

The Bills defense did everything they could to keep them in this game. Drew Brees was rattled as the Bills got pressure on him. Yet the defense was on the field far too long.

Still, there is a lot of season left to go. Next week is a pivotal game for the Bills. A chance to end the losing streak against divison opponents and to put the Dolphins in a real deep hole. A chance to become 2-2 with Cleveland on the horizon would be huge.

HA! I don't know, seeing as Edwards has managed to throw, what, 9 passes in 3 games? Now if he'd thrown 20, 30, and TO had 15-20 drops, then I could see this criticism.

0-5 today, of which only one pass was off-target. I can think of three otherwise that have bounced off his hands. Five receptions in three games. And that's just in the passing game...never mind how he was completely dogging it today on running plays.

If Josh Reed were putting forth this kind of effort and production, you'd be absolutely bug!@#$ ballistic over it. (Reed, btw, has twice the receptions as Owens...and last I checked, Reed IS a WR. Kind-of puts a crimp in the whole "Edwards doesn't throw to receivers" argument. :censored:)

People can take what they want from this game - either optimism for a young team and yet another moral victory to hang on mommy's refrigerator before going to Dairy Queen, or a disappointing performance against a team that did everything they could to put the Bills in a position to win.

But you can't fault people for being a little pissy after the game. We've seen glimmers of hope before that never come to a bright fruition, or seem to get offset by coaching decisions that just leave you scratching your head. Being a Bills fan for the three decades that I have gives me a platinum card line of credit for whining, and I'm gonna use it.

I've never been a Trent basher, per se, but today was a big step backwards. When your D keeps you in the game against a great offense and you fail on 10 or so straight 3rd down conversions against a subpar Defense, it can't be all coaching, the line or WR drops..although this team collectively sh*t the bed on offense today. A good deal of this has to fall on Trent's shoulders and this is the type of game a progressing QB shouldn't have.

A lot of the frustration stems from all of us seeing Jauron on the sidelines. That casts a shadow over everything this team does this year. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That is what watching Jauron feels like. And just seeing inept game management combined with a lack of huevos is so hard to watch every week. I think this organization and its fans just expect the team to find a way to lose.

Even if we have the pieces in place to build a Rolls Royce, we're letting Ted Kennedy drive it.

Over the past 5 years the Bills have had many stretches where they lead fans to believe that they are on the right path, however, they never really improve. Every year they do just enough to keep fans hanging on, all the while remaining mediocre at best.

Just look at '04 season where they finished the year 9-7, just missing the playoffs after the season ending loss to Pittsburgh. Everyone thought that next year was the year, and that after ripping off 9 wins in 12 games, the Bills had too much momentum to miss the playoffs in '05. After all, if the Bills could have caught a break against the Jags in the season opener they would have made the playoffs. However, the Bills then go 5-11 in '05 and all hope is lost.

That is until the Bills bring in Dick Jauron in 06', and the Bills finish 7-9. There's hope!! The Bills go 5-4 down the stretch...losing to Indy by 1, to the Chargers by 3, and to the Titans by 1. All Buffalo Bills fans are optimistic heading into '07....after all, if they only got a couple of breaks they could have made the playoffs. Hell they competed with the best in Indy and almost handed them their first loss...too bad we didnt catch any breaks in that game.

Then in '07 Losman starts the season off shaky and the fans start losing hope....until golden boy Trent Edwards comes in and finishes the season 5-4 as the starter. The optimism lost due to the dismal start of the season is regained.... "if only Trent was the starter the whole season the Bills could have made a playoff run". And dont forget...the Bills competed with the "best" at the time, losing a heartbreaker to the Cowboys...too bad they couldnt catch a break in that game either.

In '08 the Bills finally start the season off hot...winning their first 4 games. But just like always, the Bills lose a heartbreaker to the Browns...if only they caught a couple of breaks. Not only do they lose to the Browns in a heartbreaker, but Trent Edwards gets hurt and J.P Losman leads the Bills to a couple of losses. Bills fans everywhere believe that if only Trent was playing during those games (i.e; Jets game), the Bills could have made a playoff run.

Sorry for the rant...and I do agree that the Bills seem as if they are on the right track...with our o-line, backs, and young d. But the past says a lot and it seems as if there are 3 constants with the Bills....1.) They always add/lose an equal amount of talent each year...they never improve their overall roster over the offseason. 2.) They have at least one heartbreaking loss a year. 3.) They never improve over the course of the year...they are the most sporadic team in the NFL. They are never consistently terrible or amazing...just average.

Finally the Over/Under for people who will read this entire post is set at 2.

Over the past 5 years the Bills have had many stretches where they lead fans to believe that they are on the right path, however, they never really improve. Every year they do just enough to keep fans hanging on, all the while remaining mediocre at best.

Just look at '04 season where they finished the season 9-7, just missing the playoffs after the season ending loss to Pittsburgh. Everyone thought that next year was the year, and that after ripping off 10 wins in 12 games, the Bills had too much momentum to miss the playoffs in '05. After all, if the Bills could of caught a break against the Jags in the season opener they would have made the playoffs. However, the Bills then go 5-11 in '05 and all hope is lost.

That is until the Bills bring in Dick Jauron in 06', and the Bills finish 7-9. There's hope!! The Bills go 5-4 down the stretch...losing to Indy by 1, to the Chargers by 3, and to the Titans by 1. All Buffalo Bills fans are optimistic heading into '07....after all, if they only got a couple of breaks they could have made the playoffs. Hell they competed with the best in Indy and almost handed them their first loss...too bad we didnt catch any breaks in that game.

Then in '07 Losman starts the season off shaky and the fans start losing hope....until golden boy Trent Edwards comes in finishes the season 5-4 as the starter. The optimism lost due to the dismal start of the season is regained.... "if only Trent was the starter the whole season the Bills could have made a playoff run". And dont forget...the Bills competed with the "best" at the time, losing a heartbreaker to the Cowboys...too bad they couldnt catch a break in that game either.

In '08 the Bills finally start the season off hot...winning their first 4 games. But just like always, the Bills lose a heartbreaker to the Browns...if only they caught a couple of breaks. Not only do they lose to the Browns in a heartbreaker, but Trent Edwards gets hurt and J.P Losman leads the Bills to a couple of losses. Bills fans everywhere believe that if only Trent was playing during those games (i.e; Jets game), the Bills could have made a playoff run.

Sorry for the rant...and I do agree that the Bills seem as if they are on the right track...with our o-line, backs, and young d. But the past says a lot and it seems as if there are 3 constants with the Bills....1.) They always add/lose an equal amount of talent each year...they never improve their overall roster over the offseason. 2.) They have at least one heartbreaking loss a year. 3.) They never improve over the course of the year...they are the most sporadic team in the NFL. They are never consistently terrible or amazing...just average.

+1 (only two more to go)

Just look at '04 season where they finished the season 9-7, just missing the playoffs after the season ending loss to Pittsburgh. Everyone thought that next year was the year, and that after ripping off 10 wins in 12 games, the Bills had too much momentum to miss the playoffs in '05. After all, if the Bills could of caught a break against the Jags in the season opener they would have made the playoffs. However, the Bills then go 5-11 in '05 and all hope is lost.

Then in '07 Losman starts the season off shaky and the fans start losing hope....until golden boy Trent Edwards comes in finishes the season 5-4 as the starter. The optimism lost due to the dismal start of the season is regained.... "if only Trent was the starter the whole season the Bills could have made a playoff run". And dont forget...the Bills competed with the "best" at the time, losing a heartbreaker to the Cowboys...too bad they couldnt catch a break in that game either.

2 have read it!!...7-9 in 09--take it to the bank

That's a really good summary of the last four years. You get to the point where you feel torn as a Bills fan. You don't want to give up on them, as you want to think of yourself as a loyal fan, and they always seem to be just a little (potentially achieavable) bit short of where they need to be to step up to the playoff contender level. At the same time, part of you feels short changed, like maybe you've been playing the sucker. It seems being a Bills fan means you stay conflicted (afflicted might be a better word).

The Bills have been a tease for the last 3 years and are the same team today. They play close with good teams but always find a way to lose. I would buy the argument that this is a young team on the rise that needs a few breaks if this was year 1, but not year 4. The time for excuses has past.

That's a really good summary of the last four years. You get to the point where you feel torn as a Bills fan. You don't want to give up on them, as you want to think of yourself as a loyal fan, and they always seem to be just a little (potentially achieavable) bit short of where they need to be to step up to the playoff contender level. At the same time, part of you feels short changed, like maybe you've been playing the sucker. It seems being a Bills fan means you stay conflicted (afflicted might be a better word).

Your post pretty much sums up the thoughts and feelings of my demographic (18-24) in regards to the Bills. I have been a dedicated Bills fan since around 13 (haven't missed a game), and while I watched the games as a kid, I had relativley no emotional investment in the games. As a 21 year old, my main memories of the Bills have been formed over the past 8 years...there is no optimism...no fond memories of the Super Bowl days. That's why many people my age may seem pessimistic about the Bills...but to us its being a realist.