A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

All the factors? Okay, NO could have had a 3 and out, they could have turned the ball over. Did they? No, but I did consider all the factors aside from time.

True that could have happened. But Percentage-wise going for it gave us the higher probability of success. I don't have any links to back this up. I only have game watching experience to back it up. I've seen a lot of games, as i'm sure u have too. And i've been in games where i've seen this situation come up and punting has never ceased to give me nightmares cause of it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. I was lambasted and censored for my outrage at Dick's retention. Just another example of the very long list of issues that I end up being right about.

Some things take time to hash out. This board was crazy about the 2006 draft...until recently. Really 2 decent players in Whitner and Williams. Aside from that is pretty much garbage.

Smart educated fans knew when DJ was hired in early 2006 that he was bad. And nearly four years later he's confirmed what smart people already knew. But we're supposed to give it time before we can draw a conclusion. Yeah, whatever.

Some things take time to hash out. This board was crazy about the 2006 draft...until recently. Really 2 decent players in Whitner and Williams. Aside from that is pretty much garbage.

Smart educated fans knew when DJ was hired in early 2006 that he was bad. And nearly four years later he's confirmed what smart people already knew. But we're supposed to give it time before we can draw a conclusion. Yeah, whatever.

Great post as usual BV.

I am ready to call Kyle Williams a great pick in the 5th round. Whitner, a "decent", or maybe even good player was the 8th player selected in the draft. This was idiocy then and remains as such.

Great post as usual BV.

I am ready to call Kyle Williams a great pick in the 5th round. Whitner, a "decent", or maybe even good player was the 8th player selected in the draft. This was idiocy then and remains as such.

I was at the game today, and man did it remind me of late last season when the team self-destructed in the final ten games.

Fans can say TD set this franchise back, and he did. The 04 and 05 drafts were a disaster aside from Evans. But Marv and DJ followed those up with drafts which focused on smaller players. When they did take a lineman, it was McCargo who is a complete bust and on this team because they're thin at DT.

The Bills are 22-29 since Levy's hiring. Just like TD's era hurt the current, so too did the 06-current era when we effectively had no true GM.

Guest dog14787
I was at the game today, and man did it remind me of late last season when the team self-destructed in the final ten games.

Fans can say TD set this franchise back, and he did. The 04 and 05 drafts were a disaster aside from Evans. But Marv and DJ followed those up with drafts which focused on smaller players. When they did take a lineman, it was McCargo who is a complete bust and on this team because they're thin at DT.

The Bills are 22-29 since Levy's hiring. Just like TD's era hurt the current, so too did the 06-current era when we effectively had no true GM.

We played one bad game out of three against a real good opponent, I predicted 2-2 at the quarter way point and I believe that's just where we will be sitting.

Little early to be hitting the self destruct button don't you think, O-line will play better next week in Miami, they just need time.

The Superbowl Champs are sitting at 1-2 and the Titans are 0-3, Fish 0-3, its going to be a dog fight all year long for everyone in my opinion.(misery loves company)

You seem like a very good guy, and i consider you an asset to this board. That said, the above was just so outrageous that there really is not much I can say in response.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, thanks for the words. I will agree to disagree with you on this point though. I have been burnt in the past by supporting our choice of QB and this time around am waiting to make my judgment after enough evidence. I really want TE to succeed, if not for anything else but to the near term health of our franchise. But since last year, that evidence has been difficult to find or inconsistently present at best. This was a home game, in good conditions (albeit a bit windy) and should have been a great opportunity to use all sections of the field. I just find it frustrating that we operate in such a small portion of it and have a tough time believing that it is because of a lack of receiving talent. OL perhaps (we should have all expected 'growing pains') but today it seemed more on Trent than the OL.

The problem was more with the amateurish OTs than with Trent, who admittedly had a bad day. If you could get over your love for JP you would be able to view NFL football in a much more objective way.

If you could get over your love for Captain Checkdown you would be able to view NFL football in a much more objective way.

I respectfully remind you that run blocking is WAY easier for blockers to do than pass blocking. Think about it.....on a run, blockers know the count. They can fire out and hit people. On passing downs, they are backing up and geting hit.

I was worried about Levitre, but he is playing a good, physical game. Hangartner's snaps were high school level and this is a concern. Wood screwed up. This is to be expected but I like this kid. Again, our best blockers are rookie guards and our OTs are sub-par bags of ****. Consider this for a moment if you will.

Run blocking is absolutely easier and last year's crew couldn't do it for spit. Dead on about Hangartner's snaps. I like Wood too--just pointing out that he sucked today along with everyone else on offense.

You know I've been on Trent's side but this Captain Checkdown stuff is getting really old. I've never seen a QB less able/willing to throw to WRs.

You know it's bad when Kelsay is the best news of the day. Well, that and that Jauron is one game closer to being fired.

My thoughts about the game...

A) Where was the O-line today? Or at least the plans to deal with the pass rush/blitz?

B) How many low snaps did TE have to deal with today?

C) Damn the defense kept us in that game, they played great. I would imagine were just to tired in the end.

D) I have been a huge fan of TE since he came on board. I am wondering what's going on... why the check downs? Why isn't there a play that we can execute to keep the defense from blitzing every other play?

Defense I give a - B. Offense - F. Coaching - F.

Side note: Good for TO keeping his emotions in check... I don't blame him for being pissed.

Side note: Good for TO keeping his emotions in check... I don't blame him for being pissed.

Disagree. If he keeps his emotions in check, he will give up and it seems he's starting to already. He's a fiery player. I'd rather have him shouting from the mountains and getting some balls thrown at him than what is happening now.

You know it's bad when Kelsay is the best news of the day. Well, that and that Jauron is one game closer to being fired.

Very true, and they even tried to dump him before the season.

Once again, this is a soft, weak team. The running back who gained all those yards didn't even have a carry this season coming into the game. Losing Poz hurt a ton, but our DTs other than Stroud just aren't good. Like everyone else, I praise the effort of Kyle Williams, but imo he is more of a rotational player. The OTs? Nothing short of ugly, and not likely to improve imo.

Levitre and Wood might be the start of heading this franchise in the right direction, but the Bills will never be anything but losers until the team is one that is tough, like the fans. And Jauron is a walking death sentence to any hope of the Bills being tough guys. His game is finesse and cowardice.

AVP did a crappy job today. I am still waiting for NO to stop Jackson on a running play.

Trent was awful.

O-line was too but give them credit Bill: They are a much much better run-blocking team than they were last year and on pass-protection, they are worse at the edges but stronger up the middle. Today, they sucked everywhere. Wood's worst game yet.

TO is quitting on this team. You can see it.

I think Trent and AVP quit on TO.

Edwards looked as bad as he did against Cleveland last year. This offense was pathetic yesterday, you have two of the better WR's in the league and you can't get them the ball at all? Van Pelt really needs to look at himself in the mirror this morning and ask himself if he's good enough to be a coordinator yet and Captain Checkdown needs to grow a pair and try to get the ball to Evans and TO.

Edwards looked as bad as he did against Cleveland last year. This offense was pathetic yesterday, you have two of the better WR's in the league and you can't get them the ball at all? Van Pelt really needs to look at himself in the mirror this morning and ask himself if he's good enough to be a coordinator yet and Captain Checkdown needs to grow a pair and try to get the ball to Evans and TO.

Quick slant to TO. Quick slant to TO. Quick slant to TO. OR let him run across the middle of the field instead of the TE for a change. Leave the TE in to block and run 2 WRs out. Somehow, some way, get the WRs not named Reed the ball. I don't even remember who Lee Evans is anymore.

I saw the DB giving TO 10 yards at the LOS several times. Just audible to a slant and get him the damn ball.

AVP also gave up on Jackson yesterday. Except the 1st quarter, the Saints did not stop him.

Very true, and they even tried to dump him before the season.

Once again, this is a soft, weak team. The running back who gained all those yards didn't even have a carry this season coming into the game. Losing Poz hurt a ton, but our DTs other than Stroud just aren't good. Like everyone else, I praise the effort of Kyle Williams, but imo he is more of a rotational player. The OTs? Nothing short of ugly, and not likely to improve imo.

Levitre and Wood might be the start of heading this franchise in the right direction, but the Bills will never be anything but losers until the team is one that is tough, like the fans. And Jauron is a walking death sentence to any hope of the Bills being tough guys. His game is finesse and cowardice.

Cry and whine about the OTs all you want, but the saints got plenty of push right the gut of our offensive line today. No one on the front 5 played a very good game.

I've jumped off of the Edwards bandwagon. None of his starts have impressed me this season. Same old player as last year. Beats bad teams well. Looks lost against any good team (good coaching). He played well against NE, sure, but I still would give that gameball to Jackson over Trent. He still goes for the underneath receiver every chance he has.

Trent and AVP can't quit on something they never tried to do in the first place. Now, I will admit, I have not been at the games so I haven't seen TO in every play (its obviously tough to watch individual players on every down via the TV). But, I very much doubt he is dogging it every play. He is playing for his career.