A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

I agree, the thing that is killing us right now is penalties and mistakes, they can be fixed, especially with a young and hungry team...look what kind of depth we have...no Lynch, Jackson steps up, Mckelvin/Whitner go down, florence plays lights out...Poz goes out, Buggs fills in admirably. For a team that was picked for dead preseason, we have played better than anyone could have hoped or expected....could Edwards do more...hell yes...I think this team is heading in the right direction....anyone who expected us to be anywhere other then 1-2 at this point is seriously delusional....

What games have you been watching? We should have won against the Pats, and we held the best offense in the league to 27 points (10 off of turnovers) and the best QB in the league to NO TD's. We are very close, very close to putting this together.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, and they even tried to dump him before the season.

Once again, this is a soft, weak team. The running back who gained all those yards didn't even have a carry this season coming into the game. Losing Poz hurt a ton, but our DTs other than Stroud just aren't good. Like everyone else, I praise the effort of Kyle Williams, but imo he is more of a rotational player. The OTs? Nothing short of ugly, and not likely to improve imo.

Levitre and Wood might be the start of heading this franchise in the right direction, but the Bills will never be anything but losers until the team is one that is tough, like the fans. And Jauron is a walking death sentence to any hope of the Bills being tough guys. His game is finesse and cowardice.

That's because he was coming back from an injury. Thomas was their leading rusher last season.

I agree, the thing that is killing us right now is penalties and mistakes, they can be fixed, especially with a young and hungry team...look what kind of depth we have...no Lynch, Jackson steps up, Mckelvin/Whitner go down, florence plays lights out...Poz goes out, Buggs fills in admirably. For a team that was picked for dead preseason, we have played better than anyone could have hoped or expected....could Edwards do more...hell yes...I think this team is heading in the right direction....anyone who expected us to be anywhere other then 1-2 at this point is seriously delusional....

Buggs is barely on the field, and isn't featured when the team goes to 5 DB sets. He, like the other backup LB's, is another UDFA or rookie with very little experience. This roster is rounded out with these low cost options, who, when the inevitable injury occurs, cannot possibly fill in at a decent level.

I can't understand for the life of me why what we've seen is good enough for some people. It's almost like there is this instant rationalization of failure as a way to make one feel better about mediocrity. They should be 2-1 and favored in Miami.

Once again, if a team rebuilds for 4 off-seasons and doesn't make the playoffs in the fourth one, how is that successful? Can anyone say this franchise is headed in the right direction? I sure can't.

Cry and whine about the OTs all you want, but the saints got plenty of push right the gut of our offensive line today. No one on the front 5 played a very good game.

One would expect this from rookies. I go out of my way to praise the fact that we drafted 2 early round guards this year. It was long overdue, but I won't back down from my position that we need LOTS of help at OT and DT.

I am thinking that you agree.

Yeah mitchell did wonders for them..he was the one who caught that amazing pass at the end of the game. Nice try.

What does this have to do with Mitchell? Just because of that play doesnt mean Mitchell wasnt a very valuable part of that defense. I am friends with Antonio Pierce (knew him from college and also helped him with his house here in LA) and let me say, he really didnt want to see them lose Mitchell. He kept telling me how good of a signing he was for us when we got him and how it was a big blow to their defense.

Of course, rather than just appreciating the compliment of Mitchell in this post, I am sure I am going to get flamed for the "unbelievable" claim I know Antonio as if knowing an NFL player is so far fetched...so flame on...

What games have you been watching? We should have won against the Pats, and we held the best offense in the league to 27 points (10 off of turnovers) and the best QB in the league to NO TD's. We are very close, very close to putting this together.

Yeah, sure, but we are JUST as close to losing every close game from now until the end of the season. Just as close.

i think i am being a realist....i never expected this team to be much better than .500, i am not happy with that, but i know what we had last year and i knew coming in we were going to have a large learning curve, running a new offense with a lot of new and young players, a new OC, a wild card 'stud' in a veteran WR, and a star running back sitting on the bench for the 1st few games. we are showing signs of life....people complain about TE not getting the ball to TO, yet look at what TO's mere presence has done for Fred Jackson and out tight ends. at the beginning of this season anyone that thought we would be 2-1 would have been hung in effigy for being so unrealistic. now in hindsight we can say we could have should have, but there is still work to be done. I am not a football expert like many on this board appear to be. i am just a fan, and I try to look at it objectively, as objective as a fan can be. When I see them start playing like the Bills of last year, or if i don't see a reduction in stupid mistakes(penalties, turnovers, dropped passes) then I will start to B word and moan, until then, I am gonna keep cheering and hope the stars align and we can get past the injuries....

hey, it keeps me from going insane.... :thumbdown:

Buggs is barely on the field, and isn't featured when the team goes to 5 DB sets. He, like the other backup LB's, is another UDFA or rookie with very little experience. This roster is rounded out with these low cost options, who, when the inevitable injury occurs, cannot possibly fill in at a decent level.

I can't understand for the life of me why what we've seen is good enough for some people. It's almost like there is this instant rationalization of failure as a way to make one feel better about mediocrity. They should be 2-1 and favored in Miami.

Once again, if a team rebuilds for 4 off-seasons and doesn't make the playoffs in the fourth one, how is that successful? Can anyone say this franchise is headed in the right direction? I sure can't.