For those who think the Bills are a mess ...

dave mcbride

Browns rookie cornerback Coye Francies, the victim of a rookie prank, lost his temper in the locker room Friday, heaving a bucket of ice water at teammates and taking a swing at safety Abe Elam. Just after the media entered the locker room for the interview period, Francies came bursting in, dripping wet and carrying a bucket full of ice and water. At first, it looked like he might be playing around, but soon it became apparent that he wanted revenge on his fellow defensive backs for getting him soaked.

Cleveland Plain Dealer

Browns rookie cornerback Coye Francies, the victim of a rookie prank, lost his temper in the locker room Friday, heaving a bucket of ice water at teammates and taking a swing at safety Abe Elam. Just after the media entered the locker room for the interview period, Francies came bursting in, dripping wet and carrying a bucket full of ice and water. At first, it looked like he might be playing around, but soon it became apparent that he wanted revenge on his fellow defensive backs for getting him soaked.

Cleveland Plain Dealer

It might be what that team needs to win. More nasty players.

Professional, multi-millionaire NFL players hazing each other like college fraternity brothers is ridiculous. Can you imagine if people in other professions got hazed when they first started working? Doctors? Laywers? Teachers?

Truth be told, I think I would like my job better if we could do that when we hired someone new. Most of the people I work with are pretty free flying as it is so we joke with each other a lot but Doctors, Lawyers and teachers are some professions that require professionalism all the time.

Professional, multi-millionaire NFL players hazing each other like college fraternity brothers is ridiculous. Can you imagine if people in other professions got hazed when they first started working? Doctors? Laywers? Teachers?

Who tinkled in your cornflakes?!

It is a tradition (of sorts), a right of passage that dates back to before these guys were "multi-millionaires". You were hazed when you were a rookie...now you get to do the hazing sort of thing. Just because it never became a part of the culture of other professions means nothing. Although the NFL has become much more a of a "professional" business over the last decade, it is what it is. Young men being paid to play a sport...It doesn't merit the same professionalism or decorum of the above referenced professions...

Right or wrong...its an ingrained part of the culture of the sport/league.