Typical cheap Wilson move

HT02

I can't stand it; will Wilson ever spend some money on this team? Runyon is a proven tough vet, but instead we sign a no-name unproven rookie. The rebuilding project that will never, never, never, end.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would we sign Runyan? None of the other 31 teams have...he is past his prime... why don't we sign Marvin Harrison today. I am sick of people bitching about who we wont sign when no one else signs them either. I can guarentee its not cost.

Maybe some of these guys that sound good wont fit our system, or don't have left what it takes to play a full year?

Welcome to the board - why just speculate that Wilson is cheap? Do you know that Runyon is healthy? Do you know that he even expressed any interest in being a part of the Bills team? He may also just be slowed by time and injury. Keep in mind the no huddle requires players to be in very goof "football" shape. How long will it take Runyon to get there? It could be several weeks so what good does it do to sign him if so.

Try not to simply jump on the "Ralph is cheap" bandwagon without considering all of the other possibilities.

The Eagles, with whom he's like a legend, had their starting RT go down. Runyan, their most prolific RT, was brought in to talk to and work out.

Even they didn't sign him.

Why the hell would we? Furthermore, even if he was okay, he's ancient. I'd rather have a rookie that was drafted and considered one of the top 10 OT's in the draft than a guy whose got over 11 seasons in the NFL.

...... oh, I forgot. "I've heard of him!" :rolleyes:

Go watch this video and bugger off:

I can't stand it; will Wilson ever spend some money on this team? Runyon is a proven tough vet, but instead we sign a no-name unproven rookie. The rebuilding project that will never, never, never, end.

Quit beating a dead horse. You obviously don't have a clue. In other words, STFU with this nonsense. Next time I hear this crap I'll take you to the cyber woodshed and not sugarcoat my comments!

Bull - Meridith is a much better acquisition....By the time our line is together (another year), Runyon is done.

and you know Runyan is healthy and ready to step right in and start because you have seen him practice.......All Runyan has proven since last year is that he is recovering from major knee surgery and many teams that need line help have not signed him. You are on probation. Please stay quiet a little longer.

Why the hell would we sign Runyan? None of the other 31 teams have...he is past his prime... why don't we sign Marvin Harrison today. I am sick of people bitching about who we wont sign when no one else signs them either. I can guarentee its not cost.

Maybe some of these guys that sound good wont fit our system, or don't have left what it takes to play a full year?

None of the 31 other teams signed the guys we did either. They didn't seem like real hot commodities. I hope they work out great but how can you guarantee that cost wasn't an issue? Ralph's track record (not to mention W/L record) over 50 years says otherwise.

I agree with the first post. Right on the money. Not necessarily sign Runyan but sign a a veteran OL. It IS all about saving money. If you don't think so, you are fooling yourselves just like you are that the Bills have a good team. Don't cry when they are 2-5 and come back saying they should have signed a veteran OL. Inexperience = cheap. Scott has started 6 games. Bell, Wood & Levitre 6 combined. Hangartner 29. Sign a guy with potential off another team's practice squad is all well and good but it doesn't help now. Over the next few weeks it will become apparent that the inexperience on the O-Line will hurt us this year. Same thing at LB. Buggs. Whoo hoo. Undersized and inexperienced. Did they sign a veteran LB while Poz is out? Hell no. Why spend any money? Are they trying to win now? I have to say no. Time will tell.

I agree with the first post. Right on the money. Not necessarily sign Runyan but sign a a veteran OL. It IS all about saving money. If you don't think so, you are fooling yourselves just like you are that the Bills have a good team. Don't cry when they are 2-5 and come back saying they should have signed a veteran OL. Inexperience = cheap. Scott has started 6 games. Bell, Wood & Levitre 6 combined. Hangartner 29. Sign a guy with potential off another team's practice squad is all well and good but it doesn't help now. Over the next few weeks it will become apparent that the inexperience on the O-Line will hurt us this year. Same thing at LB. Buggs. Whoo hoo. Undersized and inexperienced. Did they sign a veteran LB while Poz is out? Hell no. Why spend any money? Are they trying to win now? I have to say no. Time will tell.

So if the younger player is more talented you would still prefer an inferior player just because he is a veteran? I don't understand that type of thinking. By that logic you would prefer Peters, Dockery and Walker were still on the team because they are veterans?

And I presume your way for the young guys to become 'experienced' is to sit on the bench and watch an inferior, less talented vet get beat?

This young team is a dynasty in the making...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :rolleyes:

They won last Sunday and am betting they are going to try to win this Sunday.