$10 mil/yr decoy??

Tcali

Without him this offense is a lot worse. The only reason we have anything open, long or underneath is because of two viable threats on the outside. So, yes, it may be an expensive touchdown, but wouldn't an expensive incompletion or loss be worse?

Without him this offense is a lot worse. The only reason we have anything open, long or underneath is because of two viable threats on the outside. So, yes, it may be an expensive touchdown, but wouldn't an expensive incompletion or loss be worse?

yes i agree with you. but i just think for 10 mil/yr we should be getting more

oh i forgot--thats an expensive touchdown

Trent also threw another deep pass to him in the 2nd Q (incomplete) and he was the target when Trent overthrew him for the INT.

I guess if you think a WR only has value when he catches TD passes, then, yes I guess he was expensive today. But the TD pass and the two other attempts to Lee down the field is what the Bills need to do to loosen up the D. Did you notice Owens had single coverage (no Safety help, either) on the TD? Does that happen without Lee on the other side?

oh i forgot--thats an expensive touchdown--he was a dominating presence out there today with that one catch

X's and O's perspective.....

TO and LEE are the focus of the opposing defense.....which is allowing us to make plays underneath.

He SHOULD have had two touchdowns today.....he had one.

We won.....

Trent also threw another deep pass to him in the 2nd Q (incomplete) and he was the target when Trent overthrew him for the INT.

I guess if you think a WR only has value when he catches TD passes, then, yes I guess he was expensive today. But the TD pass and the two other attempts to Lee down the field is what the Bills need to do to loosen up the D. Did you notice Owens had single coverage (no Safety help, either) on the TD? Does that happen without Lee on the other side?

I didnt say that he only has value when catches TD passes. Thats a strretch.Of coourse he has value. Of course he makes the team better. I just think that 10 mil should = dominant player..thats all

I didnt say that he only has value when catches TD passes. Thats a strretch.Of coourse he has value. Of course he makes the team better. I just think that 10 mil should = dominant player..thats all

You asked if he played today. It was an ignorant comment.

oh i forgot--thats an expensive touchdown--he was a dominating presence out there today with that one catch

Instead of making this reply you really should've just closed the thread. This is embarrassing.

yes i agree with you. but i just think for 10 mil/yr we should be getting more

I've never understood this argument. Do you pay his salary from your own pocket? If we cut Evans today to save the $10M, would we be able to get a better replacement player? The answer to both of those is NO, so who gives a frak?

agreed..I also wonder why these ppl are so worried about how much a player makes.. :lol:

Agreed. I've always thought it was an odd thing to be going on about when you're watching football. :thumbsup:

Interestingly enough it usually comes from folks who pay less attention to what actually happens on teh field, than to whatever axe it is they have to grind.

I'll get flames for this, whatever.

It would sure be nice to see Lee fight for a ball now and then. There was one somewhat shortly thrown pass early that lee dropped, thinking how it just made me appreciate L Fitzgerald even more: Larry would have punched that DB's grandmother to walk off the field with that ball.

I'll get flames for this, whatever.

It would sure be nice to see Lee fight for a ball now and then. There was one somewhat shortly thrown pass early that lee dropped, thinking how it just made me appreciate L Fitzgerald even more: Larry would have punched that DB's grandmother to walk off the field with that ball.

I'm not gonna flame you for that.

Criticism like that, or comments like I saw from R. Rich about Evans' subpar route-running, are actual observations about the football game and thus have nothing in common with the OP of this thread.

Agreed. I've always thought it was an odd thing to be going on about when you're watching football. :lol:

Interestingly enough it usually comes from folks who pay less attention to what actually happens on teh field, than to whatever axe it is they have to grind.

Well they eat up salary space and fans, like myself, wonder what other talent we could have other than the money he got. He realistically is worth about $4 mil a year and I said so before he signed that extension and justified his bloated contract.

I would rather have paid him $4 mil or let him walk and pay for a guy like Boldin in a trade when he wanted out or a great TE as this offense is geared for a great TE rather than a decent #2 like Evans.

He should have caught that TD pass he missed today. Good receivers get that pass, great ones just get it, and mediocre ones sometimes do and sometimes don't.

Well they eat up salary space and fans, like myself, wonder what other talent we could have other than the money he got. He realistically is worth about $4 mil a year and I said so before he signed that extension and justified his bloated contract.

That's funny because I don't remember all that many folks beside myself saying the Bills had grossly overpaid him. Either way, when exactly do you let it go and pay attention to the game instead? Or would you just rather talk about his contract for the remaining life of it?

We should have a finance board for folks like that.