257 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Jackson or Lynch?

• Jackson
    • Lynch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Jackson. He is in much better shape, has a better burst, is a better receiver, has a much better attitude, and is much, much smarter. Lynch is good for some brute force, but Freddie just brings more to the table.

I like Freddie better at this point. Lynch has regressed as an RB. In stead of hitting the hole to maximize each carry, I see too much dancing and he definitely doesn't setup blocks as well as Freddie.

Last season, I started the same thread, as I felt that Freddie brought more to the table the Marshawn and asked opinions from my fellow Bills fans... :wallbash:

A year later, now looking at this again..I honestly don't care who is better. We are lucky to have 2 very good RBs with different styles on our team...We have a power runner who will fight and drag defenders for extra yardage and well..Freddie did a good TT impression last night... :lol:

We have the best of both worlds and they will both get their touches during the games...so just sit back and enjoy :wallbash: , each one brings something different to the table and that makes it more difficult for the opposing team to defend... :P

They are two separate styles of RB. Lynch is a pounder that will wear down a defense through the course of a game and has decent speed if he can get into the secondary. FJ is a decent up the middle runner but he's a much better pass catcher. I don't think it's unfair to compare him to Josh Reed in that role.

If I need two yards for a first down or a TD I'd give it to Lynch.

They are two separate styles of RB. Lynch is a pounder that will wear down a defense through the course of a game and has decent speed if he can get into the secondary. FJ is a decent up the middle runner but he's a much better pass catcher. I don't think it's unfair to compare him to Josh Reed in that role.

Yeah, I am not sold on Lynch as an every down back, but as an off the bench option for pounding out short yardage and giving Freddie a blow I could see him being valuable. As an every down starter, though, I want Freddie. He just does everything so well.

how many times did lynch keep moving a pile last year when the play was over 5 yards back? the reason fj looked so great last year was because he was coming in fresh as a #2 back. im sorry but until fj (which was incredible yesterday) takes the starting role for 10+ games, we cannot really evaluate who is the better back. lynch is #1 in our depth chart and in my book.

go lynch!

ps. glad we have both.

Jackson is the overall better back

He is a very smooth runner who uses his blocks better than Lynch.

But Lynch is the better goal line runner because he has a nose for the goal line .

I think at this point the Bills might be better if they got equal carries during the year.

I am not sure taking this poll right after Freddie played the best game of his life and while Lynch is under suspension is all that fair. Point is though, Freddie is very, very good, and to think we almost lost him this offseason over a contract dispute.

Personally I dont see the reason for fighting....they Lynch and Jackson compliment each other very well......Thunder and Lightening!

I love the way Jackson played last night....but its a LONG season. They need to be used equally and there are several uses of having them on the field at the same time.

I thought Lynch did a better job as a pass catcher last year then he had in previous years......and he is a thumper. Jackson is a natural pass catcher.

One of my favorite Bills of all time is Robb Riddick. Freddy is showing many of the same attributes and is the football reincarnation of Robb. An out of nowhere carreer path with a complete package of skills well suited to all purposes. Blocking, open field running, short yardage running, finishing at the end by almost assaulting the tackler and great hands. He is a move the chains talent.

Both Freddy and Marshawn run so hard that neither is suited to take all the punishment they create either in a game or for the entire season.

I voted for FJ. Jackson gets over a hundred yards combined every time he starts.

BTW. I will like them together even more!!!

They should be used together in a Willie Parker/Jarome Bettis sort of way. Put Lynch in on short yardage, however, his inability to find the holes could mess that up.

Jackson is the overall better back

He is a very smooth runner who uses his blocks better than Lynch.

But Lynch is the better goal line runner because he has a nose for the goal line .

I think at this point the Bills might be better if they got equal carries during the year.

HItting a D with this one -two punch would be great. And if Edwards could actually stretch the feild by throwing over 10 yards at a time it would be even more effective.

I am not sure taking this poll right after Freddie played the best game of his life and while Lynch is under suspension is all that fair. Point is though, Freddie is very, very good, and to think we almost lost him this offseason over a contract dispute.

Great Post. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see Beast Mode behind this O-Line. Oman didn't look bad either.