Edwards played GREAT

Say what you want, Trent took a metric ton of sh-- this pre-season. Sure I'd like to see him take more shots downfield but he managed the game, didn't make any mistakes and played his ass off tonight.

Let's face it, going into Foxboro and winning on a Monday night was a TALL order. I think he redeemed himself tonight.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, Trent took a metric ton of sh-- this pre-season. Sure I'd like to see him take more shots downfield but he managed the game, didn't make any mistakes and played his ass off tonight.

Let's face it, going into Foxboro and winning on a Monday night was a TALL order. I think he redeemed himself tonight.

I will hand it to Edwards, he looked poised tonight, like he had some of that confidence back. He managed the game, but he still cant seem to get our WR's involved which is a big problem if we cant fix that.

All in all though, the offense showed promise, Trent looked solid, and the O Line showed it has a lot of potential. At least a lot of Trents dump offs were by design this time which is why they work because they are screens with athletic blockers. When he was just dumping off last year there was no one to out in front blocking for the RB as it was a check down so it wasnt moving the ball.

Very encouraging start, still work to be done, but at least there is reasons to be optimistic again.

No he didn't. Checking down WAY too fast. TO blew by his guy on one checkdown and if Trent had held the ball one fking second longer and chucked it, its a Touchdown.

He is too scared to play QB in this league. Get us a QB that will use his weapons and throw where angles dare to tread and this team can maybe do something.

He played well overall tonight, but he still seems too skittish in the pocket. He needs to step up in the pocket sometimes.

Plus, he really needs to get the ball downfield more than once or twice a game

He did on that crossing route to TO on third down. (talking about stepping up in pocket)

Needs to keep it up...

I think Edwards was good tonight. My problem with Trent is his inability to stretch the field and get the ball to Evans and Owens. If this does not improve on a consistent basis we need to look for another QB. He has as many weapons as any other offense in the league and likes to dink and dunk. Granted the O-line needs to be better and they called a very good game tonight...good enough to win...but over the long haul I'm concerned about Trent. Did anybody sign Brohm?

The checkdown worked very well today, as did the screen, but good gravy, you've got TO and Lee Evans.....USE THEM.

The reason they dropped the first passes thrown their way is that they forgot what a football looked like. It was Fred Jackson, Fred Jackson, Fred Jackson. I love the guy as much as anyone but COME ON. USE TO and USE EVANS.

I think Edwards was good tonight. My problem with Trent is his inability to stretch the field and get the ball to Evans and Owens. If this does not improve on a consistent basis we need to look for another QB. He has as many weapons as any other offense in the league and likes to dink and dunk. Granted the O-line needs to be better and they called a very good game tonight...good enough to win...but over the long haul I'm concerned about Trent. Did anybody sign Brohm?

Pats had Saftey(ies) over top most of game.

He had a play where Jaws said they were finally one on one, and he didn't take his shot and Jaws called him on it.

Trent was fantastic tonight and I feel for him. He showed me a ton with the clock in his head seemingly restored to normal, taking off at the right time and getting the ball out in rhythm and crisp strong, accurate passes. A lot of those "checkdowns" were designed plays...pretty obvious I thought. HE restored a ton of faith in him for me personally.

Trent was fantastic tonight and I feel for him. He showed me a ton with the clock in his head seemingly restored to normal, taking off at the right time and getting the ball out in rhythm and crisp strong, accurate passes. A lot of those "checkdowns" were designed plays...pretty obvious I thought. HE restored a ton of faith in him for me personally.

He is a coward that wont stand tall and deliver. I saw him duck on a checkdown, he was afraid to take the hit.

Same here... I'm no apologist of his, more of a skeptic, but you took the words out of my mouth.

He has to do EVERYTHING he can to avoid that sack on the last drive though.

Edwards played GREAT tonight because:

1. The NE defense played pathetic. Couldn't tackle worth squat.

2. Brady played horrible. First game in over a year. Missed a LOT of open receivers. A LOT of bad passes in the first half.

3. AVP called a great game and a lot of downfield throws. Gruden/Jaws pointed out that both Evans and TO were doubled, so Trent had to throw it to the TEs and backs, and that was often in the middle of the field, down the field.

Give Trent some credit where credit's due. I think the OL and play-calling are the two main positives from this game, and those directly impact Edwards.

He is a coward that wont stand tall and deliver. I saw him duck on a checkdown, he was afraid to take the hit.

Now come on...I for one question whether or not Trent can be our answer at QB but "coward"?!? THat's not fair.

He played EFFICIENTLY today. Next week, I want to see him make more throws like the one to TO at the end of the game. The throws that require you to TRUST your receivers. That's the most frustrating thing about Trent. You know there's an all-world QB in there, someone needs to get it out!

Not 1 player on the field had a perfect game tonight. Freddie Jackson was pretty damn close.

Trent did not make every play. He is not my favorite player. It would be a long reach to criticize him for tonight's performance.

My favorite part was when his radio seemed to cut out in the final drive. It must have been a technical problem.

No he didn't. Checking down WAY too fast. TO blew by his guy on one checkdown and if Trent had held the ball one fking second longer and chucked it, its a Touchdown.

He is too scared to play QB in this league. Get us a QB that will use his weapons and throw where angles dare to tread and this team can maybe do something.

You must have been watching a different game! You have no clue. He took what NE gave him and did a great job of it. TO and Lee both dropped passes that were right to them. Did he look scared when he ran for first downs? Hardly, Trent played a helluva game in a hostal stadium vs. the best coach in the game and we should have won if Leodis didn't eff up the game.

Guest dog14787
Now come on...I for one question whether or not Trent can be our answer at QB but "coward"?!? THat's not fair.

He played EFFICIENTLY today. Next week, I want to see him make more throws like the one to TO at the end of the game. The throws that require you to TRUST your receivers. That's the most frustrating thing about Trent. You know there's an all-world QB in there, someone needs to get it out!

Chances are had the WR's did their jobs properly and caught perfect passes we would have won the game regardless of McKelvin's major screw up.

So Trent Edwards basically goes onto the Patriots home turf and plays well enough to beat them, something no other team or QB can do and its not good enough. :bag:

All you Cutler fans need to shut the F%#K up, TE is our QB and will be for a long time so deal with it. :censored:

( post not aimed directly at you Heels)but all them muscles don't scare me,

because you could never catch me. :wallbash:

Edwards lacks the balls to come through in big game situations. The team will never win with him at QB@!

Chances are had the WR's did their jobs properly and caught perfect passes we would have won the game regardless of McKelvin's major screw up.

So Trent Edwards basically goes onto the Patriots home turf and plays well enough to beat them, something no other team or QB can do and its not good enough. :wallbash:

All you Cutler fans need to shut the F%#K up, TE is our QB and will be for a long time so deal with it. :censored:

because you could never catch me. :wallbash:

The build is natural...I use steroids for speed enhancement and to improve my vertical. :bag:

As for Trent, I think tonight showed that there's a great QB in there but like I said, he just needs to trust his receivers to make plays. Chucky pointed out on the 3rd and 3 that the receivers were in single coverage with the blitz coming and Trent needed to just step up, throw the ball and let Lee or TO make the play. There is no question Trent can move the ball quickly and he worked the screens and check downs incredibly tonight. But I want to see more throws like the one to TO at the end. The one that had zip, that was high and into double coverage so that TO HAD to make the play. That's the Trent I want to see more often.

Hopefully, we'll see that next week.

Guest dog14787
The build is natural...I use steroids for speed enhancement and to improve my vertical. :censored:

As for Trent, I think tonight showed that there's a great QB in there but like I said, he just needs to trust his receivers to make plays. Chucky pointed out on the 3rd and 3 that the receivers were in single coverage with the blitz coming and Trent needed to just step up, throw the ball and let Lee or TO make the play. There is no question Trent can move the ball quickly and he worked the screens and check downs incredibly tonight. But I want to see more throws like the one to TO at the end. The one that had zip, that was high and into double coverage so that TO HAD to make the play. That's the Trent I want to see more often.

The loss leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but AVP is the man!!! :bag:

The build is natural...I use steroids for speed enhancement and to improve my vertical. :rolleyes:

I agree that sometimes he should take more chances downfield. though he hit both Lee and TO in the hands on crucial third downs and they couldn't hold on to the ball. Those were big plays that we didn't have.

But we can't underestimate what AVP did tonight, he designed a gameplan and called the right plays at the right time (that is huge) for a QB that had some confidence problems in preseason games. If he can build his confidence those 15-20 range passes will come with time.

AVP was great tonight and Trent was good in exectuing that gameplan.

Edwards played a great game. If the wr did not drop passes i think we could have scored a lot more. Trent was great on third down but the wr just plain sucked. I mean three dropped passes. If one of them did not drop their ball I think we would

have won the games easily. I expect great things out of trent this year. He not going to be like a drew brees but he will get things done when he needs to. Hes still young and makes mistakes and at the end of this game he should not have been out their anyway. Stupid coaches fault for not adjusting the defense. I mean come on.

Guest dog14787
I agree that sometimes he should take more chances downfield. though he hit both Lee and TO in the hands on crucial third downs and they couldn't hold on to the ball. Those were big plays that we didn't have.

But we can't underestimate what AVP did tonight, he designed a gameplan and called the right plays at the right time (that is huge) for a QB that had some confidence problems in preseason games. If he can build his confidence those 15-20 range passes will come with time.

AVP was great tonight and Trent was good in exectuing that gameplan.

No doubt, going into the Patriots house and almost taking them down was huge for our football team. AVP is going to make a brilliant OC and play caller.

Good call DJ :rolleyes:

Nothing will satisfy the Bills now or TE until we beat the Patrioits and that same desire is what pushed the Giants to greatness on their last Superbowl win.

3. AVP called a great game and a lot of downfield throws. Gruden/Jaws pointed out that both Evans and TO were doubled, so Trent had to throw it to the TEs and backs, and that was often in the middle of the field, down the field.

They also pointed out that he had single coverage on a blitz and he didn't put the ball up and let his WRs make a play - he threw it underneath instead.

He played a solid game today but to think he played "great" is a large stretch. He needs to find ways to get the ball to his playmakers.

Here's a question...would Tom Brady have been able to get the Bills into field goal range with 50 seconds on the clock?

(Just a hypothetical question, not criticizing Trent in a major way...just pointing out that our QB still has a ways to go).

Here's a question...would Tom Brady have been able to get the Bills into field goal range with 50 seconds on the clock?

(Just a hypothetical question, not criticizing Trent in a major way...just pointing out that our QB still has a ways to go).

If he gets sacked twice on the same drive I don't think he would.

So Trent Edwards basically goes onto the Patriots home turf and plays well enough to beat them, something no other team or QB can do and its not good enough. :D

All you Cutler fans need to shut the F%#K up, TE is our QB and will be for a long time so deal with it. <_<

because you could never catch me. :nana:

Come on Dog...come back to reality. Its posts like this that get you slammed so much on this board. The drop by Freddie was way out in front on him and the only reason he had a chance to catch it was becasue he used his finger tips to tip it back to himself. That was a bad pass, not a "perfect" pass.

The drop by T.O. required TO to jump a foot in the air and catch it near his face mask still after he beat his defender by 2 yards...he still should have caught it, but it was no where near "perfect" and they even said it was a bad pass on NFL Live today.

The drop by Lee wasnt a flat out drop, it was dropped because he got hammered by the DB at the moment he caught it because Trent got him the ball too late. If he gets the ball to Lee sooner Lee makes that catch.

So please, the "perfect passes" thing is silly, not to mention your claim that we win if we catch those when none of those plays even get us over the 50 let alone into scoring range.

But the silliest comment is your comment about how no other QB can go into NE and play well enough to beat the Pats...thats one of the dumbest things you have put on here. You act like the Pats are undefeated in the Tom Brady era at home...not to mention, this defense is a SHELL of what it was in 2007 missing 7 of its BEST players from that D.

I know you have a boy crush on Trent, but try and keep a little dose of reality in your posts and you wont get slammed so much.

Why do you want him to throw it down field when they are double covering both of our deep threat receivers all night long? They gave him the underneath stuff and he took to the tune of 200+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 60% completion rating. It makes no sense for him to throw the ball deep to well covered receivers. I mean that just makes no sense at all. Look what Tom Brady did. They didn't let him go deep once, so he threw underneath all night long. That is what you do. You take it where they give it, and Trent exploited them all night. Don't worry, with Trent playing that well, teams will no choice but to leave Lee or TO or both in single coverage. Once Trent shows teams they HAVE to play defense underneath, the deep stuff WILL be there. Do not doubt that.

The Pats refused to come out of their double coverage scheme and it nearly cost them the game. BB's game plan is going to have to be different, and considering he had an entire off season to come up with that debacle last night, you have to like the idea of Belichick writhing like a worm on a hook trying to figure out how to stop our offense. What an awesome juxtaposition.

No doubt, going into the Patriots house and almost taking them down was huge for our football team. AVP is going to make a brilliant OC and play caller.

Good call DJ <_<

Nothing will satisfy the Bills now or TE until we beat the Patrioits and that same desire is what pushed the Giants to greatness on their last Superbowl win.

You are calling AVP brilliant now? Why didnt your brilliant AVP make adjustments to the Pats D when they supposedly too away all of the deeper routes? AVP should have adjusted to what the D was giving him and bringing TO and Evans on short quick slants and crossing routes like NE does with Moss and Evans. Thats what opens up the deep game. The middle of the field was wide open the whole game.

While our O was better under AVP than Turk, we still have the same fundamentally wrong problem. This offense can not get the ball into its two most dangerous weapons on offense, Lee and Owens. We will not win many games when our RB is targeted 7 times and our top two WR's combine for only 7 targets.