Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT is what I would like to know.

For what little it's worth, I think that Chambers will be about the same as Walker at LT. He is certainly smaller, but I think he is more agile and suited for the position. Still, your question is what stands out. WTF are they doing? How do you cut a player and then name him your starting LT? How on earth could a profession coach focus so little on the LT position?

What an absolute freaking mess. :wallbash:

He isn't the starting LT, Bell is. I would assume they had some sort of agreement with Chambers that they were going to resign him quickly. I assume if he received another offer, the Bills would match. Chambers would come back because the OT situation is so shaky here, as compared to any other team that might offer him a contract.

The bills knew that Walker could not do the job mid-way though training camp.

that why they were preparing Bell for the job before he hurt his back. Look at all the reps he got in the Green bay game.

But the timing sucks...

TO must be thinking if they can't protect Trent why the hell did I come here??

THAT is what I would like to know.

For what little it's worth, I think that Chambers will be about the same as Walker at LT. He is certainly smaller, but I think he is more agile and suited for the position. Still, your question is what stands out. WTF are they doing? How do you cut a player and then name him your starting LT? How on earth could a profession coach focus so little on the LT position?

What an absolute freaking mess. :wallbash:

From what everyone is saying, Bell will be the starting LT. Do you have any different info?

I think it's less the quality of Walker than it is the quality of the decision making process that leads an organization to cut their starting left tackle a week before the season opener and in turn resign a guy they just cut three days ago. :wallbash:

Questioning how the FO could ever think that Walker was capable of being a NFL caliber LT in the first place is a fair criticism. I'm just confused how people can go suicidal over cutting Walker after his god-awful preseason.

what a bunch of panty-wastes on this board!

this guy was horrendous. did anyone watch him play in any of the 5 preseason games? he was brutal in run blocking, and got abused by Dewayne White (who?), Detroit's RDE (2 penalties and 3 blown blocking assignments in 4 plays in the 2nd quarter) in the passing game.

there's no way this is such a bad move. yes, the timing was poor, but it was the right move.

Jauron just screwed himself and should be gone after another losing year. However, I wonder if a new O-line will be enough of an excuse to bring him back next year as long as the team is competitive. Honestly, I rather just tank the season than bring this guy back next year. Hell go 1-15 I just want one freakin win against the Patriots.

Russ Brandon: Hi, Kirk? It's Russ Brandon.

Kirk Chambers: !@#$ You, !@#$ - you !@#$ing cut me!

RB: Yeah... sorry about that. Listen, we just cut Langston Walker and we were wonder...

KC: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You what?

RB: heh heh yeah... So anyways... We were hoping you'd like to come back to the Bills and be part of what we're building here

KC: I want double what I was making.

RB: OK... Seeya this afternoon then.

Congratulations to Ralph Wilson for saving another $3 million dollars! So, that means he has now saved $5 million in the past week by cutting Rhodes and Walker, plus who knows how much he may have pocketed terminating Schonert. I'm so happy for Ralph!! Hopefully he'll dump some more payroll before this is over, because I am a big fan of Ralph Wilson and get excited when he increases his net worth!

Remember, just as many fans here have astutely said in the past, Ralph is the Bills, who in turn represent Buffalo, which represent the communities that include friends and family members, so when Ralph clears a few million by cutting players, coaches and operating costs, plus pockets some big payola moving games to Toronto, we all can celebrate like our own flesh and blood just grew his portfolio!

Go Ralph, go! You da man!!

Maybe they better sign a few more TEs.

oh crap. dick jauron quote on the walker situation:

"I wasn't even thinking about thinking about cutting Langston last week, and wasn't thinking about cutting him two weeks ago. Now, after last season, I did think about switching him to left tackle, after thinking about trading Jason Peters. Once I started thinking about thinking about it, I clearly made my decision and think it's the right one. I was thinking about having Turk give him the news, but remembered thinking that I let Turk go last week after thinking about that.".

Bell will be back at practice tomorrow after the extra rest... no way they make this decision without knowing that. Walker was a waste of space and money... Give Karl's kid a game or 2 and he's solid.

Edwards may be blown up in a game or two!....Long term it could be fine...but in the interim....Look out!!

what a bunch of panty-wastes on this board!

this guy was horrendous. did anyone watch him play in any of the 5 preseason games? he was brutal in run blocking, and got abused by Dewayne White (who?), Detroit's RDE (2 penalties and 3 blown blocking assignments in 4 plays in the 2nd quarter) in the passing game.

there's no way this is such a bad move. yes, the timing was poor, but it was the right move.

thank you

He isn't the starting LT, Bell is. I would assume they had some sort of agreement with Chambers that they were going to resign him quickly. I assume if he received another offer, the Bills would match. Chambers would come back because the OT situation is so shaky here, as compared to any other team that might offer him a contract.

I am less certain of Bell being the starter, at least initially. Chambers has actually played the position, and there is just so much inexperience on this line.

Either way, the Jauron method of building a team isn't just bad, it's mind boggling. There can be little wonder why his teams simply lose.