Larry Felser

Wagon Circler

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Felser didn't pull any punches did he? Came right out and said it's time to start scouting a quarterback. Even before the season has started.

Anybody heard how bad Bradford's injury is?

Last I had heard it was a sprained throwing shoulder. However, after watching that hit, I'm really surprised it wasn't dislocated. That was a real bad landing.

Larry Felser didn't pull any punches did he? Came right out and said it's time to start scouting a quarterback. Even before the season has started.

I think Larry knows football, but I also think he's jumped the gun on Edwards. It was funny to read how Turk-ey complained how frustrated DJ was at his complicated multi formation 1,000 play playbook. I always thought it was pathetic for Turk-ey and his egotistical predessesors the past 10 years, to try and make their offenses memorize so many different keys and reads for every single play, when we all knew Edwards or whoever the QB was, was only going to either get sacked holding onto the ball too long waiting for his receivers to read their keys, or check down to a RB or TE. Every now and then Bledsoe or Lost-man would hurl a long one with their rocket arms that Moulds or Price or Evans would run down for TD's. But most of the time, it was get sacked or throw short. Think about it.

Now I think DJ may have finally made a good decision. (wink wink, since we all know about that meeting Wilson had with him the day before he fired Turk-ey!). In any case, whoever really made this change, it might work out. AVP was Jimbo's back up in '95 and '96. Both of those seasons were playoff years, and the Bills were still going mostly no-huddle back then still. And we all know Jimbo only called about 6 or 7 different plays the entire game. AVP can use that practical experience and dumb this whole thing down for Trent and the talented targets around him, knowing damn well that simple works!

So I don't think we have to throw Edwards out just yet. We'll see how this season ends up first. Besides, as Felser pointed out, there are a number of good QB's that will be available for the Bills to draft, especially if they suck bad enough to be in postition to draft them without needing to trade up.

I find it difficult to evaluate any QB in the "system" that the BILLS are running with the OLine of the last decade. It's just a recipe for disaster. My only hope is that T.O. can provide a real threat that will roll coverage and open up new options.

It's amazing that we are all putting that much hope into TO to turn this franchise around. Wow, I can't wait for the season to start.

I find it difficult to evaluate any QB in the "system" that the BILLS are running with the OLine of the last decade. It's just a recipe for disaster. My only hope is that T.O. can provide a real threat that will roll coverage and open up new options.

Amazing logic, really. The last three quarterbacks the Bills drafted all ended up making the same stupid mistakes and failure within three years. The solution is CLEARLY to draft yet another quarterback. :thumbsup:

Amazing logic, really. The last three quarterbacks the Bills drafted all ended up making the same stupid mistakes and failure within three years. The solution is CLEARLY to draft yet another quarterback. :ph34r:

Eventually we'll get lucky :thumbsup:

Its too bad there really have been a lack of veteran QBs available though unless you want to give up a lot. Next years QB draft class doesn't look all that impressive either. Bradford reminds me of Jason White and Josh Heupel

Amazing logic, really. The last three quarterbacks the Bills drafted all ended up making the same stupid mistakes and failure within three years. The solution is CLEARLY to draft yet another quarterback. :thumbsup:

well it would be

if first, you cleaned out the clown show and got top notch talent evaluators who would not pick the turd of the bunch

and also build an NFL quality OL

and second, you hired real NFL quality coaches to develop your QB

without that, it's like a dog chasing its tail

Ive had enough of drating or tradin muliple picks for a qb..Go out and sign a freeagent proven above or at least average qb...Kerry Collins types are out there you just have to make an effort...Its time the Bills called "Uncle" on the drafting qb carousel..

Ive had enough of drating or tradin muliple picks for a qb..Go out and sign a freeagent proven above or at least average qb...Kerry Collins types are out there you just have to make an effort...Its time the Bills called "Uncle" on the drafting qb carousel..

If you were a veteran QB and saw the situation in Buffalo, would you be eager to sign? Kerry Collins is a serviceable QB in a place like Tennessee where he's not asked to win games. That wouldn't be the situation here and there just aren't many guys in the latter stages of their careers who want to take an ass beating while being booed for things that obviously aren't their fault.

When Ralph hires a competent coach like Jeff Fisher, he'll stop getting results like the ones Dick Jauron is capable of.

It's amazing that we are all putting that much hope into TO to turn this franchise around. Wow, I can't wait for the season to start.

I think you read too much into it. I don't think T.O. can turn the franchise around but he could make a serious difference in the passing game and if that happens the running game follows.

I think his column was off. TE has played a very short time and has shown a lot of good things.

The one thing that concerns me is that he hasn't been quite the same since that concussion last year. I mean...dramatic fall off..

Lets hope he is OK so the main problem he has---Trentativeness--can be worked on.

Felser's football acumen has never impressed me. He's the market equivalent of a perma-bear. Never goes out on a limb about a coach or player to the positive side.

Fwiw, Felser also wrote a column after the 52-17 Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys (the third of the four) in which he essentially demanded that Marv should be fired. He's not a source who should be trusted in these matters. He's more a fan with Wilson's ear than anything else at this point. You and many others here know as much as he does ...

I disagree with Felser. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under Edwards. Edwards had some strong games last year. He's smart, and with all the elements in place, this year will be the big test for him. I think the genius who designed the offense that can't handle a 3-4, he is gone. Thank heavens for that. It ain't rocket science beating a 3-4.

Most lucid comment ever.

PTR

Last I had heard it was a sprained throwing shoulder. However, after watching that hit, I'm really surprised it wasn't dislocated. That was a real bad landing.

Stoops says it is going to have to have further examination. I bet its at least a grade II seperation.