Poor attitude's

If the Bills win I will drive to your house and blow you.I am not gay but there is no way in hell Buffalo wins that game.

You don't like my posts, then stop reading them.

1. The starting O is performing terribly and many on this board are upset and want something done about it, otherwise we're doomed.

2. This team, according to many, is destined for 2-14, 4-12, etc. Take you pick.

3. Now, the HC fires the OC (who isn't getting the job done) and the many go ballistic, because he doesn't hire a "bonafide" new OC, but puts the O in the hands of a person who is familiar with it and never been an OC at this level.

Is that what's bothering you Bunky? Heck you should be glad all was lost anyway. Now the board should be relatively clear for talking football, instead of listening to all the wannabe coaches.

OBTW Have you all sent your resume's to OBD yet? :thumbsup:

Wow. Is there something in the air causing nasty?

Wow. Is there something in the air causing nasty?

Same old crap everyday on here anymore. Trolls and pessimists abound. We've now run off a great inside source in JW because feel the urge to act like spoiled middle schoolers. Bills fans and WNYers in general are very pessimistic and never skip the chance to run someone out of town or into the ground rather than band together for a collective effort. This is evident outside of sports as well, take a look at the government in our area, as well as our businesses. It's sad and it will probably never change until we eventually run this team out of town for good.

Same old crap everyday on here anymore. Trolls and pessimists abound. We've now run off a great inside source in JW because feel the urge to act like spoiled middle schoolers. Bills fans and WNYers in general are very pessimistic and never skip the chance to run someone out of town or into the ground rather than band together for a collective effort. This is evident outside of sports as well, take a look at the government in our area, as well as our businesses. It's sad and it will probably never change until we eventually run this team out of town for good.

Wow. This may be the all-time stupidest post I have ever read on TSW. Who is "we" when you talk about the revalutionary change coming in WNY after "we eventually run this team out of town for good."?? :thumbsup:

"We" will run the horrible Buffalo Bills out of town, and then all ex Bills fans and WNYers in general, will become optimists, and "band together for a collective effort." :doh:

Well if our government and our businesses will change overnight after the moving vans empty out OBD, then by all means, get "We" together and drive those life sucking Buffalo Bills the hell out of town! :cry::cry::ph34r:

Wow. This may be the all-time stupidest post I have ever read on TSW. Who is "we" when you talk about the revalutionary change coming in WNY after "we eventually run this team out of town for good."?? :thumbsup:

"We" will run the horrible Buffalo Bills out of town, and then all ex Bills fans and WNYers in general, will become optimists, and "band together for a collective effort." :doh:

Well if our government and our businesses will change overnight after the moving vans empty out OBD, then by all means, get "We" together and drive those life sucking Buffalo Bills the hell out of town! :cry::cry::ph34r:

??? did you read anything? I didn't say there was a revolutionary change coming to Buffalo. Go re-read then use a spell check.

:thumbsup:

Great post. And that was before I even knew JW was run off of the board. That really sucks :ph34r:

Its the stench coming from One Bills Drive cooked up in Detroit by their HOF owner

We can be upset and pissed at the team but the personal attacks on here are getting worse. It is getting harder to talk just football and give your opinion with all the bashing around here.

I hate the patriots as much as anyone, but can you remember any personnel decision they've made in the last 10 years that hasn't worked out and kept them at the top of the division. maybe warnow can tell us what mr. wilson thinks about this situation

buddy, you're so connected and smart, why don't you call Mr. Wilson yourself, that is if you have long-distance phone privileges from your parents.

son of a ...

jw

:thumbsup:

Great post. And that was before I even knew JW was run off of the board. That really sucks :cry:

This is what started it. Not me-all I ever did was make fun of his :ph34r:

??? did you read anything? I didn't say there was a revolutionary change coming to Buffalo. Go re-read then use a spell check.

Oh, so I can't add some sarcasm to your perfectly "rational" post huh? It makes perfect logical sense to write; "It's sad and it will probably never change until we eventually run this team out of town for good."

Now, are you saying it would be better for Bills fans, that they would be less pessimistic people overall, if you "ran the team out of town for good?" Come on, I have re-read, and it still says the same stupid things. It says that Bills fans and WNYers in general are very pessimistic and never skip the chance to run someone out of town or into the ground rather then band together for a collective effort. It does say that right? Now to me, that sounds like revolutionary talk if I've ever heard it. (thanks, I used spell check).

So now that I've re-read, and used spell check, your post is still very stupid. The fans of WNY are optimistic enough about their team to have purchased over 55,000 season tickets this year. And those businesses that are so horrible you mention? They still manage to purchase the majority of the luxury suites and premium seating too. Not to mention the optimistic Bills fans who even purcahse over-priced tickets to the annual Toronto bowl rip off regular season game. None of that sounds all that pessimistic to me. :thumbsup:

We can be upset and pissed at the team but the personal attacks on here are getting worse. It is getting harder to talk just football and give your opinion with all the bashing around here.

I agree..I said something to that effect last yr, the attacks were making this board a joke..It got pulled then....No doubt the past few years I have witnessed more and more verbal personal attacks than at any point..Maybe there might be some green slime ala the ghostbusters movie underneath the City of Buffalo....

Did not know JW left. That blows!

:pirate:It is amazing how this board apprears to be a gathering place for those itching to unleash vicious attacks on posters those who want to realistically talk football. One of my very early postings was ripped by a frenzied member of the 'half-empty glass' club who obviously cannot survive a day without finding something wrong with everything but his/her own efforts.

Although I am too new to know who JW is it certainly sounds like JW was someone with an analytical point of view, which I am sure totally frustrated those who just want to name call and rip the target of the day.

I have no doubt that the board will continue to spin downward because those who love the stench are thriving while those of us who want to have an honest bulletin board to discuss the team we are fans of (I really wonder how many of the 'half-empty glass' club are really fans based on what they write ...) grow weary of the muck we have to read through.

AS for the team ... whoever posted about the Super Bowl Bills' limited playbook gives us hope if Van Pelt includes at least a few pass plays whose targets are all at least 10 yards down field. We are all tired of the 2 yard passes to Roscoe. Some of these offensive coordinators think this is rocket science but if you have a basic playbook and execute we have proof that you can be a winner. Obviously we also need this offensive line to work but let's see what happens in the first three weeks ...

As for Trent ... the Arizona injury and Cleveland games certainly impacted a player whose greatest trait was bold leadership on the field. But I will share an analysis from a Jets' fan who is a football junkie ... he really likes what he has seen from Trent but says he needs a coach who will either just 'give him the ball' or challenge him to be on the attack (obviously this counters the play to not lose philosophy).

Finally ... biggest frustration (and sadly Copeland to Detroit reflects this) is that our players don't seem to have their motors running at game time nor do they get down when they are down. The fevered win at all costs and destroy the opponent attitude is needed on every play. TO is going to have a field day with the national media if the Bills continue their complacent attitude.

Bills fans and WNYers in general are very pessimistic and never skip the chance to run someone out of town or into the ground rather than band together for a collective effort.

Do you realize what you've just done? You've uncovered the real reason why the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 10 years. It's time that Bills fans everywhere unite. For indivudally we are one drop, but together, we are an ocean.

Indeed, beating the Patriots and making the playoffs may seem daunting, but together we can make miracles happen. Starting tomorrow we will begin our march on Foxborough, and we will not be returning until we destroy the Patriots with our optimisim and happy thoughts.

I hate to say it, but I tend to agree.

(I was born and raised near Rochester, but moved away nearly 20 years ago.)

In 2004, I was on a fishing trip in northern Ontario where we had to be flown in on a float plane. While waiting for the plane on a dock, a boat pulled up and a couple guys hop out to unload their gear.

Since I was just sitting there, I went up to them to give them a hand. After exchanging a few words, I noticed one of the guys (in his 50's) had an accent like mine. I asked him where he's from and he replied, "Buffalo". Of course, I say "Go Bills!" and tell him that I was originally from Rochester.

He thanked me again for helping them, and said... "it's nice to see someone offering help." I say something like, "hey, we WNYer's always help each other out."

Oh boy, did that ever do it.

The guy went on and on about how people back there USED to stick together and help each other out. He said that things have really changed in the past 10 or so years.

I thought, "yeah, yeah... just another grumpy guy."

However... I try to visit friends and family every few years and have noticed a "shift" myself.

EVERYONE back there bitches and moans about EVERYTHING! It's really incredible.

Neighbors on my street used to know each other and lend a hand. Now... no ones seems to know each other, and the people I spoke to don't have a good thing to say about anyone.

What's going on up there???

(Before you start flaming me... I LOVE New York State and am VERY proud to come from there. It saddens me deeply that the general attitude has changed so much.)

It's one thing to be pessimistic on this team, which I freely admit. The team is run by a 91 year old owner and the direction just doesn't seem there. It's still no reason for single-minded posters to hurl insults at anyone that suggests something they disagree with.

Still, the obnoxious posters have become too much and John Wawrow along with others know it. I realize there are varying levels of football knowledge on this board, but when a reporter comes onto this board it's a good thing. We collectively benefit as a message board because of them.

The Bills should be criticized if they cannot win and advance to the playoffs this season. Collectively though, criticism needs to be done in a more considerate manner.

All I have to say is if AVP (now referred to as OC) pulls this team out of the gutter he will be showered with adulation, maybe DJ would also. However, if they fail to deliver whether or not they win in NE (which would be nothing short of Amazing since I hate their guts) then they will be taunted and booed, posibly even fired. what difference would any of it make if we can't win. I think that it has been long enough that the media has talked about NE and NYJ and MIA and how good they re gonna be, Its time that people started talking about the Bills and not to just say how much they suck or how pedestrian they look. So I really don't care what moves they make as long as they win. I will however pay direc TV $260 a season to see them play, no matter how many times they win or lose. This is the curse of being a hardcore fan and loving your team unconditionally.

It's one thing to be pessimistic on this team, which I freely admit. The team is run by a 91 year old owner and the direction just doesn't seem there. It's still no reason for single-minded posters to hurl insults at anyone that suggests something they disagree with.

Still, the obnoxious posters have become too much and John Wawrow along with others know it. I realize there are varying levels of football knowledge on this board, but when a reporter comes onto this board it's a good thing. We collectively benefit as a message board because of them.

The Bills should be criticized if they cannot win and advance to the playoffs this season. Collectively though, criticism needs to be done in a more considerate manner.

I agree with a lot of your post. I've called out at least one of the posters who ran Wawrow off the board. I mean, Jesus, what's the goddamn point? "Think I'll get on the board, drop my shorts, and leave one in the punchbowl". Feel better? It's nothing constructive, and so goddamn pointless. "Ralph sucks." "Ralph's cheap". "Ralph doesn't have the balls or brains to hire [fill in big-ticket coach's name]". Oh, good. That helped me learn so much about the team. And then we actually have a national beat reporter contributing to the board who actually MIGHT HELP ME LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TEAM, and these internet prunes run him off the board. If that's not grounds for banning them, I don't know what is. Maybe that SHOULD happen. The word would get out pretty fast.

Here's a REAL depressing thought. If these constipated weenies are pissed off after a 1-3 preseason, how do you think the tenor of this place will be if the Bills get out of the chute (e.g.) 2-6? Better double the guard on the Rainbow Bridge.

I agree with a lot of your post. I've called out at least one of the posters who ran Wawrow off the board. I mean, Jesus, what's the goddamn point? "Think I'll get on the board, drop my shorts, and leave one in the punchbowl". Feel better? It's nothing constructive, and so goddamn pointless. "Ralph sucks." "Ralph's cheap". "Ralph doesn't have the balls or brains to hire [fill in big-ticket coach's name]". Oh, good. That helped me learn so much about the team. And then we actually have a national beat reporter contributing to the board who actually MIGHT HELP ME LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TEAM, and these internet prunes run him off the board. If that's not grounds for banning them, I don't know what is. Maybe that SHOULD happen. The word would get out pretty fast.

Here's a REAL depressing thought. If these constipated weenies are pissed off after a 1-3 preseason, how do you think the tenor of this place will be if the Bills get out of the chute (e.g.) 2-6? Better double the guard on the Rainbow Bridge.

No, let them go.

Easy to tell Warrow was getting pizzed. He capitalized letters where they're supposed to be..

No question, the antics of more than a few here can encourage most of us to take pause. We're Buffalo Bills fans. Of all the media outlets covering our team, most of us consider this the best forum to learn what's new and discuss them. That we occasionally get 'official' journalists chiming in, adds even more credence. T Graham and our very own Lori are excellent representatives of this. But I don't think anyone here hasn't flamed Sully, Sal, Pitoniak, Gaughan, Matthews, Roth and even Felser at one time or another for their perceived insights. Chris Browns' input is negated as insightful, due to his official mouthpiece status. Warrow -or 'jw' as he prefers..- is, IMO, more of a blogger than traditional sports writer. After his recent sit down with Ralph, his posts began to read more like a staunch, sympathizing defender and less investigative. That's not what I want to know about in this, the longest stretch of team failure in history. He developed what the OP calls a Poor Attitude toward all who detracted from his purported perch within. That just doesn't fly with this 50 year Bills fan. His swan song LAMP post exemplifies that which we rightfully flame his afore mentioned brethren for.

In tribute to his self imposed hiatus:

since it's your wish, enjoy your absence jw i will

FWIW, anyone who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to flame another poster here -- regardless of their job description -- can leave right now. The way I see it, there's plenty of room for discussion and debate without descending into snipery.

And while John considers his options, I'll tell you this: the treatment he received from a few people here has put me one step closer to the door myself.

What exactly happened????

Seemed relatively innocuous to me.

b44

the attacks were making this board a joke..It got pulled then....No doubt the past few years I have witnessed more and more verbal personal attacks than at any point..

IMO, a couple of the mods are the biggest offenders. If the mods act this way, why should us lowly posters act any differently?

FWIW, anyone who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to flame another poster here -- regardless of their job description -- can leave right now. The way I see it, there's plenty of room for discussion and debate without descending into snipery.

And while John considers his options, I'll tell you this: the treatment he received from a few people here has put me one step closer to the door myself.

Lori,

I am am avid fan of TBD. But I agree with there is to much "flaming" Anyway, what does it take to get removed from the board? Is there a unsportsmanlike penalty rule? Two and done? How dooes the moderator enforce or attempt to control this?

FYI I am not looking to be canned but I was referring to the trolls on here

Thanks

R

Seemed relatively innocuous to me.

b44

IMO, a couple of the mods are the biggest offenders. If the mods act this way, why should us lowly posters act any differently?

I agree on both.

While I don't agree with how people responded to him, I would think that someone who wants to bear the title-"National Sports Reporter" would have a thicker skin. I personally find nasty posters very easy to ignore.

With all due respect, I'd like to bring up a few points on this topic:

1) Wawrow certainly wasn't entirely civil in defense of his OPINIONS on Ralph Wilson. In some regards, he invited some of the flames on himself. That's not to defend the persons who did the flaming, just wanted topoint out that arrogance can sometimes lead to undesirable results.

2) Management has allowed the return of one of the all-time worst trolls in the history of TSW (no names needed here). How is that decision going to affect the civility of the board as a whole?

3) I agree, there needs to be a culling of the herd or some sort of poosting restriction for new users to limit the troll factor.

internet message boards are the easiest way to communicate with large amounts of people, and the worst way as well.

being basically an anonymous screen name brings out the worst in people. always has, always will.

very unfortunate that the non-anonymous community this once was has fallen to it too. but that's the price of being popular i guess.

I agree on both.

While I don't agree with how people responded to him, I would think that someone who wants to bear the title-"National Sports Reporter" would have a thicker skin. I personally find nasty posters very easy to ignore.

I don't remember Tim Graham turning tail when posters were accusing him of "defending" the Pats and BB a while back.