OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

DJ's departure is just a symptom. The entire front office must be revamped, but 91 year old owners aren't going to make sweeping changes. Even if they are necessary to field a good team. Not making the playoffs is failure after 3 seasons and 4 offseasons of rebuilding.

Again...nothing changes till the owner does. Modrak and Guy need to go, I would bet 1/2 the scouts need to also. Brandon needs to go back to just marketing which he is great at. We need to bring in a good GM, an established winning HC and let him pick the systems and staff. Then we need to cut bait with several overpaid, under performing players on this team and let the new GM/ Coach bring in who will fit their system.

But you are right, it won't happen under Ralph

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no place for happy thoughts. Please leave.

I prefer to tune out on all the negative posts on this board during preseason because PRESEASON WINS AND LOSSES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING, ONLY THE REGULAR SEASON DOES. For god's sakes we don't even gameplan or play our starters the whole game for pre season games so how in the world can we assume a sound conclusion? It's simply impossible. Until proven otherwise during the regular season I prefer to think positive about our Bills. Lets Go Bills and bring on the Patsies!

[/quote/]

For the 1000th time it's not the won/lost record that the fans are upset about, it's how the team performs and the 1st offense has looked putrid for all but one series THE ENTIRE PRESEASON!!!

Is this your first season watching the DJ-coached and Russ Brandon managed Buffalo Bills? I mean, what in the past 3 seasons gives anyone hopes that in an ultra-competitive AFC that Buffalo will put it together and make the playoffs?

What many negative nancies here seem to forget are 3 important facts that led to our downfall last year...

1- Bills started last season 5-1 with the same coaching staff we have now. Why can't we do it again this year?

2- Before Edwards suffered his concussion he was playing very well and we were undefeated. The bottom line is the concussion was the main reason our season went down. Keep in mind It took Edwards the majority of the season to put the concussion in the back of his mind and when he did he played well all be it was too late into the season.

3- Schobel went down with an injury. This is our best defensive player who commands double teams, makes our defense better, and when he went down so did the D.

To answer your question BillsVet the above facts along with the additions of T.O and Maybin to the offense and defense will make us better and the reasons why I have hope for this season. Now do I want Jauron as our coach? absolutley not but he's a hop, skip, and a jump from a winning season. Its not like the guy averaged 3 wins a year with us, it could be worse, just ask the Raiders and Lions fans.

What many negative nancies here seem to forget are 3 important facts that led to our downfall last year...

1- Bills started last season 5-1 with the same coaching staff we have now. Why can't we do it again this year?

2- Before Edwards suffered his concussion he was playing very well and we were undefeated. The bottom line is the concussion was the main reason our season went down. Keep in mind It took Edwards the majority of the season to put the concussion in the back of his mind and when he did he played well all be it was too late into the season.

3- Schobel went down with an injury. This is our best defensive player who commands double teams, makes our defense better, and when he went down so did the D.

To answer your question BillsVet the above facts along with the additions of T.O and Maybin to the offense and defense will make us better and the reasons why I have hope for this season. Now do I want Jauron as our coach? absolutley not but he's a hop, skip, and a jump from a winning season. Its not like the guy averaged 3 wins a year with us, it could be worse, just ask the Raiders and Lions fans.

I'm assiming the "1" in your "5-1" scenario comes in New England Week 1.

Here's some perspective: the starting offense looks like the most ill-prepared unit in the history of Bills' pre-season play.

Has any other team in NFL history scored less touchdowns in a 5 game pre season? Without checking I am claiming an NFL record for the Bills.

Ya know, compared to the absolute bottom of the league - you're right, the Bills don't look that bad. Crank up the optimism.

1) The Bills played what turned out to be the 31st hardest schedule in the NFL. Their 4-0 start came against four teams that all won less than 5 games. The SD win was probably the team's best of the season, although the Chargers were at a low point.

2) Edwards played well in that SD game, or 2 weeks after the concussion. His problems came after Week 6.

3) Schobel was an above average DE at 31 years old in 2008. We have no idea if he'll be able to play the way he did in 2006 when he recorded 14 sacks.

TO still has talent, but he had issues beating press coverage in Dallas last season. Maybin is a rookie who, while showing talent against lesser players, still is a raw prospect. Everyone knew that when Buffalo selected him. If you're depending on rookies season after season, it's not a strategy for winning.

Things could be worse. But they should be better.

1) The Bills played what turned out to be the 31st hardest schedule in the NFL. Their 4-0 start came against four teams that all won less than 5 games. The SD win was probably the team's best of the season, although the Chargers were at a low point.

2) Edwards played well in that SD game, or 2 weeks after the concussion. His problems came after Week 6.

3) Schobel was an above average DE at 31 years old in 2008. We have no idea if he'll be able to play the way he did in 2006 when he recorded 14 sacks.

TO still has talent, but he had issues beating press coverage in Dallas last season. Maybin is a rookie who, while showing talent against lesser players, still is a raw prospect. Everyone knew that when Buffalo selected him. If you're depending on rookies season after season, it's not a strategy for winning.

Things could be worse. But they should be better.

No doubt Maybin is gonna make his fair share of mistakes this year, but just to be clear, his sack and strip came against Detriot's first team. Yeah, it's Detroit, but he lined up against their best and handed their OT his ass. Nice to see regardless.

GO BILLS!!!