Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda picked up Cutler

LMFAO at this argument still being made about ONE lousy game where Cutler had a pretty good game too. The best part of this hilarious statement is that people say this as if Cutler and Edwards played head to head...first off, it wasnt even a fair fight...Trent played against a Defense that couldnt stop a High School offense in that game...

Guess what, Montanna lost games, Brady has lost games, etc etc...they have had bad games while the opposing QB has had a good game, doesnt mean the opposing QB is better than them...

LMFAO

Just stating a fact. Edwards was the better QB that day, for whatever it's worth. So, "LMFAO" all you want. Couldn't care less.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stating a fact. Edwards was the better QB that day, for whatever it's worth. So, "LMFAO" all you want. Couldn't care less.

You were just stating a fact that had exactly ZERO relevance to who the the better QB is yet you were trying to pass it off as if it made Trent better...

So, I am still LMFAO at the lame attempt to imply Trent is better than Cutler...

You were just stating a fact that had exactly ZERO relevance to who the the better QB is yet you were trying to pass it off as if it made Trent better...

So, I am still LMFAO at the lame attempt to imply Trent is better than Cutler...

LOL. Like for sure...I am ROFLMAO, like whatever. L8ter

I'll confess I was in the "we don't need Cutler" camp. I really expected a break-out year for Edwards. I still think Edwards can pick his play up, but there is no more time left. I have to admit now that having Cutler's swagger and arm strength right now would be a good thing. Edwards really has no more excuses. They are all used up now. He has to produce immediately or be replaced. Well, there is ONE more possible excuse -- his coaches STINK! When your coaches play not to lose instead of to win, losing if more frequently than not the outcome -- thus the endless debacle of 7-9 seasons.

Please Ralph, please, do NOT wait to pull the trigger on Jauron if your team has a sub-500 record after 5 games or so. Give another coach a chance to do something with the talent assembled on this team before the season cannot be salvaged.

I'll confess I was in the "we don't need Cutler" camp. I really expected a break-out year for Edwards. I still think Edwards can pick his play up, but there is no more time left. I have to admit now that having Cutler's swagger and arm strength right now would be a good thing. Edwards really has no more excuses. They are all used up now. He has to produce immediately or be replaced. Well, there is ONE more possible excuse -- his coaches STINK! When your coaches play not to lose instead of to win, losing if more frequently than not the outcome -- thus the endless debacle of 7-9 seasons.

Please Ralph, please, do NOT wait to pull the trigger on Jauron if your team has a sub-500 record after 5 games or so. Give another coach a chance to do something with the talent assembled on this team before the season cannot be salvaged.

The thing is, we KNOW the coaches stink, but that's not ENOUGH of an excuse, he still should be able to complete some passes downfield!

I don't think it is arm strength, it's more being able to understand how a particular play should develop and unfold in relation to the defensive set (and the skills of the players on the defense) to know where and when to throw the ball. A receiver is often covered at the time the ball is thrown, but a good QB knows at what point in the receiver's route he he should be open. It's timing, and trusting yourself and the receiver.

Trent doesn't have it, JP didn't have it...

Remember when we passed on him for Donte Whitner?

That was Marv's biggest mistake. The Bills scouts loved Cutler. He could have corrected Donahoe's mistake of picking JP, but instead the team decided not to pick a QB and hand the team over to JP. One rule should always be if your scouts have identified a guy as a franchise QB, and he's available when you are drafting, and you don't already have one, you draft him.

Guest dog14787
They could have traded for Culter. He is way better than TE, and good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Myself personally, I'll take my chances with TE, but we can see how they compare as the season and their careers progress.

I also think Cutler is a good QB, so it will not surprise me for him to do well.

That was Marv's biggest mistake. The Bills scouts loved Cutler. He could have corrected Donahoe's mistake of picking JP, but instead the team decided not to pick a QB and hand the team over to JP. One rule should always be if your scouts have identified a guy as a franchise QB, and he's available when you are drafting, and you don't already have one, you draft him.

Yes and you and silvermike were the only persons in this thread to pick up on this. And, forget Cutler, they could have had either © Mangold or (G) Davin Joseph (both probowlers) AND Jeremy Trueblood at RT. Marv and Dick passed on this and more for Donte Whitner.

The fact that Jauron still has a job is mind boggling. I don't think he could have got a head coaching job in the new league. In that sense, Jauron is so bad he makes Losman look good. :devil:

Yes and you and silvermike were the only persons in this thread to pick up on this. And, forget Cutler, they could have had either © Mangold or (G) Davin Joseph (both probowlers) AND Jeremy Trueblood at RT. Marv and Dick passed on this and more for Donte Whitner.

The fact that Jauron still has a job is mind boggling. I don't think he could have got a head coaching job in the new league. In that sense, Jauron is so bad he makes Losman look good. :devil:

The fact that Jauron still has a job more than likely means that whoever the team brings in will become a part of a sinking ship, be it Jay Cutler, or even Nick Mangold, Jeremy Trueblood, and Davin Joseph. While it would be great to have any or all of 'em, what real difference would it make w/ the same inept staff coaching 'em? Would we even see the same results out of Mangold, Joseph, Trueblood, and Cutler that they've shown so far in their careers? I really don't know, but I do know that after sitting through that atrocity on Saturday, I have VERY little faith in this coaching staff to make anything work. If they can get it done, great. But, it's "show and prove" time for me. They do not get the benefit of a doubt.

The fact that Jauron still has a job more than likely means that whoever the team brings in will become a part of a sinking ship, be it Jay Cutler, or even Nick Mangold, Jeremy Trueblood, and Davin Joseph. While it would be great to have any or all of 'em, what real difference would it make w/ the same inept staff coaching 'em? Would we even see the same results out of Mangold, Joseph, Trueblood, and Cutler that they've shown so far in their careers? I really don't know, but I do know that after sitting through that atrocity on Saturday, I have VERY little faith in this coaching staff to make anything work. If they can get it done, great. But, it's "show and prove" time for me. They do not get the benefit of a doubt.

Oh yeah, I agree. I have seen bad coaches before. I lived in NYC during the Kotite years and Jauron is every bit as bad. What other coach would build his team around the secondary, put them in a cover-2, and line them up 30 miles from the ball? That is not to even talk about the awful challenges, 90 yard field goals into the wind, etc. How do you like the no huddle with a soft defense that can't get the ball back? :devil:

I really do try, but I can't understand what he is doing out there.

Oh yeah, I agree. I have seen bad coaches before. I lived in NYC during the Kotite years and Jauron is every bit as bad. What other coach would build his team around the secondary, put them in a cover-2, and line them up 30 miles from the ball? That is not to even talk about the awful challenges, 90 yard field goals into the wind, etc.

After reading that article where Fewell made mention of bringing McKelvin in to "get in the grill of receivers" and such, I made sure to watch their coverage. One time I saw McKelvin creep up to the line as if he were getting ready to jam the wideout....only to see 'em drop back another 10 yards before the snap.

Way to "get in his grill", coach!

How do you like the no huddle with a soft defense that can't get the ball back? :devil:

I really do try, but I can't understand what he is doing out there.

Well, it's more a "sugar huddle" (huddle @ the line) than it is a no huddle offense, but I see your point. This team look like a mess, and I credit this coaching staff w/ creating it.

Sad thing is, we Bills fans don't even get the other teams' animosity or even good natured ribbing from the victorious side any more: we only get their pity. That's all I got as we were leaving Heinz Field Saturday.