Aaron Maybin update from JW

Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I just got flagged for trying to access a gambling site at work, can you give us a hint at what's contained within?

He has struggled establishing an outside pass rush, having difficulty getting around reserve right tackle Jonathan Scott. Maybin also was thrown to the ground on Wednesday by reserve tight end Jonathan Stupar, who then caught a pass after getting open.

But Maybin showed good speed in dropping back in coverage to defend tight end Shawn Nelson. And he showed promise when rushing from a linebacker position, using the extra steps to gain momentum and burst through the line.

Aaron Maybin wiped his brow and dismissed a question about how far behind he might be.

``I knew how much time I missed when I got here,'' said Maybin, the first-round pick who missed the first month of training camp before signing his contract last week. ``But I feel good.''

I'll see if I can find a different source.

I really hope fans don't expect too much from him in the first few games. It would be a blessing if he gets any real pressure on the QB on any semblance of a consistent basis before mid season. What we can hope for is signs of his speed and athleticism on random plays that make him something of a factor on that particular play. He's just not going to be used to the intensity, agility, strength, or tricks of the players he is up against in a regular season game for quite some time. He's very young, he's very inexperienced, he's quite small and he missed most of camp. If he has a single sack early in the season it should be a bonus.

True, KtFaBD. But after the holdout, you know it won't happen that way. If he does start slow, people will be all over him for missing camp -- and I can't say they'd be wrong.

I really hope fans don't expect too much from him in the first few games. It would be a blessing if he gets any real pressure on the QB on any semblance of a consistent basis before mid season. What we can hope for is signs of his speed and athleticism on random plays that make him something of a factor on that particular play. He's just not going to be used to the intensity, agility, strength, or tricks of the players he is up against in a regular season game for quite some time. He's very young, he's very inexperienced, he's quite small and he missed most of camp. If he has a single sack early in the season it should be a bonus.

Of the regular season? You and I both know there will be a plethora of posts by the end of the 1st quarter tomorrow claiming he's slow/undersized/lost and we should have drafted Orapko. I'm certain any pleas for rational thought will fall on deaf ears.

But Maybin showed good speed in dropping back in coverage to defend tight end Shawn Nelson. And he showed promise when rushing from a linebacker position, using the extra steps to gain momentum and burst through the line.

Great. They drafted a coverage lineman.

Of the regular season? You and I both know there will be a plethora of posts by the end of the 1st quarter tomorrow claiming he's slow/undersized/lost and we should have drafted Orapko. I'm certain any pleas for rational thought will fall on deaf ears.

Great. They drafted a coverage lineman.

Hmmm, if we had a pool going, you already lost Dan.

What's a rational thought? Perhaps you can provide a link from this board that highlights one. I'll wait.

Guess we can't have Cornelius Bennett expectations- Holdout until traded from the Colts on Halloween; only to destroy Elway in his first game. My how I long for the day when we had the balls to make deals and draft stars.... :wallbash: