Anyone watch the Eagles play

I have the game on my Tivo but I'm too busy to watch it right now. I was hoping someone would offer some comments on how Jason Peters performed last night. (I know the focus was all on Vick.) Did Peters play or was he held out again?

PTR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I thought Jason peters played fairly well , but what really caught my attention is the way Vick is being used in the game. If michael Vick was OK with being a slash type player, why did he say he wasn't because in my opinion if Vick is willing to play any position to help his team and would have stated as much, allot more teams may have been interested.

I was watching Justintv with a chat going along beside it and the chat was horrible. I didn't even dare try to get into the middle of it and you guys know I love to argue and debate. I can only imagine how bad some of the opposing stadiums are going to be for Micheal Vick.

Jim Mcnally described Peters as the most dominating offensive lineman he ever coached with the exeption of Anthony Munoz who was one of the best tackles to ever play on the nfl. I think Peters struggled last year due to a lack of motivation and has had nagging injuires slow him down so far this preseason. Given a little time I would anticipate Peters returing to a pro bowl level of play. Let's face it, Jim Mcnally knows a lot more about offensive line play than anyone of this board. In fact he knows more about offensive line play than most everyone.

Jim Mcnally described Peters as the most dominating offensive lineman he ever coached with the exeption of Anthony Munoz who was one of the best tackles to ever play on the nfl. I think Peters struggled last year due to a lack of motivation and has had nagging injuires slow him down so far this preseason. Given a little time I would anticipate Peters returing to a pro bowl level of play. Let's face it, Jim Mcnally knows a lot more about offensive line play than anyone of this board. In fact he knows more about offensive line play than most everyone.

And yet while he was here our line still sucked.

No one disputes that. However, Peters has now gone from using the skills and knowledge Mouse gave him to using the system that the Eagles OL Coach uses and has struggled in it. In Mouse's style, Peters was on his own against the DE.

Link

PHILADELPHIA - Juan Castillo sat down with Jason Peters the day after Peters signed with the Eagles and told him to forget everything he knew about playing offensive line.

Peters had a nice run in Buffalo, made two Pro Bowl teams, started 54 games the last four years. He also allowed -- depending on who you ask -- anywhere from 7 1/2 to 10 1/2 sacks last year, and that's why Castillo, considered one of the NFL's best o-line coaches, decided to overhaul Peters' pass blocking technique before he played a down with the Eagles.

Ahh, last year was, apparently, Pro Bowl level of play.

Ahh, last year was, apparently, Pro Bowl level of play.

Peters looked weak on most of his pass blocks but frankly (and I am not a supporter of any man who says he needs $11 million to feed his family) on his run blocks he was very impressive. He ran downfield with quickness and was effectively blocking the Jacksonville defenders.

Obviously, most of us want him to not succeed and all of us know he was not PRO BOWL last year (I think the players conspired their votes so he could feed his family because I can't imagine any one voting for him otherwise.).

I watched most of the game. peters was unnoticable, which is good for an O lineman.

The offense was terrible when they were trying to force Vick in there. It looked like McNabb had a few words with Vick, McNabb went to the coaches and said something and made the cut-throat sign. Vick didnt see the field the rest of the night and suddenly the offense did well.

Reports have asked McNabb if this was the case and he seems to elude the questions.

Idiots in Philly gave Vick a standing O when he took the field.

Don't bring the idea of expertise to this board. You'll ruin all the fun.

The Peters hating camp will never except the notion that the Bills may have made a stupid move with this trade.

However, if his play slipped due to your claim of decreased motivation then maybe the Bills were in a no win situation and simply played the cards they dealt to themselves.

For what it is worth I still say the Bills FO should have cutt all of this crap with Peters off at the pass by redoing his deal at the end of the season after he became the starting LT. They tried to get by with a RT contract and Peters called them on it. It really does not matter now because he is gone.

Let's just hope that Wood and Nelson continue to come on. If so, then maybe Buffalo comes out well from the trade. I do not care what happens to the Eagles until we meet them on the field.

Peters looked weak on most of his pass blocks but frankly (and I am not a supporter of any man who says he needs $11 million to feed his family) on his run blocks he was very impressive. He ran downfield with quickness and was effectively blocking the Jacksonville defenders.

Obviously, most of us want him to not succeed and all of us know he was not PRO BOWL last year (I think the players conspired their votes so he could feed his family because I can't imagine any one voting for him otherwise.).

What do those people eat??

I have the game on my Tivo but I'm too busy to watch it right now. I was hoping someone would offer some comments on how Jason Peters performed last night. (I know the focus was all on Vick.) Did Peters play or was he held out again?

PTR

Who is Jason Peters? I erased him from memory-

Don't bring the idea of expertise to this board. You'll ruin all the fun.

The Peters hating camp will never except the notion that the Bills may have made a stupid move with this trade.

I hate Jason Peters. The Bills may have made a stupid move with this trade.

Maybe Peters will be a monster in Philly and Wood will suck.

Maybe Peters will play pretty well, but Wood will go on to be a HOF type player.

Maybe Peters will grow fat and happy with that huge contract.

There's many more possible variations. I don't claim to know how it will pan out.

Now on the flip side, will you admit they they may have had valid concerns regarding his work ethic, and maybe, just maybe were justified in not wanting to give him a giant contract? And that maybe, the Eagles who were the ones who made a stupid move with this trade.

I watched most of the game. peters was unnoticable, which is good for an O lineman.

The offense was terrible when they were trying to force Vick in there. It looked like McNabb had a few words with Vick, McNabb went to the coaches and said something and made the cut-throat sign. Vick didnt see the field the rest of the night and suddenly the offense did well.

Reports have asked McNabb if this was the case and he seems to elude the questions.

Idiots in Philly gave Vick a standing O when he took the field.

I would give Vick a standing O in Buffalo.... Most fans would I presume.